Melbourne Motor Show
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! nick86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    128

    Default Melbourne Motor Show

    Hey all

    made my way to the motorshow yesterday, had a good chance to check out the pugs of course, aswell as everything else

    finally got to sit in and play with a 206 gti180, and i have to say, what a nice place to be! seats more comfy than i thought, and everything seems so... friendly.

    I was wondering: is it possible to put the gear knob from the 180 into a 405? i would expect all peugeot gear knobs to be the same so i assume it would be, but does anyone know for sure?

    Advertisement


    Another very nice car there was the new citroen C6, very, very pretty. Who needs performance when it looks like that?
    '92 405 mi16

  2. #2
    Member jannear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Did you see the precision driver in the 307's?!

    That guy is nuts. Just goes to show how the 307 can really handle with a locked diff, abs disabled and a piece of sticky tape on the handbrake.

    I wasn't overly impressed with the 180. Was a bit small and I felt a bit squashed by the interior, even though Im not exactly a large build. Theres no doubt it'd have to be one of the hottest hatches around though and I have no doubts about its handling and performance.

    I really liked the XR5 and will be eagerly awaiting a test drive in April this year. In the same price range obviously is the Golf GTi. The orange colour is awesome and the wheels set it off nicely also.
    Last edited by psy; 19th February 2006 at 04:31 PM.
    2001 306 RALLYE

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! nick86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    Did you see the precision driver in the 307's?!

    That guy is nuts. Just goes to show how the 307 can really handle with a locked diff, abs disabled and a piece of sticky tape on the handbrake.

    I wasn't overly impressed with the 180. Was a bit small and I felt a bit squashed by the interior, even though Im not exactly a large build. Theres no doubt it'd have to be one of the hottest hatches around though and I have no doubts about its handling and performance.

    I really liked the XR5 and will be eagerly awaiting a test drive in April this year. In the same price range obviously is the Golf GTi. The orange colour is awesome and the wheels set it off nicely also.
    i saw him last year, missed him this year though and yes, he is quite insane, i have photos of the underside of a gti180 driven on two wheels, kinda cool.

    and yes, the 180 wasnt exactly spacious, i heard many people saying "i cant drive it, im too big" which is true, im 5'7" and i found it smallish, but in the right way, almost cosy

    as for the XR5, its meant to be called the focus ST, thats what it is in europe, but i spose they wanted it to fit in, love that orange colour too, looks great, the wheels and brakes let it down though meant to be an excellent car, lots of fun
    '92 405 mi16

  4. #4
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    I wasn't overly impressed with the 180. Was a bit small and I felt a bit squashed by the interior, even though Im not exactly a large build. Theres no doubt it'd have to be one of the hottest hatches around though and I have no doubts about its handling and performance.
    If you feel squashed in a 180, try sitting in a Clio. Coming from a 206 I feel claustrophobic in one of those. I can't explain it

    Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    I really liked the XR5 and will be eagerly awaiting a test drive in April this year. In the same price range obviously is the Golf GTi. The orange colour is awesome and the wheels set it off nicely also.
    $35,990 for the Focus XR5
    $39,990 for the Golf GTI

    I wonder if VeeDub will drop the price so that it is in the same price range
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    $35,990 for the Focus XR5
    $39,990 for the Golf GTI

    I wonder if VeeDub will drop the price so that it is in the same price range
    And if they do that, what will Peugeot/Citroen do with the pricing of their $36990 307 Sport/C4 VTS warm hatches?

    Troy.

  6. #6
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    Did you see the precision driver in the 307's?!

    That guy is nuts. Just goes to show how the 307 can really handle with a locked diff, abs disabled and a piece of sticky tape on the handbrake.

    I wasn't overly impressed with the 180. Was a bit small and I felt a bit squashed by the interior, even though Im not exactly a large build. Theres no doubt it'd have to be one of the hottest hatches around though and I have no doubts about its handling and performance.

    I really liked the XR5 and will be eagerly awaiting a test drive in April this year. In the same price range obviously is the Golf GTi. The orange colour is awesome and the wheels set it off nicely also.
    The locked diff was only in the one used for the up on two wheels driving.
    Not insane just very very precise and accurate.
    Graham

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts dino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    The precision driving was phenomenal, especially the very very tight parallel park...about a foot 2 spare total....had a quick chat with the gentleman (rs), mainly praise and a very solid handshake...nice bloke...was glad to have experienced it....here are a couple pics (my sisters work)


    cheers


    dino
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Melbourne Motor Show-2-through-two.jpg   Melbourne Motor Show-2easy.jpg   Melbourne Motor Show-4plusdude-boot.jpg  
    Last edited by dino; 19th February 2006 at 11:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Member jannear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dino
    The precision driving was phenomenal, especially the very very tight parallel park...about a foot 2 spare total....had a quick chat with the gentleman (rs), mainly praise and a very solid handshake...nice bloke...was glad to have experienced it....here are a couple pics (my sisters work)


    cheers


    dino
    Love the pics! Our view wasn't that great so was a bit hard to get any photos etc.
    2001 306 RALLYE

  9. #9
    Sense Pug307's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick86
    as for the XR5, its meant to be called the focus ST, thats what it is in europe, but i spose they wanted it to fit in, love that orange colour too, looks great, the wheels and brakes let it down though meant to be an excellent car, lots of fun
    What's wrong with the brakes?

    Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

  10. #10
    Member Chutneypug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51

    Default

    what did people think of the 407 coupe in the flesh??

  11. #11
    Member jannear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chutneypug
    what did people think of the 407 coupe in the flesh??
    If I had the money spare I'd buy one. Sadly Im broke.
    2001 306 RALLYE

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chutneypug
    what did people think of the 407 coupe in the flesh??
    Very dissapointing, i'd seen pics of the car but didnt want to judge it until i saw it in the flesh. Its basically an obese 406 coupe with all the fat covering the pinafarina lines it use to have. Really dissapointed in this, it wont have the 'WOW thats beautiful i'd trade my daughter in for that car' appeal that the 406 coupe has.

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts dino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    No, unfortunately the 407 is not quite right...proportions are definitely not right...front is to narrow for length and hight.....Trust me this has nothing to do with taste......406 was beautifully balanced/proportinal and hence why many find it so appealing...just like in nature....unfortunately the 407 genepool is lacking in this regard.....but it was in good company this year.
    Just look at the maserati pictured.....lights were completely wrong (hyundai could do better these days).....and did you guys catch the back of the Jag coupe end....again, lights looked like they were done by hyndai from a few years ago.....

    Is it just me or are cars getting uglier and uglier.....

    C2 was still one of the "nicest"...C6 is stunning (still not impressed with rear light cluster)...clios were and still look good....golf gti is still conservative which is cool (loved the instrument cluster)....


    cheers

    dino

    I swear I could hear my sony crying as we walked past the proton stand....ughhhh...shivvverrrs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Melbourne Motor Show-mr-fugly.jpg  
    Last edited by dino; 21st February 2006 at 03:53 PM.

  14. #14
    Member Chutneypug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51

    Default

    i don't mind it.

    even if it doesn't come close to the 406 coupe, but how many cars do??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •