speakers
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: speakers

Default speakers

does any one know where i can get my hand on some bose speaker for my 206 from anywere in sydeny? thanks in advance..

ed

Advertisement
    2005 206 GTI

Any reason why you specifically want Bose speakers?

You do know the acronym for Bose dont you? Buy Other Sound Equipment

I'm sure Chri's16 should be able to find you a good place in Sydney.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by eddymstewart
    does any one know where i can get my hand on some bose speaker for my 206 from anywere in sydeny? thanks in advance.. ed
    Sorry no, but you can do FAR better than BOSE.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

does any one know where i can get my hand on some bose speaker for my 206 from anywere in sydeny? thanks in advance..

ed

Any reason why you specifically want Bose speakers?

You do know the acronym for Bose dont you? Buy Other Sound Equipment

I'm sure Chri's16 should be able to find you a good place in Sydney.
    As far as I know BOSE does not have aftermarket automotive speakers in australia. They have some OEM systems, such as RX7 SVI did, but they sound like shit....

If you wan't a nice sounding speaker and a fancy name, get FOCAL, its french like your car, sounds cool and for those people who know about stereos will go "ooooh Focal!, nice....." - Chris

ps, BOSE lifestyle home speakers could be adapeted to use in a car, but why bother as they wont last long and the 8ohm rating will not work all that well.
    ... ptui!

Upon recommendation from this site I bought Response speakers from Jaycar. $130 for a pair of 6x9s.

Kevlar cones, awesome bang for your buck. My car sounds great.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

where is focal avaliable from and approx how much r they??? and wat would u suggest as a good set up for the 206 gti?
    2005 206 GTI

i'd say get Boston Audio if you can afford it...

where is focal avaliable from and approx how much r they??? and wat would u suggest as a good set up for the 206 gti?
    Focal range start from about $150 per pair for 4.5" 2ways and continue to climb all the way past $3000++ for top end competition 3-way splits & DB-Drag subwoofers.
    as from theire web site contact>>>>
    " Please feel free to contact us for more information on products or installations.

Eastcoast Distributors Pty Ltd

282 Fairfield St

Fairfield NSW 2165

Phone: 02. 97246070
    Fax: 02. 97284491 " - Chris
    ... ptui!

I would support the purchase of Focal speakers - best speakers I have heard, & I am familiar with Bose, JBL & so on.
    Expensive but worth it. No distortion even at high volume.Bought mine from Gary's Car Audio, Nunawading here in Melbourne.
    John505

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    As far as I know BOSE does not have aftermarket automotive speakers in australia. They have some OEM systems, such as RX7 SVI did, but they sound like shit....

If you wan't a nice sounding speaker and a fancy name, get FOCAL.
    OHHHHHHH focal, hehehehehe

i would recomend you go down and get yourself some synaudio speakers, if you have enough money for them, (if your looking at bose, i should think you do) get yourself into it, the best sound money can buy. no question
    Chris
    the frog family collection-
    -CITROEN-
    xantia exclusive
    bx 19 tri estate
    bx 19 tri 122 hatch
    bx 19tzi hatch
    '74 SM injection
    ax GT <- this one is mine
    -RENAULT-
    megane convertible (soft top)

Quote Originally Posted by NIKOFF
    i would recomend you go down and get yourself some synaudio speakers,
    Nikoff, i think you mean Dynaudio and yes their good, but they dont make co-axials. So our friend ed, will need to pay for custom install in his gti. - Chris

ps, personally i like top end JL audio, or i like to modify house speakers for cars instead. But my comp days are finished.
    ... ptui!

al

Chris, (or anyone that knows what they are talking about) what is the deal with amping speakers? For something like those 4.5'' focals how much power would you need?

Also, i've heard of people just running quality fronts with a sub in the back? The theory behind it makes sense, but would it sound good? If so, (or not) what kind of setup would you recommend for my 205? (i listen to all sorts of stuff)
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Default Hey guys

Hey. 2 days ago i installed a Pioneer deck into my peugeot 206. The way i conected it was actualy simple... I just pushed wires into the peugeot existing plug and clamped them in. Now i have my new deck but can still re-attach my original face at the click of a connecter.

As for co-axle speakers... They are good yes.. But thats rubbish. I have installed 600 watts worth of front componant speakers. tweeters and midwoofers and amp, i have 2x 6" focals in the back and an amp that is powering 2 x 3 by 9's and my 12' sub.

In total i have 6 speakers and sub running. None of which are co-ax except for the connection to my amp. The directions on the peugeot 206GTI homepage where right on the money with the speaker installation.

In any case. Its always best to have good quality front speakers (not nessisarily loud)

good loud back speakers - you dont need loud at the front, you dont want to blow your head off. Just the people in the cars next to you.

Sub in the boot. Facing the boot if it is a hatch. It is proven that the sub works best aiming at the boot door on a hatch.

What i have in my car.. Is a SHIZEN load of sound for a small hatchback with not much air room. But it is also good quality sound. The setup i have was simple and i did it myself in a few hours. Hardest part was replacing the back speakers but it was worth it because the harder the speakers are to get in. The harder they are to pinch. Also all of my speakers subs etc are hidden within the existing speaker mounts and plastic therefore nothing is visable to prying eyes.

If you live in Adelaide and would like some help i would be glad. Honestly i think its a rip off to get professionals to do it. Its a waist of money and they charge a fortune.

Good luck though

Hey PugFunk but no offence unless you strip the interior and add sound deadening matting etc in behind the doors and in the rear speakers at the minimum your stereo will sound pretty "boomy"

I havent done any car audio installs for nearly 5 years or so now but when I used to do them for people in the car club that i was in at the time it would take us at a minimum an entire weekend to strip the interior, run all cables properly (ensuring separation between power, signal & speaker) install sound deadening, mounting amps, subs etc. Eg. in my last car (1992 mitsubishi galant) the board that I had the amp installed on took me in excess of 5 hours to create. This included shaping to fit the spot, routing to hide all cables etc covering with vinyl and then finally creating the acrylic cover to prevent scratches on the amp.

I'm not saying what you havent done isnt great but in my experience the interior really needs to be stripped entirely to do a top notch install. I've also discovered that a car is a compramised place to install a good sounding stereo. That's for home. I spent more on my amp at home than I spent on my entire audio setup in the car. The worst install I ever saw was a cousin who came around for a christmas bash to show me his install.. I was horified to see that he had bare 8 gauge cable twisted together under his dash. Needless to say I offered to re-do it for him

But one day when we have an adelaide run if you come along I'll be happy to check it out
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by al
    Chris, (or anyone that knows what they are talking about) what is the deal with amping speakers? For something like those 4.5'' focals how much power would you need?

Also, i've heard of people just running quality fronts with a sub in the back? The theory behind it makes sense, but would it sound good? If so, (or not) what kind of setup would you recommend for my 205? (i listen to all sorts of stuff)
    Hi al, hows the wheel going?
    A 205 is a rattly little car, and the best thing for it (for car audio) is some sound deadning, unfortunately this adds considerable weight (6-7Kg). So think about that before proceeding.
    I recommed to sound deaden the doors, dash, firewall (what you can get to in the cabin) and some of the roof and the boot floor.
    Then a simple setup of, the a CD/am/fm player with a quality 2ch amp, the biggest speakers you can fit in your front doors (6.5" 2 ways). This simple little set up installed very well in your car will sound like magic, and combined with the sound deadning will do 75% of what you need and still be very light weight.
    You can then upgrade to a small (8" or 10") sub in a sealed box and add another quality amp.(for and extra $500 for reasonble quality)
    Budget about $250 for a do-the-job head unit, $500 for the amp and $150/$200 for quality 6.5" 2-ways. Then you will need about $200-$300 for cabling and a good installation including sound deadning/labour. If not I can send you instructions on how to. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by PugFunk
    you dont want to blow your head off. Just the people in the cars next to you.

Good luck though
    Mate, sorry but your the sort of dum-ass infantile customers I send away. - Chris

ps, your set up will sound poor and boomy (as gti138 said already), that gear installed will sound better & louder when done proffesionally.
    ... ptui!

al

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Hi al, hows the wheel going?
    A 205 is a rattly little car, and the best thing for it (for car audio) is some sound deadning, unfortunately this adds considerable weight (6-7Kg). So think about that before proceeding.
    I recommed to sound deaden the doors, dash, firewall (what you can get to in the cabin) and some of the roof and the boot floor.
    Then a simple setup of, the a CD/am/fm player with a quality 2ch amp, the biggest speakers you can fit in your front doors (6.5" 2 ways). This simple little set up installed very well in your car will sound like magic, and combined with the sound deadning will do 75% of what you need and still be very light weight.
    You can then upgrade to a small (8" or 10") sub in a sealed box and add another quality amp.(for and extra $500 for reasonble quality)
    Budget about $250 for a do-the-job head unit, $500 for the amp and $150/$200 for quality 6.5" 2-ways. Then you will need about $200-$300 for cabling and a good installation including sound deadning/labour. If not I can send you instructions on how to. - Chris
    Thanks chris, that sounds like excellent advice. (the wheel is good too) I'm probably going to pull the headunit out of the Mi16, (if it ever sells) and then work from there. Sound deadening is definately a priority, and i don't mind some weight as heaps is coming out of other areas. (it's already down about 40kg)

I will definately look into this more once the car is being used regularly - there is nothing that shits me more than crap sound quality.
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al
    Thanks chris, that sounds like excellent advice. (the wheel is good too) I'm probably going to pull the headunit out of the Mi16, (if it ever sells) and then work from there. Sound deadening is definately a priority, and i don't mind some weight as heaps is coming out of other areas. (it's already down about 40kg)

I will definately look into this more once the car is being used regularly - there is nothing that shits me more than crap sound quality.
    Good for you man, I must say though you will have your work cut out for you. Pugs in general aren't the best car audio cars to begin with. BUT, a little work and patience will go a lonngg way to making good sound in your car. - Chris

ps, Don't hesitate to ask here mate. You will be suprised how many of us like our mobile sound....
    ... ptui!

Default sound deadening

hehe hey guys. I did put in sound deadening... stuffed up my hands doing it to.. It took a good arvo when i took the back speakers out and replaced them and put in sound deadening.

I used fairly cheap stuff compared to what you can buy... but it works a treat i have to say. I used that liquid sound deadening around delicate parts and strips along areas and then i just packed all the doors the dash etc with a thick kind of foam matt i got at a rubber store.. It stops all the rattleing.. Trust me i hate rattles.. but i dont have any at the moment.

My sound can be a bit 'boomy' at times. i run the subs at the minimum level because it is alot for my car. I understand that. But it works well when i have the boot open when i am listening to sound at say a park. I just lift the hatch and the sound comes blearing out the back with the 3x9s and the subs.

I think i could do with one sub.. however im still not sure what i should do in the pug.. have an open air sub and hang it on the sound shelf or use a closed sub box.

Anybody tried both in there pug? im interested if its best for inclosed sub or open air.

(ps sorry about spelling mistakes im dislexic )

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404
    Upon recommendation from this site I bought Response speakers from Jaycar. $130 for a pair of 6x9s.

Kevlar cones, awesome bang for your buck. My car sounds great.

Dave

Yes they are bang for your buck. but far from great.
    206 GTI180 '05

Thread Information