how do i change my headlights from right to left hand drive
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default how do i change my headlights from right to left hand drive

Hi all, does anyone know how to change my headlights from Right to Left hand drive. I have been told by a garage that that he can do it without changing the headlights for new ones and without sticking a deflector on the glass. Can anyone tell me how to do this? regards Alan

Advertisement

Suggest in most cases you will have to buy secondhand from country type you wish to convert to.

Of course knowing what sort of vehicle your talking about would make a huge difference to the answer to this question.

My old 403 was adjustable for same but think they stopped doing that a long time ago.

ed ge

2003 C5 2.0i AL4 205,000 km 76372389

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Yes, there are stickers that you put over the headlights. I did it travelling the other way, from UK to France. Get them from any Auto parts shop.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Yes, there are stickers that you put over the headlights. I did it travelling the other way, from UK to France. Get them from any Auto parts shop.
    I don't understand and am obviously missing something. What have headlights got to do with the car being left or right hand drive?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

The dipped (low beam) has to point in the direction of the kerb - if you drive on the wrong side of the road your dipped beam will be pointing at the cars coming towards you - not ideal, for you or them.

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith
    The dipped (low beam) has to point in the direction of the kerb - if you drive on the wrong side of the road your dipped beam will be pointing at the cars coming towards you - not ideal, for you or them.

Paul
    The dipped/low beam is just the normal headlights right? As opposed to high beam.. I didn't even know normal headlights point towards the kerb, I've always thought they point straight ahead! Geez..you really do learn something new everyday.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

No, it has alot to do with the refractors on the lens of the headlight. When you cover up certain ones you stop the llight being directed to oncoming traffic on the wrong side of road as to what your car is set up for.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Pointing the headlights at a wall will clearly show that the beams are aimed away from oncoming traffic, towards the kerb.
    It's also an easy way to experiment with sticky tape.

Icon7

Mine point at the possums.

Matt.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Default Headlights..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith

Paul
    The lack of this dipping feature is the reason why it is, or should be, illegal to use your driving/fog lights in built up areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Mine point at the possums.
    Lucky you !
    All we have here is crows and bats.

My trusty 504 failed a safety inspection on headlight pattern - I was told the headlights were for LHD (we are RHD in NZ). The tester was one of those whinging types from a land in the northern hemisphere (ok, we breed whingers too..). I explained that the car had been manufactured in NZ 30 years ago and passing tests ever since - no joy, I either had to sandblast the lenses or put masking tape on them.

After I'd calmed down I realised the error - I had recently fitted halogen bulbs and set the adjustable bulb holders aligned for LHD pattern....

If your Peugeot is an older model the headlight beam may be adjustable like mine - there is a plastic tab that can be moved to rotate the bulb.

Thread Information