interchangeable with peugeot parts
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default interchangeable with peugeot parts

Hey guys,

I have to buy a serpentine belt for a pug 306. Does anyone know if i can buy one in any other place then peugeot, or if any other common cars have the same size belt ?

Last time i changed my break pads i was forunate enough that barina pads are the same - that saved me lots

Also i noticed that my last timeing belt was a 'gates' - i thought they were Australian" - it was wrapped in peugeot packaging - thats probably what i paid the inflated price for. Anyone had any luck ordering these through local auto stores to save cash ?

Advertisement

if anyone knows of any other interchangable parts that will save me money that would be great
    Last edited by jay_gee; 2nd March 2006 at 09:05 PM.

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by jay_gee
    Hey guys,

I have to buy a serpentine belt for a pug 306. Does anyone know if i can buy one in any other place then peugeot, or if any other common cars have the same size belt ?

Last time i changed my break pads i was forunate enough that barina pads are the same - that saved me lots

Also i noticed that my last timeing belt was a 'gates' - i thought they were Australian" - it was wrapped in peugeot packaging - thats probably what i paid the inflated price for. Anyone had any luck ordering these through local auto stores to save cash ?

if anyone knows of any other interchangable parts that will save me money that would be great
    If you can get the gates number (or typ number ie 5PK1080) you can buy one from almost anywhere. gates makes belts for most of the manufacturers.

Fellow Frogger!

im not too sure about interchangeable parts for the 306 although some parts do fit the 205. give this place a call, i believe they're the importers/distributors for Gates products eg. belts, hoses, etc.:

R.P. Wallis Wholesale - (02) 97565111.

they're in wetherill pk sydney but dont sell to the public. they will give u the ph # of who they sell to, usually closest to u. they also helped with part numbers for gates & flexfab hoses.
    Puggy.

I bought a cambelt for both 8 and 16 valve engines locally from AutoPro store for around $34 and $37
    The serpentine belt is easy peezy.

Get the number off the belt; if it says 1225 it's 1225mm long and if there's say a 5 in the prefix, it has 5 mini grooves. I bought mine off the shelf at SuperCheap for around $25

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information