Swift Gti
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Swift Gti

Default Swift Gti

Best mat bought a MK1 swift gti jesterday, has filter and aftermarket cam, where the hell do i get an aftermarket cam for a 205gti, its a bit embarassing that a 1.3 litre suzuki motor is pulling away from my car
    cheers

Advertisement

Isnt the stock swift GTi quicker in a straight line then the 205 GTi regardless?

GTi Hatchback 3dr Man 5sp 1.9i 1989

Power 88kW @ 6000rpm
    Torque 153Nm @ 3800rpm
    Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.5 secs
    Kerb Weight 875kg

GTi Hatchback 3dr Man 5sp 1.3i 1989
    74kW @ 6600rpm
    113Nm @ 5500rpm
    Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.2 secs
    Kerb Weight 750kg
    04' GTi 180

Fellow Frogger!

Make the 405ers mad and steal a 16 valve!
    '96 Peugeot 405 SRDT Station Wagon

'71 Peugeot 504 GL - gone

'91 Peugeot 205si - gone

Quote Originally Posted by Felix205GTi
    Best mat bought a MK1 swift gti jesterday, has filter and aftermarket cam, where the hell do i get an aftermarket cam for a 205gti, its a bit embarassing that a 1.3 litre suzuki motor is pulling away from my car
    cheers
    Mix some grinding paste with some motor oil and put it in his rocker cover. That'll slow him down!

Seriously, a Mk 1? Two things going for them. Great little engine and light weight. For God's sake tell him to avoid ANY corners and not to hit anything. I think they were sponsored by Comalco...

Mk 2's were a little heavier (and were still twitchy in their handling) but were a much nicer little car. And they were the start of the 'foglights on at all times' revolution

Most GTI's have been thrashed and their reliability would have to be questionable. We are talking about a 20 year old budget car here. I hope your mate got a good one

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pug
    Isnt the stock swift GTi quicker in a straight line then the 205 GTi regardless?

GTi Hatchback 3dr Man 5sp 1.9i 1989

Power 88kW @ 6000rpm
    Torque 153Nm @ 3800rpm
    Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.5 secs
    Kerb Weight 875kg

GTi Hatchback 3dr Man 5sp 1.3i 1989
    74kW @ 6600rpm
    113Nm @ 5500rpm
    Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.2 secs
    Kerb Weight 750kg
    nah im talking the MK1 gti, the one that was similarly styled to the 205, but it has a 92 GTi engine in it today we found out as we decided to register it in adealide and had some issues getting paperwork for the engine conversion,

nah im talking the MK1 gti, the one that was similarly styled to the 205, but it has a 92 GTi engine in it today we found out as we decided to register it in adealide and had some issues getting paperwork for the engine conversion,

wouldn't have thought it was an engine conversion, as it is the same engine, not increasing capacity or anything. You could just try telling regency that the original engine shat itself and it is a replacement engine from a wrecker?
    1991 Peugeot 405 Mi16 sports saloon
    Boge shock absorbers all round
    K&N panel
    FOR SALE: $4800 NEGOTIABLE
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/cars-sale-wanted/32141-sale-1991-405-mi16-s1-5-adelaide.html

Swift GTi's are utterly reliable. I've seen many with over 220,000km on the original engine still going strong. The weakest link in their chain was the gearbox synchros but this is no problems for a sympathetic driver. The body shells are super light & super prone to dings, but the chassis are very strong.

I'm sure someone would be able to help you with aftermarket cams for your 205. A k&n panel should be easy to find & a pod wouldnt be hard either. A good perfomance shop could even help you fabricate a custom cold air feed. You could also consider some custom exhaust work. The Swift always had more top end than the 205 and its lighter weight made it a more accelerative proposition. Just remember that when it comes to chassis dynamics - you're at the top of the tree : )
    Black Peugeot 306 GTi6, Sydney Australia
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sydvr6

cheers
    Speak to PeterT on here (and do a search for 205 posts by him) for all your 205 power up needs. He offers an aftermarket cam for the 16V motor.

----

I wouldn't be too embarassed being beaten by a swift gti that's been worked. They are afterall less than 800 kg and have decent engines. I also wouldn't discount them in the corners. It's apparently quite easy to make them handle well. Tekkie from here has one, and I think he's done the suspension on it. I'm pretty sure it does 52 second laps around Oran pk..faster than the race prepped 205's I'm *pretty sure*.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

ahahahah makes me want to cry

Thread Information