gti 180's anyone has same gaps
  • Register
  • Help

No, not as bad as yours, but I used to have a huge gap in between the dashboard, right next to the A/C outlet and the driver side door , so big that my hand can fit through when the door is closed.

Codgamer
    Arden Red 2006 206 GTi 180 (Hong Kong)
    Arden Red 2004 206 GTi 180 (Sydney)
    Diablo Red 2001 206 XT

Wow we finally see the car.

Nice colour!

The gaps are the same as mine though it is hard to tell from the photos whether they are wider or not.

They certainly dont look that bad to me
    05 206 GTI 180
    04 407 ST
    94 306 XT

XTC

Does it really have NOS ? Or is it just a "kill" sticker ?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC

- xTc -
    I was thinking that - I've only driven one car that had NOS fitted. Was a LX torana hatch dirt race car. Had a very worked 202 in it with a 200hp NOS kit. It was great fun until the engine blew up. On a track walk I dug individual cam lobes out of the track!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by XTC

- xTc -
    not yet,, l got a price for this car $3800 cash 100hp but it is big job.this sticker from my other 205gti l use to have nos kit on it then BOOOMM,,,if you see this sticker on road just bip the horn that s ME...

Quote Originally Posted by codgamer
    No, not as bad as yours, but I used to have a huge gap in between the dashboard, right next to the A/C outlet and the driver side door , so big that my hand can fit through when the door is closed.

Codgamer
    both side is same size exactly,, l met DAVE at motorkhana training day his car has a same gap but driver side closer then passenger side.today l went peugeot dealer l ve checked other 206 gti 180 most of them same gap (tail gate) but not is the same as front bumper. l thing factory fault

Quote Originally Posted by dpcgti180
    Wow we finally see the car.

Nice colour!

The gaps are the same as mine though it is hard to tell from the photos whether they are wider or not.

They certainly dont look that bad to me
    if you like it l can send you my photo album my friend not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    not yet,, l got a price for this car $3800 cash 100hp but it is big job.this sticker from my other 205gti l use to have nos kit on it then BOOOMM,,,if you see this sticker on road just bip the horn that s ME...
    If you put the NOS kit on the 180 I reckon it will go BOOOMM too.. Not what I'd be doing to a brand new car myself - but dont let me stop you!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    If you put the NOS kit on the 180 I reckon it will go BOOOMM too.. Not what I'd be doing to a brand new car myself - but dont let me stop you!
    special force pistons has to go in otherwise ofcourse its gonna be BOOMMM.. AGAIN,honestly l dont want to do this car.my project
    1-K&N thypoon kit
    2-full exhausth system
    3-polish wheels
    4-koni suspension kit

l had a bad experience about the NOS l cant do this car

what about a 50shot system thats linked into the fuel supply? no direct injection...

I've never noticed any abnormal gaps on mine, but in saying that I've never gone deliberately looking for them.
    2005 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix
    I've never noticed any abnormal gaps on mine, but in saying that I've never gone deliberately looking for them.
    l m lucky both side is same gap not a different.but som of 180 's big different gaps

hmmmm, NOS... I see.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Nos205gti!

I've got a bit of a gap on the left hand side of the car where the boot closes tnear the rear left handside tail light. However I cannot be bothered taking it back becuase it's not really bothering me. Usually I try to avoid moving orstuffing around with things that close on seals because they tend develop a seating position. So mucking around withit may cause it to develop a leak.

However feel free to hassle your nearest peugeot dealer. After all it may be covered under warranty

Cheers
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Mine has the same gaps at at the hatch. I asked the service dude at Peugeot when I had my 40,000 service done and he told me it was normal. I forgot to look at the 206s at the Motor Show to see how the panels line up when new. I was too busy being upset that mine doesn't have the door lock button next to the hazard lights button, but that's another story.

I just wandered outside to check the front bumper as well... Mine looks the same as yours as well.

Cheers
    Nick
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nick
    Mine has the same gaps at at the hatch. I asked the service dude at Peugeot when I had my 40,000 service done and he told me it was normal. I forgot to look at the 206s at the Motor Show to see how the panels line up when new. I was too busy being upset that mine doesn't have the door lock button next to the hazard lights button, but that's another story.

I just wandered outside to check the front bumper as well... Mine looks the same as yours as well.

Cheers
    Nick
    hi, nick,, l think your car 2004 model is that right? if its 2004 model. this model doesnt come door lock button,next to the hazard lights.also 05 models sides signal lights its clear.most of 180's has gaps but big gaps at tailgate.
    ps:sorry, about my english if you understand l will be happy,bcoz,some member they dont like my english

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    hi, nick,, l think your car 2004 model is that right? if its 2004 model. this model doesnt come door lock button,next to the hazard lights.also 05 models sides signal lights its clear.most of 180's has gaps but big gaps at tailgate.
    ps:sorry, about my english if you understand l will be happy,bcoz,some member they dont like my english
    Yes, mine is an '04 model and my side indicator lights are slightly clouded.

No probs with the english here!
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Thread Information