The alternative 203 thread...
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Default The alternative 203 thread...

Or,

The 'I'll teach the bugger to call me a Yorkshireman' thread...

Advertisement

Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The alternative 203 thread...-203custom.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-203custom1.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-203custom2.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-203custom3.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-203custom4.jpg  
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

i'll pay the third one ... there are 'implications' for a Western District address, if that would help you.
    steven.

1000+ Posts

Mike have you been able to salvage your "708" thread? I found it cached in Google, but did not try and copy it due to plan refstrictions at the time..

Cheers

Alec

Nope. Lost. Gone forever.

But I've a helluva memory.........

Bought this little bundle of joy on ebay in April 2004. The guy had this and a 403 for sale, if I'd had the cash I'd have bought them both....etc., etc...........

And a week or two later we end up with this.......

Plus a photo from some bloody comedian called BB* (Brigitte Bardot perhaps ?)

Mike.

*Thankyou BB, much appreciated, I owe you one. Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The alternative 203 thread...-done3.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-done1.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-done2.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-done8.jpg  

1000+ Posts

Default Not so...

Quote Originally Posted by catshamlet View Post
    Nope. Lost. Gone forever.
    Not quite gone for ever

I've just downloaded the first three pages. Pictures that were inline (hosted externally to AF, eg. photobucket) are fine, but thumbnails (uploaded to AF) are gone. Last post looks like Oct 8th.

Not sure what I do now, but at least I've got 'em! Total size about 6 Mbyte.

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

Remember, I have your co-ordinates. Fortunately for some I have been offline while this heresy is being committed. My internet satellite seems to have stuck a steam valve.
    Last edited by Russell Hall; 1st November 2010 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Not sure what I do now, but at least I've got 'em! Total size about 6 Mbyte.

Cheers

Alec
    Print them out and hang 'em above the fireplace, to keep the kids away.

I must admit I haven't bothered looking for any of my stuff, I've just assumed that what's gone is gone. Hardly the end of the world.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    i'll pay the third one ... there are 'implications' for a Western District address, if that would help you.
    steven.
    I'm quite taken by the 2 door.......

Mike.

1000+ Posts

aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    enough! mercy!!!!!!

Default Non Non

Mon ami Russel, huntil vous learn to spell Merci correctly, votre punisment will be to view even more PugRods.

Voila, j'presente le custom coupe et la convertible:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The alternative 203 thread...-kartoon_1105534980_203_pro_street_jimmy.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-badboy.16_1125841016_custom_01.jpg  

Sur la commerciale rods:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The alternative 203 thread...-203break5ss.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-203delivery4ux.jpg  

Et, mon ami, la sedan berline et les utility rods:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The alternative 203 thread...-kartoon_1104847447_copie_de_203.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-58ko.jpg   The alternative 203 thread...-pua.jpg  

1000+ Posts

Mike,
    I have to ask you what you were thinking about when you did this to the front of your car.
    The best idea I had was that you ran up the back of a bus so had to salvage a few bits.

1000+ Posts

It gives a clear run because pedestrians flee in horror plus it keeps children off the streets. It is the first proven kangaroo proof vehicle because no respectable roo would be seen dead in its presence.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hall View Post
    It gives a clear run because pedestrians flee in horror plus it keeps children off the streets. It is the first proven kangaroo proof vehicle because no respectable roo would be seen dead in its presence.
    But you never know what sort of kangaroos they have in Cumbria....if they are anything like the wild things
    we've seen so far....
    '66 404 Wagon
    '78 504 Wagon
    '89 505 GTI S II Familiale

1000+ Posts

Perhaps it could be used to patrol the northern border against marauding Scots?
    My brains are still addled from being conscripted into a shearing (crutching) crew. Sampled the delights of Australia Felix, slept in shearers huts (none of that new fangled electricity) and handled more than enough wool. The 203 used to be a popular shearers car but now it's fwd utes.

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    Mike,
    I have to ask you what you were thinking about when you did this to the front of your car.
    The best idea I had was that you ran up the back of a bus so had to salvage a few bits.

Nah. Tripped up in my garage while carrying an armful of chrome, sorry, stainless strips, and it just sort of, well, happened. But it ain't permanent I hope.

Perhaps it could be used to patrol the northern border against marauding Scots?
    My brains are still addled from being conscripted into a shearing (crutching) crew. Sampled the delights of Australia Felix, slept in shearers huts (none of that new fangled electricity) and handled more than enough wool. The 203 used to be a popular shearers car but now it's fwd utes.
    I, like several others, are still waiting patiently for the thread you were about to start before the 'Great Crash of 2010' - surely you remember? I think you said you intended to call it 'Airbrushing Flames - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask'

But while I'm here, how come all these stainless strips and the bumpers are magnetic? I've always thought stainless wasn't magnetic, and I've wandered about for the past couple of days with a magnet trying sink tops and cutlery in various folk's houses. Strangely, some of them thought me a trifle odd.

Mike.

1000+ Posts

It is the wonder of French metallurgy. But rust or corrode they do not. When 203's have returned to the dust from whence they came the stainless steel strips will mark their resting place.
    Rather than a thread on airbrushing I thought I would start one on "Appreciation of Aesthetics and GOOD TASTE."

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

It is the wonder of French metallurgy. But rust or corrode they do not. When 203's have returned to the dust from whence they came the stainless steel strips will mark their resting place.
    Rather than a thread on airbrushing I thought I would start one on "Appreciation of Aesthetics and GOOD TASTE."
    that could be wasted on a few
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by okalford View Post
    But you never know what sort of kangaroos they have in Cumbria....if they are anything like the wild things
    we've seen so far....
    We don't need kangaroos, our dawgs can out-jump anything...........

Oh, a pic of a local beauty spot thrown in for free...........

I fell in there when I was a kid and was made to sit in my undies in the car on the way home.

Mike.

1000+ Posts

Those dogs can jump! Every year there is a Kelpie (Australian sheep dog) festival in Casterton and part of it is a jumping competition. Thousands of people turn up to watch. It's the biggest event of the year for the town. Yes, there's not much to do in the country. Let's go to town and watch a dog jump. There is an auction and dogs go up to $7000. Casterton (the English and South Australians pronounce it Carsterton) once had a dealer selling 203's from 1950. He threw his manuals and books on the tip before I turned up.

I suspect the highest flying dogs are male with all the bits intact, gives them incentive! I know it would work for me.
    Russell the height those dogs jump is truly amazing, no wonder they aren't the best pets for the suburbs as your house would look like a fortress to keep them in.

1000+ Posts

Given the barbed wire fence in the pic that theory might have been tested. One of our kelpies clears a six foot compound. Would be a delight in the suburbs.

Given the barbed wire fence in the pic that theory might have been tested. One of our kelpies clears a six foot compound. Would be a delight in the suburbs.
    Tell me about it, I fostered one as a rescue dog once and he got out the next day; jumped the fence that my lazy labs wouldn't even consider. Little blighter crossed four very major roads before a kind fellow spotted him in danger in the big city. Might be why he was in the pound in the first place.

I hope Mike’s pic might have been a photoshop job....

Whoops we have strayed from 203's.....
    '66 404 Wagon
    '78 504 Wagon
    '89 505 GTI S II Familiale

Icon10 Put some clothes on for goodness sake!

Quote Originally Posted by okalford View Post
    I hope Mike’s pic might have been a photoshop job....

Whoops we have strayed from 203's.....
    No, that's an untouched photo, from the Cumberland News. I'd imagine the little fella second from the left was wishing he'd flapped his ears a tad faster.

So we'll wander back. With a nice unmolested example..................

Mike.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread Information