few Q about 206gti 180
  • Register
  • Help

Icon4 few Q about 206gti 180

all member l need to ask some qestions about 206 gti 180 l think my car is not normal....
    1-engine is bit shake. when is A/C on loosing too much power and more vibrations on steering wheels and gear knob
    2-tail gate has a big gap
    3-seats adjust handles not working always missing.
    4-also engine bay measument anyone knows the size?
    (offical people they dont know)
    if anyone car has a same think please,let me know l going to be a crazy..
    thanks guys

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    all member l need to ask some qestions about 206 gti 180 l think my car is not normal....
    1-engine is bit shake. when is A/C on loosing too much power and more vibrations on steering wheels and gear knob
    thanks guys
    G'day

1) Are you saying that the engine is vibrating more than it used to? If so this can be many things. Some peopl have experience engine mount failures in the past. As for the A/C, power loss is expected if you switch it on. The extra engine load that A/C places on the engine will be noticable. Then again this could be related to the engine mount.
    2) Did you notice this tail gate gap before? Secondly does it leak in any water? If not I wouldn't mess with it. You might end up making it worse.
    3) Get it fixed under warranty.
    4) Ummmm... why dont you get out the measuring tape and measure the engine if you really need it. Secondly, are you interested in the engine bay size?

Cheers
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    thanks guys
    1. At idle the motor does feel lumpy, you can see it when the bonnet is up. Perhaps this is secondary to the agressive cam profile. As for some power loss when the A/C is on um well thats normal, Somewhere i read that cars loose upto 20HP when the a/c is running. I wouldnt say i have any let alone severe vibrations from the steering or gear nob when the A/C is on.

2. Which gap are you specifically refering to?

3. Seat handles/adjusters are fine on mine

4. Nope, if a 2.3L VTEC fits in it thats got to give you some indication, perhaps its time to get out the tape measure?
    Last edited by WRC180; 21st February 2006 at 08:56 PM.
    04' GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    G'day

1) Are you saying that the engine is vibrating more than it used to? If so this can be many things. Some peopl have experience engine mount failures in the past. As for the A/C, power loss is expected if you switch it on. The extra engine load that A/C places on the engine will be noticable. Then again this could be related to the engine mount.
    2) Did you notice this tail gate gap before? Secondly does it leak in any water? If not I wouldn't mess with it. You might end up making it worse.
    4) Ummmm... why dont you get out the measuring tape and measure the engine if you really need it. Secondly, are you interested in the engine bay size?

Cheers
    i think vibrating is normal everybody has same thing..l m happy to hear that..gap is i was checked all 206 gti 180's big gap some of them, but no water leak, seat will fix next week,why,l m asking engine bay size,passenger side head light no seat 100% you can see the gap bonnet between sidepanel anyway l thing all 180' s same not a big problem thanks for reply my post

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    G'day

Cheers
    i think vibrating is normal everybody has same thing..l m happy to hear that..gap is i was checked all 206 gti 180's big gap some of them, but no water leak, seat will fix next week,why,l m asking engine bay size,passenger side head light no seat 100% you can see the gap bonnet between sidepanel anyway l thing all 180' s same not a big problem thanks for reply my post

Default Things Wrong In My 206

My seat back rest handle doesnt work.. it pisses me off. But it only doesnt work on the drivers side. So people can get in on the passenger side.

Also. Ive installed huge speakers for the front of my car and face unit and when i crank my speakers. or AC. The car does shake a little more. But ive also noticed that it also does that if the clutch is warm i think. After ive been driving in peak hour traffic and traffic jams and have to stop start consistantly i find the wheel and clutch do shake more. I am probably jumping to a conclusion that it is because its a warm clutch but its got something to do with so many stops and starts or running time i feel.

1. Engine idle can be a bit rough sometimes on mine too. It usually calms down after a short drive. For me it's random as to when it happens, ie. it can happen when the engine is cold or hot.

2. There's another thread with pictures about of a gap at the hatch as well as at the front bumper. I have answered in there that it looks much like mine.

3. Have the seat looked at by your dealer, if it's damaged it should be repairable under warranty, unless you damaged it yourself!

4. I'm unsure, I've never seen it written down anywhere to be able to quote for you. As the other guys said, get your tape measure out and go for it!

Nick
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nick
    1. Engine idle can be a bit rough sometimes on mine too. It usually calms down after a short drive. For me it's random as to when it happens, ie. it can happen when the engine is cold or hot.

2. There's another thread with pictures about of a gap at the hatch as well as at the front bumper. I have answered in there that it looks much like mine.

3. Have the seat looked at by your dealer, if it's damaged it should be repairable under warranty, unless you damaged it yourself!

4. I'm unsure, I've never seen it written down anywhere to be able to quote for you. As the other guys said, get your tape measure out and go for it!

Nick
    hi, again..they will fix this tuesday under warranty,also why? l ask engine bay measure,bcoz,l have friend he is panelbeater he is checked my car then he said to me.. sam,,,driver side and passenger side headlights its not fit..passenger side is bit over.then we ve checked.we got the measure passenger side little bit over only 3mm but now is perfect

Fellow Frogger!

My 138 hatch was not ajusted properly dealer fixed in seconds no charge.

Graelin

Thread Information