Repeller Car Alarms
  • Register
  • Help
    CPR

Icon5 Repeller Car Alarms

Recently my wife and I have discovered our repeller car alarm turns itself on.
    This has not happened before. I understand some alarms these days do this but our alarm was purchased in 1999.
    Last night we removed both batteries from the remote and then locked the car with the key immobiliser, the next morning the red light was flashing on the dashboard. I was wondering if this has happened to someone else and how did they fix the problem. MY wife and I own a Peugeot 1999 XSI 2.0 5 door hatch.

Advertisement

Thankyou for your help in advance

Fellow Frogger!

Car alarms are sensitive things, if the alarm is going off there may be a sensor that needs checking, visually check all the black rubbery switches that turn the interior light on/off, located by the doors, theses can get mostuire in them and cause the alarm to go nuts, also there should another black rubbery thing under the bonnet, check this as well, do you have a microwave sensor, these go out of whack and need adjusting.

If there is nothing obvious you will have to take to an auto elec or car alarm dealer and get them to check it out.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Tadpole

How is it a problem if it turns itself on? I thought that would be a handy feature (whether it is meant to or not!).

Thread Information