I Hate Country Cops
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Member Felix205GTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    46

    Default I Hate Country Cops

    i really am very pissed, last night me and my mates went for a drive up to tanunda to visit a mate, anyway, we missed the street and chucked a an unindicated u turn after checking there was no cars in the vacinity, then whithin seconds i had an SS marked car up my arse until he could overtake me to catch my mate with the clio, he pulls him over then runns out on the middle of the road and tels me to pull over on the other side the wrong way, out of nowhere comes and unmarked SS, and pulls up facing the front of me, turns out i have been fined $186 and 2 Demerit points for an unindicated u turn, and have been defected wait for it, not my exhaust, not my wheels with illegal spacers and profile, not my harness, which i was using at the time, not my black perspex numberplate, but they got me for a really big one, my horn doesnt work, thats right i am one of those Hoons who thinks he is cool cruising around with out a horn that works, i am very very gratefull that i didnt get done for anything else serious, but WTF, my horn, now all i need to know is how do you fix a 205 horn, the compressor is spinning up, what do i have to do to it to get myself undefected

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Veni Vidi Posti 68 404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    I pass those illegal mods to my mates at Tanunda

    Just jokes mate!

    Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

    IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."


  3. #3
    1000+ Posts catshamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hiding in a bush somewhere in ENGLAND
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Viagra?



    Mike.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Geez tough break. Is the horn fix something you can just roll down to the local cop shop to get the canary taken off? or is a Regency job. If so then maybe the illegal spacers, harness, exhaust etc may have to come off. If so that's a complete pain in the arse!

    I feel for ya dude
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  5. #5
    1000+ Posts Gamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Picton NSW
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Sounds like you got banged to rights, Gov'nr.

    How daft. You admit to having unlawful mods to the car and complain when you are done for a legitimate defect.

    Further you admit to failing to indicate when manoeuvring, (you took the time to look - I don’t think so, or you would have seen the fuzzz.

    You have been charged and found guilty, by your own admission, of being a plonker.

    Take him down.

    P.S. I think a stern word and a warning may have been more appropriate in the circumstances though.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    924

    Default

    I Hate Country Cops

    Ok next time your in trouble call a HIPPIE

    Graelin

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamma
    Sounds like you got banged to rights, Gov'nr.

    How daft. You admit to having unlawful mods to the car and complain when you are done for a legitimate defect.

    Further you admit to failing to indicate when manoeuvring, (you took the time to look - I don’t think so, or you would have seen the fuzzz.

    You have been charged and found guilty, by your own admission, of being a plonker.
    Yep he's a real tosser, Graeme.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  8. #8
    Veni Vidi Posti 68 404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Most horn problems are simply due to a blown fuse so I'd start there. I know on Jappo cars they share the fuse with the brake lights so you might not have them either!

    I know in the past SA cars didn't need annual inspections so often they were death traps when they ventured interstate. Am unsure if that is still the law.

    The purpose of the horn isn't to vent your anger, but to warn other road users of alarm/danger etc.

    Hope you get it sorted

    Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

    IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."


  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 68 404
    I know in the past SA cars didn't need annual inspections so often they were death traps when they ventured interstate. Am unsure if that is still the law.
    Dave
    Dunno 'bout SA, but in vic there is no annual inspection either. But to transfer rego you need a recent (within a few months) RWC.
    '96 Peugeot 405 SRDT Station Wagon

    '71 Peugeot 504 GL - gone

    '91 Peugeot 205si - gone

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin
    I Hate Country Cops

    Ok next time your in trouble call a HIPPIE

    Graelin
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Felix, you drive down a country road and decide to speed because you can't see anyone around. A child runs out from beside the road and you doing 180km/h hit and kill said child. 'Oh officer, no-one else was around so I thought it was OK'?????
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,426

    Default

    I dont often venture into the pug section, but the headline caught my attention.If you had some perspective, dude,you'd be saying "gee, I like country cops.They didn't bust me for all the obvious illegal mods on my car, but gave me a token fine for a thing that's easy and cheap to fix"
    Using your indicator is driving lesson 101.If i got busted for such an avoidable mistake, my pride would have me keep it to myself,along with all the illegal mods on my car.
    jo

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts Gamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Picton NSW
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    I dont often venture into the pug section, but the headline caught my attention.If you had some perspective, dude,you'd be saying "gee, I like country cops.They didn't bust me for all the obvious illegal mods on my car, but gave me a token fine for a thing that's easy and cheap to fix"
    Using your indicator is driving lesson 101.If i got busted for such an avoidable mistake, my pride would have me keep it to myself,along with all the illegal mods on my car.
    jo
    Welcome to the 'pug section'.

    You would have thought Felix205GTi would have kept quiet about his misdemeanours rather trying to find sympathy here.

    Graelin, I have visions of Hippies turning up late, asking for peace, tranquillity and brown rice.
    Last edited by Gamma; 5th March 2006 at 12:53 PM.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

  13. #13
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamma
    Graelin, I have visions of Hippies turning up late, asking for peace, tranquillity and brown rice.
    And then you could file a report down at the mud brick hippie station.

    Seriously though Felix, what did said Copper/Hippie say was wrong with the numberplate cover?
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  14. #14
    Member Felix205GTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    46

    Default Wtf

    Lads i was not having a whinge, nor was i expecting understanding, i just thought it was uncanny that a police officer, looked past all of my cars illegal modifications, only to defect me for my $12 replacement horn which took litteraly 5 mins to install, secondly my number plate is a peice of black perspex, with white laser cut letters on it, not a metal one with a plastic cover, i was not at all angry with the cops up there, (my title was innapropriate), i was more amazed at the outcome, i know i performed an illegal manouvre by not indicating, and i have paid for it, and BTW gamma, the cops were conveniently loading up on subway nearby when we did it, they made sure we knew that we let his sweet onion chicken teriaki got cold as he had to spent 45 mins with us,

    One Love

  15. #15
    Tadpole Nick_405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix205GTi
    Lads i was not having a whinge, nor was i expecting understanding, i just thought it was uncanny that a police officer, looked past all of my cars illegal modifications, only to defect me for my $12 replacement horn which took litteraly 5 mins to install, secondly my number plate is a peice of black perspex, with white laser cut letters on it, not a metal one with a plastic cover, i was not at all angry with the cops up there, (my title was innapropriate), i was more amazed at the outcome, i know i performed an illegal manouvre by not indicating, and i have paid for it, and BTW gamma, the cops were conveniently loading up on subway nearby when we did it, they made sure we knew that we let his sweet onion chicken teriaki got cold as he had to spent 45 mins with us,

    One Love
    Lol, yeah, they'll do that. What a job
    I reject the reality and substitute my own!!

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    unindicated u-tirn... as if it matters. Why do the authorities here get so heavy over such utter crap?
    unfrogged (for now)

  17. #17
    BVH Roger Wilkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warrnambool
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 68 404
    I know in the past SA cars didn't need annual inspections so often they were death traps when they ventured interstate. Am unsure if that is still the law.
    You don't need annual inspections in Victoria either. All my cars are deathtraps.

    But NSW doesn't have an infallible system either. I'm sure you have seen some of the dodgy mechanicals that often make it through NSW pink slips.

    Roger

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Concord City, Sir.
    Posts
    3,445

    Default

    hihihi my father just had a v6 commonder engine passed in his 83 L300. dont ask me how.. Country NSW is a great place

    Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

    "More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

  19. #19
    1000+ Posts Pugnut403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    There are people who will pass anything for a carton.

    I know someone here who had a noisy exhaust, broken indicator lens, no number plate light and one or two other minor misdemeanors, and a country cop ignored them officially ( unofficially he said get them fixed soon) and only booked him for no seat belt.
    Another country cop caught a friend of mine doing 150+ on a bike and gave him a stern warning. Soon afterwards he caught 2 bikes racing, but he only booked the fastest one, and he wrote the speed down lower so he wouldn't get automatic disqualification.
    On the other hand, a friend of mine was recently fined by a city cop for having his windscreen wahser bottle empty.

    I find country cops are more likely to be lenient and give you a minor ticked/stern warning, and they usually hold the offence rate pretty low in the area. My local cop is pretty good. He knows everything that is going on, and he warns people before they get too far out of line. Very few people around here get booked unless they do something really stupid.
    Pugs Rule!

    403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

  20. #20
    Member franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix205GTi
    i really am very pissed, last night me and my mates went for a drive up to tanunda to visit a mate, anyway, we missed the street and chucked a an unindicated u turn after checking there was no cars in the vacinity, then whithin seconds i had an SS marked car up my arse until he could overtake me to catch my mate with the clio, he pulls him over then runns out on the middle of the road and tels me to pull over on the other side the wrong way, out of nowhere comes and unmarked SS, and pulls up facing the front of me, turns out i have been fined $186 and 2 Demerit points for an unindicated u turn, and have been defected wait for it, not my exhaust, not my wheels with illegal spacers and profile, not my harness, which i was using at the time, not my black perspex numberplate, but they got me for a really big one, my horn doesnt work, thats right i am one of those Hoons who thinks he is cool cruising around with out a horn that works, i am very very gratefull that i didnt get done for anything else serious, but WTF, my horn, now all i need to know is how do you fix a 205 horn, the compressor is spinning up, what do i have to do to it to get myself undefected
    You dont happen to own a graphite coloured 205 GTi with 'race' seats and a milo tin exhaust in the eastern suburbs do you?

    You don't also happen to be the same person that appeared out of nowhere and proceeded to tailgate me up The Parade (whilst I was doing 60 km/h), then took it upon yourself to overtake me and the car in front on the short left hand slip lane in front of Pembroke College, heading towards Glynburn Rd, at a ridiculous speed, on a Monday night about 3 weeks ago?

    What the driver of this vehicle failed to realise was that an off-duty police constable happened to be a passenger in my vehicle that night, who then proceed to record the vehicle and rego details down and logged them into the police database, with a little black cross next to your details, stating unlawful driving techniques observed.

    If this is you, this is perhaps why the boys in blue 'apparently' gave you
    a hard time, as you have been observed first hand being an ididot on the road on a prior occassion. Whoever it is (I don't know if they frequent this board or not), take it to the track, not the street. Whoever it was felt they had something to prove against an Mi16

    Moron.
    1991 Peugeot 405 Mi16 sports saloon
    Boge shock absorbers all round
    K&N panel
    FOR SALE: $4800 NEGOTIABLE
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/cars-sale-wanted/32141-sale-1991-405-mi16-s1-5-adelaide.html

  21. #21
    1000+ Posts edgedweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CLARE SA
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut403
    Very few people around here get booked unless they do something really stupid.
    Ah Tasmania,

    Rustic oneday
    Yesterday the next.

    ed ge

  22. #22
    1000+ Posts edgedweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CLARE SA
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franco
    You dont happen to own a graphite coloured 205 GTi Moron.
    A little posts search indicates that this is so.

    ed ge

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franco
    What the driver of this vehicle failed to realise was that an off-duty police constable happened to be a passenger in my vehicle that night, who then proceed to record the vehicle and rego details down and logged them into the police database, with a little black cross next to your details, stating unlawful driving techniques observed.
    Moron or not that kind of thing is out of order IMO. Police should only act on the actual offence being committed when teh car is stopped, not on some dodgy black mark system. What if the car has been sold in between? Or someone else was driving when observed as a 'moron'. Off duty police are members of the general public and should save it for when they're on duty. This is the kind of thing that alienates generally law obiding people sucha sme from the police.
    unfrogged (for now)

  24. #24
    Gus
    Gus is offline
    Fellow Frogger! Gus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    600

    Default

    I think it's only fair. The guy admits himself that he was doing things wrong, and the defect that he got was legitimate. It's not like the cop made an unfair excuse to pull him over without just cause.

    Assuming that he did find a black mark, that's a legitimate reason not to be overly lenient on someone who had done something wrong. Maybe if he hadn't found the mark, Felix205 would have gotten off with a warning.

    I think cops can be slack and unfair sometimes, too, but this system makes some sense to me...

  25. #25
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix205GTi
    Turns out i have been fined $186 and 2 Demerit points for an unindicated u turn, and have been defected wait for it, my horn doesnt work.
    I suspect the officer involved had an "inkling" you may have been up to no good (speeding etc), but had no way of proving it so went for the smallest thing he could find JUST to piss you off. True or not true it matters not.

    The U-turn thing was unlucky not to be let off with a warning*, but once they are "gunning" for you, you're doomed . I have seen this many times before, I've also seen perfectly LEGAL cars defected and pass inspection without a change being made.. all because the officer suspected they were up to no good (and many time they were) but had no evidence of speeding or other traffic infringements. A defect notice is the best they can do.

    If you did indeed get extra hassle because of “dobber” activity, then that’s karma, you never know who’s watching. I thought dobber type activity was left behind at primary school, obviously not.

    * little story of me almost T-boning a country cop cause they did a "suicide turn" right in front of me, as they were SOOOOOO eager to catch a speeding car going the other way .. they didn't indicate, didn't turn on flashing lights, didn't LOOK and didn't even apologise when the smoke cleared and I was sitting there about 30cms away going NUTS at them.

    - xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •