How many people is AUS have a 605?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default How many people is AUS have a 605?

as the tilte says. My old man has one in mint condition. Dont see too many around. Just curious.

Advertisement
    Peugeot 405 sri 94' everyday. Commodore once a month.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2213367

I blown eh? Funnily enough there's talk about the merits of the 605 over on the thread about FWD cars sucking

Small world
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

I've seen one around Castle Hill with RR plates!

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

I guess it doesn't matter how many things you throw on it or how much money you spend, it's still an old Buick OHV with cast iron heads from the early 70s.

I wonder how much oil leaks from the main rear seal????

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

sorry , about this but this is not holden circus.. this is french cars forum.its dosent metter how much u spend on ur car.l think you should finish ur project. car look like a holden circus.. seats are bucket,auto,standard steering wheels,standart back seats,engine look like a backyard job.my personal things l want to see pugs,reno or cit modifications not a holden or ford etc.just goodluck ur project.
    PS : dont spend to much money for that car get WRX my99 cheaper mods.

DRIVE PEUGEOT BE A LEGEND

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    I've seen one around Castle Hill with RR plates!
    That would be Robert Rigg's, the guy with the 205 GTi motorkhana car.
    Graham

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBLOWN
    as the tilte says. My old man has one in mint condition. Dont see too many around. Just curious.
    48 officially imported. 8 to NSW, although I understand Robert's 605 is from Qld - and in superb condition. Then there are a couple of privately imported models, including my platinum silver SVE.

Patrick
    605SVE

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    That would be Robert Rigg's, the guy with the 205 GTi motorkhana car.
    Graham

that be my old man! RR number plates.

ahh 48 imported. more than i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404
    I guess it doesn't matter how many things you throw on it or how much money you spend, it's still an old Buick OHV with cast iron heads from the early 70s.

I wonder how much oil leaks from the main rear seal????

Dave

Whats the deal with that! i never said anything bad about pugs! i love them aswell. ive grown up with them my whole life, and still have one now, wouldnt have any other car for an everydayer. dont start criticizing a car you know nothing about (obviously from your comment above). nos205gti, when did i talk about my commodore? im here to learn more about my 405. if you dont like my avitar DONT FRIGGIN LOOK AT IT! look, we could argue for a week, and my commodore would still make your pug look like clown shoes. so get over it and get back to peugeot.
    p.s why dont you be a man and actually get nos, so it can match your user name.

Yeah the 605's sure are a pretty rare sight out on the roads - I havent seen one for ages! From all accounts they are one mighty nice car though, wouldnd mind owning one some day!

BTW Nice looking Commodore!

Stalled
    Last edited by STALLED; 18th February 2006 at 03:18 PM.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Thank you stalled. Maybe you can own one soon, as my old man is tossing up wether to sell it or not. I would love to own it. Gorgeous to drive!

Fellow Frogger!

hey IBLOWN why not be different and do some serious performance mods on a pug instead, I know a guy here in adelaide is doing up a 505, he's dropped in a fully worked pug V6(not sure if it's blown), modified BA-10 g/box and a heavy duty diff , if i remember right this engine puts out more than 400bhp!

Whats the deal with that! i never said anything bad about pugs! i love them aswell. ive grown up with them my whole life, and still have one now, wouldnt have any other car for an everydayer. dont start criticizing a car you know nothing about (obviously from your comment above). nos205gti, when did i talk about my commodore? im here to learn more about my 405. if you dont like my avitar DONT FRIGGIN LOOK AT IT! look, we could argue for a week, and my commodore would still make your pug look like clown shoes. so get over it and get back to peugeot.
    get used to it, this forum is full of people who can't get past the fact that the french are thr only people in the world who can make a good car. Many members have come and gone who have been shuned for driving anything else but a ffrench car... it's fine by me if the general populace here wants to be closed minded and drive away anyone whos not intrested in anything but french cars, but in reality it's to there own detrement, and nobodies loss but there own

im all for a bit of holden bashin, but man this guy didnt deserve any.

Cyber bashin is mad fun, but only when its called for

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    get used to it, this forum is full of people who can't get past the fact that the french are thr only people in the world who can make a good car. Many members have come and gone who have been shuned for driving anything else but a ffrench car... it's fine by me if the general populace here wants to be closed minded and drive away anyone whos not intrested in anything but french cars, but in reality it's to there own detrement, and nobodies loss but there own

LOL. it doesnt worry me. it seems to worry those other two... my family and i have always had pugs and renaults. Thats why i now own a holden.
    P.S the french USED to make good cars. The quality has gone down the drain these days... But i still love them, and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by raver
    hey IBLOWN why not be different and do some serious performance mods on a pug instead, I know a guy here in adelaide is doing up a 505, he's dropped in a fully worked pug V6(not sure if it's blown), modified BA-10 g/box and a heavy duty diff , if i remember right this engine puts out more than 400bhp!

that would fly! i still would like to put something mean in a 504!

+1 for the 605s. A few of the guys in the PCCV also have one or two

-- DJ

why, lget NOS kit system on my car, because, l like to kickass all holdens and fords but now l have megane 225 turbo much easier.
    PS:my avatar its not my car..if you want to see my car l will show u on corners with my 180.. if you need strait line with my megane225 those the car not a backyard job rebulit commodore.. next time if you wants to talk about pugs 405-605 tec all model l will do like this for you

why, l get NOS kit system on my car, because, l like to kickass all holdens and fords but now l have megane 225 turbo much easier.
    PS:my avatar its not my car..if you want to see my car l will show u on corners with my 180.. if you need strait line with my megane225 those the car not a backyard job rebulit commodore.. next time if you wants to talk about pugs 405-605 tec all model l will do like this for you

LOL. it doesnt worry me. it seems to worry those other two... my family and i have always had pugs and renaults. Thats why i now own a holden.
    P.S the french USED to make good cars. The quality has gone down the drain these days... But i still love them, and always will.
    Careful....that is the sort of thing that will get you into trouble.
    Car quality as a whole has gone backwards in my opinion and that's just what it would be, an opinion. Which I am certain is what you mean by your comment too.
    You have to look at it relatively, Hyundai, Kia & Daewoo dragged the whole quality level down a peg or three when they started making cars. All the established makers dropped their lowest level to be able to compete price wise, just cheap cars in a cheap market sector. I don't think the overall quality of the Pug/Ren/Cit has dropped too much compared to the opposition at all although I havent had too much to do with many other makes except Hyundai(and they are woeful to say the least) and Toyota. (Echo and Camry)

IBLOWN, if you want to keep the peace I suggest you add what type of Pug you have to your sig so all can see you bat for the right team so to speak
    Orestes, I don't think your outburst helped, this thread will be locked before long too.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    why, l get NOS kit system on my car, because, l like to kickass all holdens and fords but now l have megane 225 turbo much easier.
    13 sec megane???? Drugs are bad....^^^^^

Anyhoo, thanks to all you SERIOUS members for your input on my original question (ive forgotten what it was about now! ).

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Careful....that is the sort of thing that will get you into trouble.
    Car quality as a whole has gone backwards in my opinion and that's just what it would be, an opinion. Which I am certain is what you mean by your comment too.
    You have to look at it relatively, Hyundai, Kia & Daewoo dragged the whole quality level down a peg or three when they started making cars. All the established makers dropped their lowest level to be able to compete price wise, just cheap cars in a cheap market sector. I don't think the overall quality of the Pug/Ren/Cit has dropped too much compared to the opposition at all although I havent had too much to do with many other makes except Hyundai(and they are woeful to say the least) and Toyota. (Echo and Camry)

IBLOWN, if you want to keep the peace I suggest you add what type of Pug you have to your sig so all can see you bat for the right team so to speak
    Orestes, I don't think your outburst helped, this thread will be locked before long too.
    i don't think the general outbursts against any car thats not french will help any either. I mearly stated the facts of this forum, if you want to take offense by me stating the truth then you're more then welcome to...

by the way, no threads got locked, but I took it upon myself to self moderate a few dickheads that decided to post in my thread
    Last edited by orestes; 18th February 2006 at 08:49 PM.

IBLOWN, don't worry about Nos. We are always hearing how his car goes good stock @ 70,000rpm in reverse.

As for the 605's, I've only ever seen one and that was Blue605sv's car. Av very nice car, I think of them as a big 405. It would be nice to own one, a very rare and exotic piece to have in your collection. I tend to agree with build quality slipping in newer pugs. 405 rattle's, 406 door trims, 206 electrics...etc. These faults don't make them a 'bad' car. However 504's and 505's were nice and simple .
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Fellow Frogger!

Move to New Zealand and pick up a 605 for $3000, quite possibly less. We even have the odd twin cam SV24 floating about. Plus you'll be able to have 160hp Mi16's, 130hp 205's, 505 V6's and 309 GTi's sitting your drives.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    Move to New Zealand and pick up a 605 for $3000, quite possibly less. We even have the odd twin cam SV24 floating about. Plus you'll be able to have 160hp Mi16's, 130hp 205's, 505 V6's and 309 GTi's sitting your drives.
    The SVE24 is my dream car. If today's lotto numbers have come up in my favour, I'll be collecting one in NZ or the UK. Preferably a 1999 model that's unused, and I'll buy it even if it's not for sale. UK would be easier - ship it back to the factory for a complete stripdown and rebuilt, then fly it home.

For now I'm content though.

Patrick
    605SVE (Platinum Silver)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information