Second hand 05 GTi 180's on the market
  • Register
  • Help

Default Second hand 05 GTi 180's on the market

Having a search through carsales and carpoint over the last week I found there are 8 2005 GTi180's in Sydney all with similar amount of kms 8 to about 15 clicks on the clock going rather cheaply. 5 are agean blue the others are red, black and silver.

It seems that the owners havent kept there car for very long, are they that unsatisfied with the vehicle, or is there lots of problems with the 05 model? I understand people's circumstances change, but you forecast some of these changes before purchasing.

Advertisement

It seems a shame that all these 180s are flooding the market all at once ordinarily im lucky to see 1 or 2 180s for sale, its only going to drop the price of the car.
    04' GTi 180

By 8 - 15 clicks do you mean 8 - 15 thousand or eight to fifteen?

If they are 8 to 15 thousand then that's a bit supprising - maybe PAA are offloading some of their demonstrators/company cars? If it's 8 - 15 then it's unbelievable!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pug
    Having a search through carsales and carpoint over the last week I found there are 8 2005 GTi180's in Sydney all with similar amount of kms 8 to about 15 clicks on the clock going rather cheaply. 5 are agean blue the others are red, black and silver.

It seems that the owners havent kept there car for very long, are they that unsatisfied with the vehicle, or is there lots of problems with the 05 model? I understand people's circumstances change, but you forecast some of these changes before purchasing.

It seems a shame that all these 180s are flooding the market all at once ordinarily im lucky to see 1 or 2 180s for sale, its only going to drop the price of the car.
    3 things......

1. Peugeot is getting more popular in general, this may explain this somewhat, check how many normal 206GTi's are up for sale in comparison?

2. I have noticed this with Clio Sports, considering the amount sold there seems to be a huge amount on the secondhand market at any time. I can only put this down to people liking the car but not being able to deal with the lack of space or whatever. Perhaps it is people going through a mid life crisis (ala MG or WRX) then realising it is not quite the vehicle for them.

3. Perhaps they have had the obligatory run in with the average French car dealer & have decided to get out earlier rather than later! LOL

Either way, they make great buys for someone after a new car!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    By 8 - 15 clicks do you mean 8 - 15 thousand or eight to fifteen?

If they are 8 to 15 thousand then that's a bit supprising - maybe PAA are offloading some of their demonstrators/company cars? If it's 8 - 15 then it's unbelievable!
    8-15 thousand
    04' GTi 180

Had a bit of a look. 3 of them are '04 models (this makes a difference, lots of people churn their cars after 2 yrs), at least one is a dealer car, and at least one is a double up on both sites. One is even on here (jfn180) and one of the few that are selling to fund a house purchase of some kind.

Apparently there is quite a lot of them out there now, but I still very rarely see them where I'm driving
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Had a bit of a look. 3 of them are '04 models (this makes a difference, lots of people churn their cars after 2 yrs), at least one is a dealer car, and at least one is a double up on both sites. One is even on here (jfn180) and one of the few that are selling to fund a house purchase of some kind.

Apparently there is quite a lot of them out there now, but I still very rarely see them where I'm driving
    Yes your correct 3 are 04 models, again there with low km's as for the black one its not JFN vehicle its chris180 05 180 who's selling up for a skyline, I dont believe JFN hasnt advertised yet.
    04' GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pug
    Yes your correct 3 are 04 models, again there with low km's as for the black one its not JFN vehicle its chris180 05 180 who's selling up for a skyline, I dont believe JFN hasnt advertised yet.
    Actually he is selling his car. Here is the link.

GTI180 for sale

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Actually he is selling his car. Here is the link.

GTI180 for sale

Troy.
    Dont see it on carsales or carpoint
    04' GTi 180

Do you think alot of people rush in to buy and then cant keep up the payments? It would seem this kinda car attract younger buyers in general...could be a factor.

Thread Information