peugeot wiring diagrams
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 peugeot wiring diagrams

Hi

In general, I've noticed a lack of schematics/wiring diagrams etc for recent model Peugeots - on the internet and in this forum/site.

Where do people normally get this type of info from?

Is there a recommended book or other source? Do you just figure it out for yourself?

In particular, Im interested in the electrical wiring for a 2000 model Peugeot XT.

Cheers,

Advertisement

Cars are being made for many countries which means variations to wiring looms.

So this means the wiring diagrams we have, usually in Haynes manuals, are fairly generalised and we have to use them as a rough guide ( as we do with most of the Haynes text )

Are we talking about a 306? are you having trouble?

The beauty of this forum is that a AFer can often tell you what to do for a certain problem and save you the hassle of chasing a certain coloured wire that dissappears behind the dash

Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Fellow Frogger!

Default Wiring diagrams

I happen to have factory w/shop manuals on 306,405,406 and 605 that includes pages and pages on wiring diagrams.

Which model are you talking about?
    Steve V6 ..
    404,504Ti, 406SV.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Decca
    Are we talking about a 306? are you having trouble?

The beauty of this forum is that a AFer can often tell you what to do for a certain problem and save you the hassle of chasing a certain coloured wire that dissappears behind the dash
    Decca
    Hi, yeah, its a 2000 model 306 XT.

There is a connector in the front wiper motor compartment (under the bonnet right near the drivers door) with 5 wires. The colours of the wires are different on either side of the connector:

red ---- white or fawn?
    black ---- green/yellow
    blue ---- red
    white ---- yellow
    grey ---- red

I think the wires on the right-hand side go to the wiper motor.

I'm having problems with the wipers in rain-sense mode. They stutter all over the place.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by steve V6
    I happen to have factory w/shop manuals on 306,405,406 and 605 that includes pages and pages on wiring diagrams.

Which model are you talking about?
    Its a 2000 model 306 XT.

Geez, with all those manuals, you must be serious!

Icon6

G'day,
    I'd like to see a diagram of a 2004 206 gti 180, just out of interest.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

If wipers appear ok otherwise then could have a problem with the rain sensor on the windscreen.
    Check windscreen is clean and undamaged above the two light ports in the area above the rear vision mirror

Unfortunatley my haynes manual for the 306 doesnt have any reference to the rain sensor in its schematics.

Decca

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Tadpole

If wipers appear ok otherwise then could have a problem with the rain sensor on the windscreen.
    Check windscreen is clean and undamaged above the two light ports in the area above the rear vision mirror
    It all looks fine on the windscreen. Note when I have the wipers on in rain sense mode, they do wipe the windscreen exactly when they should. So the sensing part appears great - which makes it all the more frustrating.

The problem is when they do wipe, they stutter alot at the ends of the travel - which coincides with heaps of clicking of one of the relays.

Unfortunatley my haynes manual for the 306 doesnt have any reference to the rain sensor in its schematics.
    Decca
    That's a shame. I wanted to check the signals on the wires I mentioned and see if the problem is due to the wiper motor or one of its inputs. It will help to know what each of the wires is for, and I'm guessing atleast one of them comes from the rain sensor. Thanks for looking anyway.

My guess is the five wires are for:
    • one for + power,
    • one for earth,
    • one for external trigger input from the rain sensor,
    • two for mode of operation from the stalk (eg off, intermittent, normal, fast)
    ?

Cheers,
    Michael

Stuttering could be gear trubs in wiper motor or wiper arm bearings. may have to disconnect rods and see arms are moving freely.

Relay clicking could be because motor is getting overloaded by wiper arms, gears etc and a current overload is cutting in?? maybe.

wiper motor connections are ( according to Haynes ) ..
    connector 1 beige. wiper switch which connects to 12v at fuse 24 via connector 7a on fuse box ( for full speed wipe)
    ..... " 2 green yellow. goes to earth
    ..... " 3 red. goes to fuse 24 via connector 5a on fuse box
    ..... " 4 yellow. provides slow wipe speed
    ...... " 5 red. goes to wipe relay connector 5

I think the two red wires are for the wiper parking feature

connector 4 puts 12v into the motor from fuse 24.. but on slow wipe the 12v is fed direct to the motor ( possibly to a smaller field coil to give the slower speed) and on intermittent or rain sense the 12v is fed via the wiper relay

so if wipers run smoothly in slow mode then trubs may be relay cause if I have read this manual correctly... slow and fast wipe are direct 12v feeds

hope this is not confusing

Decca
    Last edited by Decca; 27th February 2006 at 08:17 PM.

Thread Information