Non french car workshops and french cars
  • Register
  • Help

Default Non french car workshops and french cars

Bloody typical. Here is a story for you, Alan you will love this one:

A guy came and took at look at the Mi16 on Saturday, drove it and loved it as much as I do. He wanted the 'Family mechanic' to look over the car today.

He picked up a list as long as my arm of faults with the car *neither I nor my local French Car Expert could pick 95% of them*, he told the guy he would be much better looking at something else as the poojoes cost a fortune to keep on the road....infact he told them my car which I have looked after like a child needed a heap of money spending straight away!!!!

They pick the cars apart as though they are new scaring off any potential buyers, as I said to the mechanic when I picked the car up after work *it's 17 years old and I want $6000, it's a 1989 405 not a 2006 407*

As I said....BLOODY TYPICAL!

Oh well his loss.......it's a bloody nice car!

Ben

Advertisement
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

al

I feel for you mate... I had the same thing happen, although mine was actually funny.

The guy/****** took it to his "mate", who found all these small problems. When i got the list i was actually concerned that my car was f*cked, until i got to "requires new power steering belt". As it had been replaced less than 24 hours before, i was kinda suprised. I went through the rest of the list and it was all shit too...

Anyway, i think when the guy suggested that his mate would "fix" it all i hung up...

Good luck with the sale. Someone will want it...eventually. (i hope for my sake as well)
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Ben,
    Call the potentioal buyer back in a week or so and ask him what his mechanic sold him instead of the Pug
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

same thing happened to me when i was selling my beloved 1977 landrover series 3 which i re built from the ground up.. i was told by many one of the best examples of its kind. then cam the time of selling it, had a young kid, 17 had his "mechenic" look at it and found a list of things wrong with it 1 included headlight not working, (they were brand new) so i went to the car and turned them on in front of his eyes, he used the wrong button. another one was oil around the oil filter....hmmmm its grease not oil! some people and mechenics are just nobs. it was funny i had the car advertised for 10,000 and he offered me 4,000 i laughed and a week later i got my 10,000 from another buyer.
    2005 206 GTI

Yep it was hopeless.

I have been advised that next time someone wants to get the car checked out I say yes, but I wont let them take it to a workshop which knows NOTHING about Peugeots.

This has left a really bitter taste in my mouth. I rang the mechanics shop today and they told me I could not have a copy of the report as I didnt commission it, The guy isnt going to buy it and I just wanted the full run down as I only got part of it yesterday.

This whole thing STINKS! To add insult to injury I took all up a couple of hours off work to pick the car up from where I am keeping it to take it to and from this workshop, I did this as the guy wanting to buy the car is a P plater and I didnt want him driving the ring out of it.....so much for doing a good turn.

I am shocked I am just as steamed about this as I was 24 hours ago....

Oh well I think a cold might ease the pain.

Rant over.....

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by Pug_405_Mi16
    Yep it was hopeless.

I have been advised that next time someone wants to get the car checked out I say yes, but I wont let them take it to a workshop which knows NOTHING about Peugeots.

This has left a really bitter taste in my mouth. I rang the mechanics shop today and they told me I could not have a copy of the report as I didnt commission it, The guy isnt going to buy it and I just wanted the full run down as I only got part of it yesterday.

This whole thing STINKS! To add insult to injury I took all up a couple of hours off work to pick the car up from where I am keeping it to take it to and from this workshop, I did this as the guy wanting to buy the car is a P plater and I didnt want him driving the ring out of it.....so much for doing a good turn.

I am shocked I am just as steamed about this as I was 24 hours ago....

Oh well I think a cold might ease the pain.

Rant over.....

Ben
    Did you really want that idiot P plater to own your beloved 405?
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

No not really, but I do want someone to have it......
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Thread Information