205 Help!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 Help!

Default 205 Help!

hi there everyone. just having abit of trouble in doing a "pit stop" change of the Heater box in my 205. The damn thing sprung a leak yesterday and needs to be all ready to go to Tassie by this friday. Ive managed to get a replacement box but how the hell do i get the old one out?!! do i have to take out the whole dash or can i slide it out without removing the center consol?? if anyone has a picture of this area i would love to see it as i have not yet managed to get my hands on a manual.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Bad news the whole dash has to come out to access the heater box..do a search on here I think there is an online Haynes manual floating around somewhere
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by OLi205GTi
    hi there everyone. just having abit of trouble in doing a "pit stop" change of the Heater box in my 205. The damn thing sprung a leak yesterday and needs to be all ready to go to Tassie by this friday. Ive managed to get a replacement box but how the hell do i get the old one out?!! do i have to take out the whole dash or can i slide it out without removing the center consol?? if anyone has a picture of this area i would love to see it as i have not yet managed to get my hands on a manual.
    Hi, what exactly is leaking? Is it water coming in from the outside vents or is it coolant from the heat exchanger? Heat exchanger is easy to replace . But to remove the whole heater box.... masive job .
    Where abouts in Tassie are you headed? -Will
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Worked it out in the end. Yeah it was just the radiator that had to come out. not as bad a job as expected. i thought it would need the whole dash out. Phew! Yeah i am studying in Launceston. heading over on the boat on Saturday. What colour is your 205 i may have seen it around?

Thread Information