chrome trim replacement on 505 door
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default chrome trim replacement on 505 door

Anyone know the proper way to remove/replace the chrome trim/window seal on the outside of a 505 SR? Its the one along the base of the window where it meets the door panel. Just cant work it out. thanks.

Advertisement

These a bit of pain in the bum to get off. It should pop upwards (held on by the door seam) - being careful not to bend it where it slides into the mirror end. I found out the hard way an attempted to slide it off, thus bending it.

Winding down the window should make the job a little easier to pop it off

Cheers,

Scott

Fellow Frogger!

So it just pulls off upward? Thanks Scott, will give it another go as I also mangled the previous one.

Fellow Frogger!

just in case anyone else has to do this I discovered the best way to remove the trims/seals is to lever the trim away from the plastic clips with a screwdriver from within the door cavity, at the same time levering the trim upwards with another screwdriver. Took me absolutely ages to work this out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chrome trim replacement on 505 door-505-door-trim3-1copy.jpg  

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nisspug
    just in case anyone else has to do this I discovered the best way to remove the trims/seals is to lever the trim away from the plastic clips with a screwdriver from within the door cavity, at the same time levering the trim upwards with another screwdriver. Took me absolutely ages to work this out!
    i was about to say it is much easier to remove the guts from the door first but you already worked that out by the looks of it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Thread Information