Just picked up my NEW 307 touring HDi!!!!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Just picked up my NEW 307 touring HDi!!!!

2l turbo diesel. AWESOME car. The push in the back is something to experience. I can't see myself ever buying a petrol daily driver again. The wife loves it too.

Advertisement

Drove it to Goulburn and back on the weekend and I still have half a tank of fuel. Beautiful car. Just waiting for the dealer to get back to me to fit the tow bar.

Just a quick Qu...what do people think about having the oil changed after 1000ks? It's not a recommended service by the factory, but most other manufacturers/mechanics find it to be a good idea. What do y'all reackon?

Only downer on the car is that it needs a slight wheel alignment. Still that's easy fixed.
    rear engined boxer mayhem @...
    www.geocities.com/peterwood73

Congratulations - I am having a similar reaction to my 407 hdi !! (All that money spent on petrol over the years!! - sheesh!!)

Happy motoring - unfortunately, I am noe expert on diesel engines but I would also be interested in the answers to your questions.

M

Icon6

congrats Pete ... I'm not sure about the 1,000 km but I suggest changing within 12 months of manufacturing date.
    '04 307 XSE Touring Auto - Diablo Red
    '06 206 C Auto - Diablo Red

definitely every 5000Km maximum.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Default Oil change

Always a good idea to have the oil changed and perhaps even the filters cleaned within the first 12 months mabey the first 1000k. As metal shavings and little bits of 'crap' can be left in the workings of the car and that is collected in the oil and filters.

Do you trust Peugeot enough that all the parts were clean metal grain and shaving free. Probably you do. I would. But i would always get it changed. I check my filters often just because i want my car to last the longest it can.

Up to you i think, depends if you want to spend the money or not but i mean it MAY increase your engine life by say a week to a year?

I think its better to be safe than sorry.

(unprofessional statment)

I rebuilt an engine a year or so ago. Admittedly, not on a car, but it was an industrial 4 stroke petrol engine.
    I ran it for about 30 minutes and even though the engine had been meticulously cleaned on assembly, the oil came out grey (went in red) so to me, that says unless someone can convince me that minute sharves of metal being pumped through an engine does no harm, I'll do an early oil change every time on a new engine either ex factory or rebuilt.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Tadpole

yep that's pretty much what I was thinking...metal shavings = bad

I'd be happy to pay $100 or so to see that sorted with a shange and a filter.

BTW, which dealer in Sydney is good for services, ie. doesn't add at 200%profit margin to everything.
    rear engined boxer mayhem @...
    www.geocities.com/peterwood73

Well, good luck with getting the Parramatta dealer to change the oil for that figure, I say, but there is no harm in asking them.

You certainly don't need to take it to a dealer to just change the oil. If the genuine filter and the right spec of oil (listed in your owner's manual) is used there are no warranty concerns to deal with.

Please note: if you do ring up/ask them, a genuine filter costs somewhere in the region of $25.00 and oil will probably be double that amount (from a Pug dealer of course) so from there you can factor in the labour costs.
    Last edited by SLC206; 28th February 2006 at 08:35 PM.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

The engines are all run before they are put in the cars. There is no need to change the oil. It is definately not going to hurt the engine if you change the oil only your back pocket. 5 litres of full synthetic oil is anywhere from 50 -100 dollars. Anyhow, great to hear everything is going well, I am sure you are going to luv the car.

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Additional congratulations on your purchase!

We are looking forward to receiving our recently ordered 307 XSE Hdi Touring, probably in May or June.

During our test drive of a similar vehicle, the 320 Nm of torque was certainly a memorable feature, along with the 6 speed gearbox, easy manoeverability, interior quietness etc. There are plenty of features, specifications etc to learn about.

What brand of tyres are fitted to yours? It would seem that any of the major brands are possible, including Pirelli, Bridgestone etc, but not Michelin. We understand that the 407 will most likely have Michelins fitted.

Re the oil change, when is the first scheduled service? I believe that they are at 10,000 km intervals, with a larger service due at 20,000, & a major service at 60,000 km?

In a Peugeot advertisement on the back page of the Peugeot Car Club of NSW magazine, it states that Peugeot models from the year 2000 onwards require 'A' minor services to be carried out at 20k, 60k, 100k, 140k, 180k etc, alternating with 'C' major services at 40k, 80k, 120k, 160k, 200k etc.

At the print date of that advertisement (Dec 2004) the prices for a 206 XT 1.6 & a 307 XS 1.6 were 'A' $305.00 & 'C' $665, both being RRP. The prices include labour, parts & lubricants.

At the very least, I think I would like to have a say on the type of lubricant. We have always used Penrite HPR 30 in our petrol engined Peugeots, and have nothing but praise for this lubricant.

Cheers,
    Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by KIMDEB
    Re the oil change, when is the first scheduled service? I believe that they are at 10,000 km intervals, with a larger service due at 20,000, & a major service at 60,000 km?

In a Peugeot advertisement on the back page of the Peugeot Car Club of NSW magazine, it states that Peugeot models from the year 2000 onwards require 'A' minor services to be carried out at 20k, 60k, 100k, 140k, 180k etc, alternating with 'C' major services at 40k, 80k, 120k, 160k, 200k etc.
    You just answered your own question there

An "A" service is the one with the oil change, therefore Peugeot Oz recommend 20k intervals between oil changes. Does anyone really think they should let their brand new car go for 20,000km before its first oil change?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by KIMDEB

none of that traditionally applies to a diesel however. If you really want to look after them, change the oil every 5000. Just look at the colour of the oil after 10Km!

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    You just answered your own question there

An "A" service is the one with the oil change, therefore Peugeot Oz recommend 20k intervals between oil changes. Does anyone really think they should let their brand new car go for 20,000km before its first oil change?
    Historically, I have always changed both OIL & FILTER each 10,0000 km. I think I would be applying this same philosophy to a new vehicle. It is a small price to pay (if done yourself) when compared with peace of mind, & a very long-life engine.

Cheers,
    Kim.

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    none of that traditionally applies to a diesel however. If you really want to look after them, change the oil every 5000. Just look at the colour of the oil after 10Km!
    Again, I agree.

The modern diesel is a bit less harsh on lubricants, but if experience proves otherwise, I would reduce the servicing interval.

Cheers,
    Kim.

Hello...one of the main selling points of a modern car is the extended interval servicing. There is no way a manufacturer would recommend an interval which was even close to being bad for the engine.

European cars sold in Australia already use servicing intervals for 'harsh' climates. In the UK you service every 30k.

Do not drain the factory oil before the first service, it is an extremely high grade first-fill oil that is designed to last a lot longer than the oil purchased 'off the shelf'. As stated previously the engines are tested before fitting to the car.

The only time you would reduce the service interval below that of the manufacturer recommendations is if you drive in very dusty/dirty conditions.

Of course dealers would love you to service every 10k as it makes them money, but believe me it is not necessary!!

My opinion of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by pete wood
    yep that's pretty much what I was thinking...metal shavings = bad

I'd be happy to pay $100 or so to see that sorted with a shange and a filter.

BTW, which dealer in Sydney is good for services, ie. doesn't add at 200%profit margin to everything.
    I'd get Peugeot Service to do it dude. They will do it for around $250 and you an fully trust them with this sort of job, no stuffing around.

Cheers dude, congrats on the purchase

Tadpole

Default Oil Changes

I had our 405SRDT & 306 HDI engine oils checked by Millers oils in the UK. The oil in both cars had done 10,000 kms. The lab report indicated that the synthetic oil I used could go to at least 15,000kms. Bear in mind I drive mostly in the country with nil dirt road travel and cruising around 116kmh so the oil gets an easy life. My experience is to change your oil at 10,000kms unless you are giving your diesel an arduous time then 5,000kms seem logical. Don't worry about the colour of the oil in a diesel. If it's black then the oil is doing its job by holding the particulates in suspension. Always change your oil at least every 6 months.

Tadpole

I've decided to buy a new 307 wagon. Been thinking abou it for a few weeks. It would appear the car has very little competition. Not many other manufacters make small/mid size wagons.

I'm after an auto, but at present they only come in a petrol model.
    I've heard whispers of a diesel coming very soon. Within the next four months.

I know what your going to say, and to an extent, I agree with you.
    Go the manual. The car choice is mine, I want a Pug, the gearbox is my wifes choice - auto.

It could be worse....

Has anyone heard about the coming auto diesel?? Any reason I should pick the already available petrol model???

Last point, if your thinking about going to the Brisbane International Motor Show. Let me know, I'll tell you all about it in two or three sentences.
    Allez Le Pug

Nous sortons demain?

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    I'd get Peugeot Service to do it dude. They will do it for around $250 and you an fully trust them with this sort of job, no stuffing around.

Cheers dude, congrats on the purchase
    Congrats on the purchase. You have got a nice car there.

Rusty,

Give me the $250 and I'll change your oil, without stuffing around, cause I wouldn't fully trust a Peugeot Dealer as far as I could throw one. (Not very far, unless it was off a tall bridge! )

Does it make you feel better giving them all that money? Sorry, but I have experienced and heard too many stories over the years.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

A mate's girlfriend recently got a Toy Corolla. First service is at 10,000kms.

I freaked. Told her to just pay for an oil and filter change, shouldn't cost more then $90. Or if you want, I'll do it.

She said, no. That's what the book says. If anything goes wrong, I've followed the book.

I said "no worries" and that was that. But a week later I saw them again, and she said she asked about what I was talking about. Apparently she talked to the "sale" rep about it. I already smelt trouble and expected some rubbish story.

Sure enough. The reason for the 10,000kay first service is, "those little particles of metal help run the engine in properly. These engines are built so well these days that it would take you 50,000kays to run them in if we didn't do it this way."

Now, I sometimes agree with modern engines and that some can take that long to fully "bed in". But for people like that. I'd like to remove their kidneys. Tell them we'll replace their blood next week, this way we're sure that the little particles of whatever catch all the other nasties, just to make sure.

I'd like to see the state of the person after a week.

Sorry to go way off topic.

Congrats on the new pug. When I went from the Patrol to the 405 mi16. I should have go into another diesel instead, I miss the diesel.
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

Tadpole

We were looking at a 307 Touring Hdi as well. The Auto is being released in May, you can order them from dealers already. Although they aren't sure whether it will be the 4 or 6 speed auto. Hopefully the 6

nJm

The other day I was car shopping with a friend and we took out a used 2003 307 HDI Touring and a brand new one with the 1.6HDI engine. What a huge difference it made! Incredibly nicer engine with much better performance before the turbo spools up than the old 66kw 2L HDI engine. They've also made big improvements to the manual gearbox and improved the suspension. Add to that the minor improvements made to the interior and it was a no-brainer.

Turns out you can even get a factory order if you want a colour not available in Australia.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    Turns out you can even get a factory order if you want a colour not available in Australia.
    You've always been able to do that. Just some dealers didn't know or didn't want to know.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    The other day I was car shopping with a friend and we took out a used 2003 307 HDI Touring and a brand new one with the 1.6HDI engine. What a huge difference it made! Incredibly nicer engine with much better performance before the turbo spools up than the old 66kw 2L HDI engine. They've also made big improvements to the manual gearbox and improved the suspension. Add to that the minor improvements made to the interior and it was a no-brainer.

Yes, a very convincing car. The old 2 litre non intercooled engine was a bit pointless, the intercooled version in the 406 gave better performance and economy in a heavier car! The 1.6 is better again.
    Graham

I had a guy follow me through Westend-south Brisbane- Annerley in a silver 307 HDi Touring. Sound's fantastic! You can hardly tell it is a diesel. We exchanged waves and acknowledgements of each other's pugs. He had a bit of trouble keeping up with the Mi16 however. Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the world of pug .
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information