quite crap but expected
  • Register
  • Help

Default quite crap but expected

I have been expecting the 505 motor to die a slow and horrible death for quite some time now............with a few oil leaks...... no.......... one great big huge combined oil leak around the entire sump and front and rear bearings......

.......also combined with mysterious disapearing water that doesnt appear to be exiting the engine in a liquid form, its radiator has been like a bottomless pit for the past few months.......(not carby related, since i did the conversion there is no water going anywhere near the carby)

......not to mention the exhaust manifold falling off from time to time (stripped studs, my fault)......

.....oh and the slight knock wich has been developing over time as well.......

....and the steadily climbing average temperature, which tonight went throught the roof, cruiseing along the pacific motorway out of the city in the cool night air..........not exactly harsh driving conditions......

so the time has come, to cut a long story short, im going to completely rebuild it (execpt the carb, which is the only good part of the motor).

and while im at it im going to rebuild the diff too, as it has very bad manners and whines alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time......

does anybody want me to take photos of everything? or are these motors to ordinary to go to those lengths?????

the only reason im rebuilding it is because im in love with the car and im going to keep it for a long time yet, i tried to sell it once but now its staying with me, how could i let down old faithful, of all the other cars ive had, when theyve all broke down the good ol' stocko, bog standard, run-of-the-mill, average everyday wagon has always pulled me out of the $#!+, and now i think its just breathed a big sigh of relief and needs a bit of TLC.

ok, so im an idiot, i love my boring old car, its not spectacular but ya just cant go past the basics, the old donga', i owe it some good hard work on my part and some shiny new bits and pieces, after all the times its come to my rescue.

awwwwwwwww (its so touching) .....lol

anyways, thats just the way of it, i had to let my emotions out, and make a public statement of reconciliation with the old bus, ive called it every four letter word i can think of but its still always started for me every cold morning (sometimes with a little effort )

Advertisement

anyway...........so there it is.

My condolences,

Photos of the resurection im sure would be welcome - learning through pictures has always been one of my favourites!

Fellow Frogger!

I second that!
    '96 Peugeot 405 SRDT Station Wagon

'71 Peugeot 504 GL - gone

'91 Peugeot 205si - gone

Thread Information