Jealous Pug
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Jealous Pug

Default Jealous Pug

Hey,

Crazy question, but you know these sensitive French cars; Has anyone else experienced their Pug being jealous of another car?
    Since I got my 205 GTi about a month back, the Pug 206 has been acting up.
    - First it got a slow puncture (on purpose?)
    - Then the contact part of the rear wiper blade fell off
    - Then I got the 'peugeot blue screen of death' (Pollution warning fault)
    - Now its being a bit funny in reverse, almost wanting to stall

Advertisement

It's had a service this week and a reallly good clean last weekend. It just seems to resent the new addition to Pug family.
    Nissan Dualis
    Graphite '89 205 GTi

Well, what you need to do it get the wrench and give the 206 a good ol' smack on the roof.

That'l teach its jealous arse a bloody lesson.

i'm really sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but...

Your car is possessed!

if it's vindictively picking up punctures all on it's own then it's only a matter of time until your flywheel starts projectile vomiting as it spins.

the only solution is to start filling up the window-washer-bottle with holy water and start tuning into the religous hour on the AM dial - and beleive.

You could also try parking near cross-roads

Your 206 may hate you to start with but as you exercise the beast it will come to realise that what you're doing hurts you more than it hurts the car...
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Not the first time for me. Went checking out some gti6 with my mi16, first the cam bear bearing retainer snaps off another time is the alternator dead (but found out it is the electrician fault, bad workmanship grrr...)

Default Jealousy is a curse

The week before I was due to pick up the 180 the rearview mirror in the 138 decided it wanted to part company with the windscreen.
    Prior to getting the 180 I had absolutely no problems at all with the 138. Angry maybe because he was being replaced by something newer and quicker.

Cars have a way of knowing these sort of things
    2001 Platinum Silver 206Gti
    2005 Aegean Blue 206Gti180

Fellow Frogger!

My uncle got a new car and went to shift his 205 so the new one could take pride off place in the garage and the 205 refused to start and still cannot find out why it won't start...
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Drove to the dealsership in my dads car. Drove back in the 180 and all my friends started shouting at me. Before this all my mates loved me.

Bloody possesed Jealous bastards.

Ahh HUH! I knew it was not just me.

I had a good talk to the 206 and let her know that yes, the 205 is newer in the family but that the 205 was actually a lot older than her.
    I also let the 206 know that she was top of my list in my Froggy forum signaature, although I did not tell her about the last post (heaven forbid)

okay, I sound crazy now
    Nissan Dualis
    Graphite '89 205 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

Default Jealous pug

Seems to me you only have two options.
    1, get a LOT more french cars, then they will appreciate being part of a large passionate family.
    2, get a Renault, a bit like putting a donkey (not that the Renault is mule like, simply strong, hardworking, obedient and lovable) in the bull paddock, settles the arguments, and the Pugs will learn that they have to behave or else you will become more attached to the Renault and they will be left out to look after themselves.

cdt
    Fellow Frogger!

Default it happend to me

This is my first post and i felt compelled to tell my story since i thought i was the only one that went through such an event, well, I was wrong, here goes:-

I had a VW Golf 2.0 Generation Edition, in Australia its called sports edition (As per VW website) which is pretty much like the GTI but the engine is a 2.0
    The car stayed with me until Feb 2006 when I soled it and bought the new 307 Automatic 1.6 Petrol Peugeot.

The VW produced 115HP which is not much compared to other cars but it was a good runner, i started feeling something was not right when I first had the "Intention" to sell it and get a newer car, I had the car fitted with Toyo open speed tiers around end of 2004, and did all the checkups at the VW dealer workshop, but when I really started looking for a buyer troubles started.

The CD changer I had it installed in it didn't work properly and started acting up, turning the volume up instantly and then gets so low that even if you press the volume up button to the max it just wont work.

Then my right hand passenger window started making grinding noises when you open or close it to the point that I stopped using it.

Then the throttle started acting up, it used to fix the RPM on 3000 and never lets go of it until I turn the car off and then on again.

The battery I had was a new one and even that didn't help me get the car started almost every couple of days, it just feels so stubborn and it doesn't want to start up.

Well eventually I sold it to a friend of mine and what happened to him later on made me really afraid of that car.

After 2 days selling it he reported the temperature gauge spiking up to the max, he had it checked and nothing seems to be wrong with it.

After 4 days of that one of the tires I installed got Literally peeled piece by piece while he was doing only 80Km/hr (Its an open speed tire and still in a very good condition).

He uses the spare tire and goes by his daily life when after 2 days of that the other tire blows and eventually he had top replace all four thinking something could be wrong with Toyo tires.

The car acts up again with him and he admits it to a check up by the dealer after 3 weeks of owning that car, the dealer informs him that there is an oil leak, a coolant water leak and a heat sensor should be replaced and the right hand passenger window mechanism should be also replaced, he does all the work done and drives the car back home.

Just two days ago he calls me asking if I know a good mechanic other than the dealer so I asked him why, he tells me that after he was driving home at night and on a fairly dark road, out of the blue a dog jumps in front of his car and he hit it so hard he heard the bones crack underneath the wheels, he keeps driving until reaching home, he found out that he lower lip was torn and the radiator had moved a couple of centimeters from its place and that oil was leaking from the oil pan.

i donít know how to say it but it made me believe that something is just not right, I don't know how to describe it, but if I pass in front of the workshop where it is now and happen to glimpse it I feel it hating me for selling it to someone else as if emptiness is living in it.

Thread Information