Any Tracked their 180 GTi?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default Any Tracked their 180 GTi?

    Hey guys,

    Just curious if anyone here has tracked their 180 on the race track on the open day drives before?

    Wakefield or EC?

    I've going for a test drive this afternoon and wanted to get a gauge at how robust the motor is for serious fang session on the track.

    God don't you just hate newbie questions about reliability.......hahhahaha

    Advertisement


    Cheers,
    William.

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    William, there are quite a few people from here who've taken their gti180 onto the track and had heaps of fun. Don't worry, the motor is robust. Just do the usual fluids check etc beforehand and give it plenty! have fun
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! nos205gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rozelle
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA
    Hey guys,

    Just curious if anyone here has tracked their 180 on the race track on the open day drives before?

    Wakefield or EC?

    I've going for a test drive this afternoon and wanted to get a gauge at how robust the motor is for serious fang session on the track.

    God don't you just hate newbie questions about reliability.......hahhahaha

    Cheers,
    William.
    mate, l m ready to go,, you just organise let me know date and time l will be there

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    mate, l m ready to go,, you just organise let me know date and time l will be there
    Might be a while sam - I dont think he's bought the car yet!

    But in all honesty as U Turn said there are quite a few guys who've taken their 180's for a blast around the track. Check out 206gti.net and look at the yahoo group that's attached - I'm pretty sure there are guys who have run around Wakefield park too. Could give you some target laptimes
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  5. #5
    Member minigolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Will is no stranger to track days.

    Good luck with the purchase fella.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! codgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Yeah, have fun and be prepared to buy some new P7000s. After a few corners the tires get warmed and man do they get wasted fast. I see bits of rubber peeling off the edge after my drive day.

    That day took more rubber out of the tires than my drive from Sydney to Alice Springs.

    Codgamer.
    Arden Red 2006 206 GTi 180 (Hong Kong)
    Arden Red 2004 206 GTi 180 (Sydney)
    Diablo Red 2001 206 XT

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Wow thanks for the reply guys, didn't think i'd get any with the server switch.

    Yeh I haven't visited you guys for a while.

    My woman is looking for a new car and that's why I'm shopping around.

    It's a shame the test drives I've had with french cars because the last two were bad examples. I'm not bagging out anything but dam when you hear all the crap then test drive yourself and can tell theres small issues there it got me worried.

    Do you guys find the gear box a tad noisey at low city speeds? Hmm could be the low profile tyres I guess.

    Has anyone here put smaller wheels on their 180?

    Might sound silly specially when the 17"s look so good but driving the 180 I felt it would benefit from smaller wheels.

    Power was great through the 3 gears I redlined it too and the revs are nice and long all the way up to 7Krpm.

    I liked the seats more than I thought I would have after sitting in them previously at the motor shows.

    Had no idea the bugger had so many airbags and small features like auto driving light and wippers are kool and keep it on par with market.

    The sitting of the pedals only took me 5 mins to feel at home with, wasn't an issue at all which again suprised me.

    - - How do you guys find the servicing cost?
    Does anyone know what the 100,000km service cost is or when the first MAJOR is?

    It's amazing the effort they go to just to make sure the exhaust tip is located on the opposite side to the fuel cap (applies to 99% of cars out there so it's not a gripe).

    I'm going for another test drive this wkend with the book keeper so we'll see how it goes.

    The other option atm is the new 2L Civic Sportzz'zcu (heavy jap accent : ))

    I personally think we'd get bored of the civic in about 6 months so have taken it upon myself to find other options. I'd be driving it 40% of the time .

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA
    Has anyone here put smaller wheels on their 180?

    Might sound silly specially when the 17"s look so good but driving the 180 I felt it would benefit from smaller wheels. .
    Yep Clint (206 RC) has put 16" rims on his GTi180 there's a thread around here somewhere... Here are some photos http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/vbp...?do=view&g=313
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Whats available in terms of power upgrade and suspension?

    I feel like an idiot asking these questions cause I use to bag ppl out who were new and didn't know anything about the cars they were asking about HAHAhahhaa.

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA
    Whats available in terms of power upgrade and suspension?

    I feel like an idiot asking these questions cause I use to bag ppl out who were new and didn't know anything about the cars they were asking about HAHAhahhaa.
    Suspension Mods:
    Bilstein, H&R and Eibachs
    Performance:
    Exhausts, Induction kits, Soon to be released ECU updates

    Whether they improve performance is a matter for much conjecture.

    As for the smaller wheels, yes I have 16" wheels as mentioned above. Car handles very nicely with them.
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts rustymunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A galaxy far far away....
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Induction, K&N make a nice kit said to boost the cars Kw by like 5 not much but the sound of the thing absoloutly bellows with high RPM. New cams, fuel injectors, devil exaust system.

    Expensive to do up such a car dude. But boy, I bloody love the thing. If you get one, let me know, I'd be happy if you did so, they are a seriously great car dude.

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    Induction, K&N make a nice kit said to boost the cars Kw by like 5 not much but the sound of the thing absoloutly bellows with high RPM. New cams, fuel injectors, devil exaust system.

    Expensive to do up such a car dude. But boy, I bloody love the thing. If you get one, let me know, I'd be happy if you did so, they are a seriously great car dude.
    Personally I don't believe a 5kw increase from a K&N induction kit.
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! nos205gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rozelle
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    William, there are quite a few people from here who've taken their gti180 onto the track and had heaps of fun. Don't worry, the motor is robust. Just do the usual fluids check etc beforehand and give it plenty! have fun
    hi, uturn,,could you tell me, when they going to track,l cant find it...can you help me l really wants to go track with my both cars 225 megane and 180 thanks

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    hi, uturn,,could you tell me, when they going to track,l cant find it...can you help me l really wants to go track with my both cars 225 megane and 180 thanks
    You should organise one. Book it and they will come.
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts rustymunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A galaxy far far away....
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 206 RC
    Personally I don't believe a 5kw increase from a K&N induction kit.
    Maybe its 3Kw or something I'm not completley sure. Do you know how much yours increases it? How does it make it sound dude?

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    Maybe its 3Kw or something I'm not completley sure. Do you know how much yours increases it? How does it make it sound dude?
    Frankly I don't know, I havent tested it.. but I would be suprised with a 1kw increase... the sound is great, and as I am an audiophile I did it for this reason. I love the Induction Rort...

    Bear in mind that Green Cotton IS the brand Pug used in the WRC, so they are equivalent to K&N etc..
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hmmm you guys have gotten me pretty eager about this car now : ).

    say, I couldn't find any wakefield lap times.

    Do any of you know any that stand out or average lap times?

  18. #18
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    This is from Motor's BFYB's 2005

    Motor mag BFYB results - 2005

    Enjoy.

    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 206 RC
    This is from Motor's BFYB's 2005

    Motor mag BFYB results - 2005

    Enjoy.

    very nice thanks.

    so an ave driver should be able to get in the 1:18's.........

    But with the pugs it'll be more about looks for me......you'd be lap'n it in style ......heheheh great looking car.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hey mate,

    180 is a great car, I have had mine for 6 months and enjoyed every minute of having it.

    Would imagine it would be great on a track.

    As for mods i added a 2.5 inch exhaust to mine and it freed the engine up and at lower rpm the car seamed to perform more.

    I'm not sure if you looking for brand new or second hand but mine is up for sale if your interested. The add is shown below. Would give you a basically new one for alot less than new and no messing round with the asshole dealers.

    http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2891545&cur rent_rec=4&used_rec=3&total_rec=6&sort_type=&total _rec=6&sort_type=&make_id=11&model_id=1480&keyword =GTI%20180&state_id=2&search_distance=25

    Just pm me if you want to have a chat.

    Chris

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris180
    Hey mate,

    180 is a great car, I have had mine for 6 months and enjoyed every minute of having it.

    Would imagine it would be great on a track.

    As for mods i added a 2.5 inch exhaust to mine and it freed the engine up and at lower rpm the car seamed to perform more.

    I'm not sure if you looking for brand new or second hand but mine is up for sale if your interested. The add is shown below. Would give you a basically new one for alot less than new and no messing round with the asshole dealers.

    http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2891545&cur rent_rec=4&used_rec=3&total_rec=6&sort_type=&total _rec=6&sort_type=&make_id=11&model_id=1480&keyword =GTI%20180&state_id=2&search_distance=25

    Just pm me if you want to have a chat.

    Chris

    Cheers mate, thanks for the offer.

    Gosh I almost teared when I read on your add that you bought it for $39K 6 months ago.

    Do you know the built date on yours?

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    35

    Default

    LOL mate i'm still in tears.

    The build date is August 05 and was registered on the 16th or 17th of aug.

    Has been a great car to own. Has been well looked after.

    Any more questions just ask, happy to help.

    Chris

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris180
    LOL mate i'm still in tears.

    The build date is August 05 and was registered on the 16th or 17th of aug.

    Has been a great car to own. Has been well looked after.

    Any more questions just ask, happy to help.

    Chris
    I don't understand why it was so expensive.

    Anyway, can I ask why you are selling it?
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Not sure why so much, was just how much it was then.

    Reason for sale is i want an R43 skyline. Just really like them.

    Chris

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    hey do you guys bring it on when ever you see a clio-cup on the street or another euro hatch ?

    hhehehehhee.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •