mi16 brakes/tyres
  • Register
  • Help

Default mi16 brakes/tyres

G'day all

im looking into perhaps buying some new tyres and/or brakes for my 92 mi16...

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for either? prices/suppliers?

any information would be great

i mostly want new tyres on account of the fact that my four are made up of two different brand and im not entirely sure how great they are... and im fairly certain that i saw a thread once about a particular tyre that the mi16 goes very nicely with, after a search i cant find the thread so yeh im asking again

Advertisement

Brakes, well, why not brakes? not only would big, mean animal brakes look great through the rims, but if im spending money on something, it probably should be something to do with safety, plus i love the looks of freaky nutcase brakes through a set of alloys.

thanks all
    '92 405 mi16

As far as tyres are concerned try looking here for advice The 195/55R15 Tyre Thread it will either answer your question or confuse the hell out of you as it did me

You would probably be aware that your tyre selection for high performing tyres in a 15" size is now fairly restricted, so you need to decide if you want to increase to 16" or even 17". Michelin Preceda still I think comes in a 15" size but maybe not the right aspect ratio. It is a very competent tyre but expensive like all Michelin's - still you get what you pay for! My son has a set of Michelin Primacy's on his MI16 S2 & they are very grippy tyres which do last longer than 25K!
    Any alloy that is a 4x108 hole pattern (uncommon & so choice reduced) & that is listed to fit of all things a Ford Mondeo will fit the 405! You need to get advice about the offset which is important to adhere to correct specs otherwise handling will be adversely affected.
    As for brakes, upgrading to greenstuff pads is worthwhile - brakes function better & a lot less brakedust is thrown off. Standard pads are quite abrasive. Otherwise you can upgrade the rotors by going to aftermarket slotted ones - others can give you better details of this than I can
    John505

you're right, that link is confusing, ill get through it though!

and yes i was thinking about mostly aftermarket rotors/calipers, the whole shabang, all i need is an approximate price for something decent and functional
    '92 405 mi16

Decent and functional brakes at a good price?

RDA replacement vented rotors are $90 each
    LUCAS brakes pads, $45

LUCAS pads IMO are very underated, have good high temp stability, extremely good bite hot or cold, and are cheap as chips

1991 Peugeot 405 Mi16 sports saloon
    Boge shock absorbers all round
    K&N panel
    FOR SALE: $4800 NEGOTIABLE
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/cars-sale-wanted/32141-sale-1991-405-mi16-s1-5-adelaide.html

Thread Information