Few Q's for Gti180
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Few Q's for Gti180

Hi,

just wanted to ask a few questions for the little pug, and see if anybody can help me.

# the temp shown on the gauge on the right hand side (oil i think) shows quite often around 90-100 degrees, is this fine...of dont i have enough coolant or something

# whats the usual psi for the stock tyres (pirelli 7000: 205,17,40 i think) when they are cold ?

thanks

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rude
    Hi,

just wanted to ask a few questions for the little pug, and see if anybody can help me.

# the temp shown on the gauge on the right hand side (oil i think) shows quite often around 90-100 degrees, is this fine...of dont i have enough coolant or something

# whats the usual psi for the stock tyres (pirelli 7000: 205,17,40 i think) when they are cold ?

thanks
    Yes those temperatures are correct at operating temperature.

I run mine at 35 psi as it seems to make a good comprimise between comfort and tyre wear, if you want a detailed explanation about tyre pressures check out the tyre thread in the technical section.
    04' GTi 180

XTC

Normal, but don't get too worried if it hits 110+ when sitting idol in traffic in the heat, or taking the car for a spirited or extended run.

Keeping the 180 cool was a major problem for Peugeot in the design and testing of the 180. Except for the test cars they (Peugeot) destroyed, never heard of a 180 cooking itself.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Normal, but don't get too worried if it hits 110+ when sitting idol in traffic in the heat, or taking the car for a spirited or extended run.
    - xTc -
    Yeah, same here.........on the freeway, it always climbs to around 100 degrees.

This photo is a shot from Saturday's run.....from what I can see, 120-125 degrees. The main rule is, do not just switch off the engine, let it cool down. A few of us pop the bonnets and run it with the A/C for 5 mins or so. Heat escapes very easily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Few Q's for Gti180-oil-temp.jpg  

Hehe maybe you're not putting your foot down hard enough and there is not enough fuel going into the combustion chamber to cool it down

What was your economy figure again Big man??
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hehe maybe you're not putting your foot down hard enough and there is not enough fuel going into the combustion chamber to cool it down

What was your economy figure again Big man??
    Dash is showing Steady on 7.4L/100km little fella............................

Just remember [email protected] - FIGJAM
    Last edited by Mi16 Man; 20th February 2006 at 01:25 PM.

ROFLMFAO!!!

Good times

Thanks for the shout out!!

OOOOH I want a AF sticker for my beast the look so cool!!
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    OOOOH I want a AF sticker for my beast the look so cool!!
    Didn't you hit XTC up for one when he was in Canberra on the weekend for the GTG?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

XTC

[email protected] ... ACT180 has your new AF sticker. Enjoy.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Confirmed! I have one sticker ready for you Caleb.

I stuck mine on, just need to take a pic.
    Peugeot 206 GTi180 '04-I'm in love!

thanks
    The official figure for tyre pressure is 35. I actually run mine at 37. I still get even wear, the car handles a bit better & the ride doesn't suffer too much.

thanks
    Rude,

I take it by the question you don't have a sticker on the door telling you what pressures to run? Like has been said 35 psi is the official figure.

As for the oil temp, i've had it sitting at 130+ for a long time on a track day and it's quite happy - but that is pretty intense driving though. Once you let it idle for a bit it comes down very quickly. As long as it's not in the red, it's good
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon6

G'day,
    the label in mine says 3 bar for the front and rear.
    Equates to about 14.7 x 3 = 44.1 psi from memory, please tell me if I am wrong.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti
    G'day,
    Mine says 240 kPa (which is 2.4 bar) or 35 psi. This in reality means 34.8 or so, but I guess they rounded up.

For the record, I don't think the factory sticker with 3 * symbols represents 3 bar, but this is an old discussion for some.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Rude,

I take it by the question you don't have a sticker on the door telling you what pressures to run? Like has been said 35 psi is the official figure.

As for the oil temp, i've had it sitting at 130+ for a long time on a track day and it's quite happy - but that is pretty intense driving though. Once you let it idle for a bit it comes down very quickly. As long as it's not in the red, it's good
    SLC206, thanks for that, all i got on the door is 3 friggn stars....i had no idea as to what it meant..but a huge thanks for clearing that up and the temp thing.!!

Icon6

SLC206, thanks for that, all i got on the door is 3 friggn stars....i had no idea as to what it meant..but a huge thanks for clearing that up and the temp thing.!!
    G'day,
    does it also have a ± 0.05 bar reccomendation ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

Fellow Frogger!

Mate,

There should be another tyre pressure placard, located on the door with the correct info in english. My car had it missing from delivery, so I told em about it when it was being serviced. They promptly put on the new tyre pressure sticker on the door and that was that!

BTW if I am not mistaken, a vehicle is considered unroadworthy if it does not have a clearly legibe tyre pressure placard. So you may want to hassle your local dealer for it next time you go for a service.

Cheers
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    Mate,

There should be another tyre pressure placard, located on the door with the correct info in english. My car had it missing from delivery, so I told em about it when it was being serviced. They promptly put on the new tyre pressure sticker on the door and that was that!

BTW if I am not mistaken, a vehicle is considered unroadworthy if it does not have a clearly legible tyre pressure placard. So you may want to hassle your local dealer for it next time you go for a service.

Cheers
    G'day,

quite right… just like motorcycle helmets without the standards sticker are considered 'not approved' even though the original sticker may have come off.
    It seems to be an 'add on' charge [by the police] to boost their quota, but I didn't say that.

If questioned, reply very confidently that the pressure is stated in metric units, which Australia uses, not the outdated imperial units.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

Tadpole

Mate,

BTW if I am not mistaken, a vehicle is considered unroadworthy if it does not have a clearly legibe tyre pressure placard. So you may want to hassle your local dealer for it next time you go for a service.

Cheers
    all i got is a silver sticker with a pic of a car and 3 stars in the front and 3 on the back..i got the +/- 0.5 bar thing, but it doesnt mention anything about psi for the tyres. And thats it, nothing else, no other stickers..so i guess im missing a label huh ?

Yes you are

Your dealer should be able to rectify that if you bring it to their attention. You shouldn't have to do this, but it seems to be a rite of passage for every 180 owner in the country, unfortunately.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I noticed this missing on my car when I first got it. I've got to have asked the dealer to rectify it 4, or 5, times. They keep refusing & telling me it's not required...

I'm getting real sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    I noticed this missing on my car when I first got it. I've got to have asked the dealer to rectify it 4, or 5, times. They keep refusing & telling me it's not required...

I'm getting real sick of it.
    From memory I didn't get any action until I rang the Peugeot Oz enquiries line, and even then had to ring twice to get them to do something

The guy I spoke with couldn't understand why I didn't want to accept his verbal recommendation of 45 psi as gospel. It's all a bit sad really.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

The official pressure is 35psi or 240 kPa. You should be able to order the sticker from the service department. Part No.9653064780

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    From memory I didn't get any action until I rang the Peugeot Oz enquiries line, and even then had to ring twice to get them to do something

The guy I spoke with couldn't understand why I didn't want to accept his verbal recommendation of 45 psi as gospel. It's all a bit sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti
    G'day,
    you right,, my friend for your tyre life 40 inc profile tyres need 40-44 psi.. dont worry about the official shits,they re reconaised 35 psi(dont worry about them)also some other members love the read pug manuals books l m them..turn back to real life guys..since april 05 l mdriving my car,just myself nobody seat my pessengers seats.but pessenger side seats is faulty,they will change all seats.funny ayy...

I've cut you a lot of slack, Sam - but I'm sorry, your post makes no sense to me - except the bit where you called me and a few others nasty names.

Try harder please, it's not necessary to be that way.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information