Meguiars NXT
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Meguiars NXT

Default Meguiars NXT

Had this product recommended to me by a mate who recently used this product on his car.

Must say, for my 20min job (excluding washing!) the car has come up a treat.

Advertisement

About $40 from autobarn... and it comes with the applicator pad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meguiars NXT-dscn0955_nolic.jpg  
    2001 306 RALLYE

Tadpole

Default Sure looks good

Was that NXT paste or liquid??

Looks like it did an excellent job. Car is lookin good
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Borrow fivers off everyone you meet."
    - Richard Branson

"He who allows himself to be insulted, deserves to be."
    - Pierre Corneille
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 307 Sport

Default Tell us more...

Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    Had this product recommended to me by a mate who recently used this product on his car.

Must say, for my 20min job (excluding washing!) the car has come up a treat.

About $40 from autobarn... and it comes with the applicator pad.
    What are it's attributes? Is it a deoxideizer? How does it go on clearkote? Does it fill scratches?
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Quote Originally Posted by 407Lover
    Was that NXT paste or liquid??
    Wax liqiud.

Quote Originally Posted by tassiediesel
    What are it's attributes? Is it a deoxideizer? How does it go on clearkote? Does it fill scratches?
    The website said it removes minor scratches and swirls. I found this to be true in some cases, but not all. I've still got quite a few scratches on the door handles and other body parts. Ive used the ScratchX product in the past on some areas but I think the handles are a bit too far gone for this

http://www.meguiars.com.au/productde...Protect&show=1
    2001 306 RALLYE

Quote Originally Posted by tassiediesel
    I use NXT as the final protectant and it works pretty well... although, I've already removed the scratches with a more abrasive polish. NXT isn't supposed to contain any abrasives, but if it does they're very mild. It's a very smooth product to apply and very easy to remove. A really nice product... but if you've got scratches, you need to use an abrasive polish beforehand, something like ScratchX for hand applications.

Jannear, If your scratches around the door handles are not coming out with scratchx, I'd actually suggest another coat of scratchx as it's a pretty good hand abrasive... not sure if you know that what you're doing is smoothing out the edges of the scratches so they're less visible.... you're not really filling in the scratch or anything... so a few applications of scratch should smooth out the edges of the scratch enough to make it less reflective. Remember to let the product do the work. If that still doesn't work, then you can try a slighter harder abrasive... I personally use a random orbital sander and pad with a light abrasive around the door handles and it comes up a treat in no time! Do you know anyone with such equipment you can borrow?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Jannear, If your scratches around the door handles are not coming out with scratchx, I'd actually suggest another coat of scratchx as it's a pretty good hand abrasive... not sure if you know that what you're doing is smoothing out the edges of the scratches so they're less visible.... you're not really filling in the scratch or anything... so a few applications of scratch should smooth out the edges of the scratch enough to make it less reflective. Remember to let the product do the work. If that still doesn't work, then you can try a slighter harder abrasive... I personally use a random orbital sander and pad with a light abrasive around the door handles and it comes up a treat in no time! Do you know anyone with such equipment you can borrow?
    I'll give ScratchX a second go when the car's ready for another coat
    2001 306 RALLYE

Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    I'll give ScratchX a second go when the car's ready for another coat
    You've got a black 306 Rallye? Black 306s... ouch! Hope you're using a good sponge to clean it... Meg's lambswool mit is nice. Seriously hard car to keep scratch free, the black paint just isn't very good on the Pug. Good luck mate!
    - Lincoln

You've got a black 306 Rallye? ...the black paint just isn't very good on the Pug. Good luck mate!
    But black is so damn sexy. I never thought I'd ever buy a black car, until I saw it sitting in the showroom - freshly detailed (I got the car from Spencer St Autos - they have an indoor showroom!).

I was partially sold on the factory sunroof too, not that it gets much use in Melbourne
    2001 306 RALLYE

I found NXT wax liquid to give excellent results. I have been using the NXT detailer and NXT wash (sparingly) as well.
    Kind regards,
    C3PO.
    2005 Citroen C3 Exclusive Panoramique Hatchback.
    2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO
    I found NXT wax liquid to give excellent results. I have been using the NXT detailer and NXT wash (sparingly) as well.
    Kind regards,
    C3PO.
    They release the paste version which I think would probably work better. After trying gold class paste and liquid wax, there difference is very noticible.

I use NXT after a week I put show car glaze and yellow wax, still the best product comparing to NXT.

Jason
    Jason

206 GTI MY01.5 Oversteer Edition

Myth Buster Logic : red cars go faster !!
    Red Car Bling factor :

You've got a black 306 Rallye? Black 306s... ouch! Hope you're using a good sponge to clean it... Meg's lambswool mit is nice. Seriously hard car to keep scratch free, the black paint just isn't very good on the Pug. Good luck mate!
    oooooohhhhh... the ghost of Lincoln past!

How you finding life in London??
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    oooooohhhhh... the ghost of Lincoln past!

How you finding life in London??
    thanks mate. London is going well. Enjoying being a Dad and am working now too
    - Lincoln

J206GTI,
    I have the NXT paste wax but it won't stop raining long enough for me to try it.
    May be this week?

Regards,
    C3PO
    2005 Citroen C3 Exclusive Panoramique Hatchback.
    2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe.

So I tried the Meguiars NXT today on the 306 after a good wash. Re-did some areas that were looking a bit shabby (front & back & skirts) with Mothers Cleaner & Carnuba wax. Then NXT all over (ok i tried to avoid black plastic parts, but even where i was lazy it doesnt seem to matter - will give it a few days and see if i have to touch up the plastic).

My thoughts.....very impressed with ease of application (plus you get a nice application pad) and that you dont seem to need to use much, actually i think less ir more on this one - I tried to be extra diligent and put two coats on front of bonnet, grrrrr significantly harder to rub back.

After rubbing it all back Im impressed, much slicker and feels slippery so hopefully crud wont stain or stick to paint so easy.

Not sure why someone hasnt mentioned it yet, but dont you think it smells great!! For a car care product. Where is 'Gay and Proud' when we need him/her.

Thus far, highly recommended - but time will tell.

Less is more.

p.s shop around, ive seen prices from $39.90 to $49.95

Thread Information