Speedo cablwe help needed!! Mi16x4
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Speedo cablwe help needed!! Mi16x4

Hi all, I'd like to renew my speedo cable couse the old one is broken but..
    I can't find where it goes to gearbox in Mi16x4.I've read Haynes manual but there is no info about it.
    Please help me couse police in Poland is looking for fast drivers

P.S. I know that there is Manual for Mi16 ( 405 Mi16 Engine Check ... ) does anyone have it?

Advertisement
    Hi @ll, regards
    Tomek

It goes into the top of the transfer box. The driven cable gear often strips a few teeth. They're still available, but expensive at approx. AUS$250 each.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

As Peter says the speedo cable inserts into top of transaxle casing best felt by running your fingers down firewall side of engine just below l/hand edge of exhaust manifold. You need to undo 10mm holding bolt & remove the plastic/metal assembly. I had an intermittent speedo action which I could not figure out the cause of until I looked very closely at the little nylon gear teeth - they were worn away in one spot. A replacement from a wrecker fixed the problem!
    Getting the speedo cable through the firewall & past the usual conglomeration of hoses/wires/pipes to the location of the back of the instrument cluster can be a bastard of a job - but it is helped by tying a long enough piece of electric cabling to the speedo end of the cable & having a mate feed it through the firewall hole whilst you sit in driver's seat, instrument cluster removed, with a torch & that wonderful tool - the long flexible metal gripper - ready to snare it & pull it through!
    Best of luck!
    John505

Thanks a lot I'll try to fix this now
    I'll be back in few hours so I tell you what was done with my car

Regards
    Hi @ll, regards
    Tomek

Quote Originally Posted by qubix
    P.S. I know that there is Manual for Mi16 ( 405 Mi16 Engine Check ... ) does anyone have it?
    yes, and Mi16x4

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    It goes into the top of the transfer box. The driven cable gear often strips a few teeth. They're still available, but expensive at approx. AUS$250 each.
    Thanks to your advice I found the place where it goes. I must to buy the new sensor which is going ito the transfer box. Here in Poland it costs 80 PLN (34,27 AUD$ - much cheaper than in Australia- anybody want? I can send ) for a speedo cable with sensor. Beetween two parts of cable is something for a differencial i think ( couse it is 4wd car) which is responsible for it.
    Hi @ll, regards
    Tomek

Thread Information