1999 206 Gti Mod
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5

    Default 1999 206 Gti Mod

    Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew where to get a kit that changes the instrument panel in a 1999 Peugeot 206 Gti from the red to blue. ive pulled it apart and found out that the only way to do it is to replace the plastic stuff that has all the numbers and marking on it. Anyone know where to buy that? Preferable in Melbourne

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I'm not totally sure, but a could place to try is Auto Paris.

    http://www.autoparis.com.au/

    Matthew

  3. #3
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5

    Default

    yeah been there already, doesnt do the Gti's

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! nos205gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rozelle
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat5e
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew where to get a kit that changes the instrument panel in a 1999 Peugeot 206 Gti from the red to blue. ive pulled it apart and found out that the only way to do it is to replace the plastic stuff that has all the numbers and marking on it. Anyone know where to buy that? Preferable in Melbourne
    show me the part pictures l can look at that in sydney..

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! lucin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    inner E melbourne
    Posts
    453

    Default

    I reckon your best bet would be eBay or somewhere in europe. no one makes or imports that sorta stuff here i think
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

  6. #6
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5

    Default

    this is from the uk ebay and is for a 2002 and onwards model but its exactly what i want for my 1999 206 Gti. I would really like to be able to get it in melbourne if possible as if i cant work out how to mod it in, then i want to be able to go to the guy and say "could you please help me with this bit". if needs be then i can order it from somewhere in australia if it like under $50 coz it wouldnt be too much of a loss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1999 206 Gti Mod-5a_1_sbl.jpg   1999 206 Gti Mod-6a_1_sbl.jpg  

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Nice and ricey. IMO red is the easist on the eyes.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  8. #8
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Yes I know red is the easiest colour on the eyes, reason being that our eyes are less sensitive to the red end of the spectrum than the green/blue end of the spectrum. But as i have a blue head unit, i would like the whole car to be the same colour

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat5e
    Yes I know red is the easiest colour on the eyes, reason being that our eyes are less sensitive to the red end of the spectrum than the green/blue end of the spectrum. But as i have a blue head unit, i would like the whole car to be the same colour
    Buy a Blaupunkt with RED colour LED face instead, easier and will sound better than what ever head unit you have (unless it a Becker, Naka or Eclipse)... - Chris
    ... ptui!

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! choiboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Eclipse CD8455!!!.. mine does all colours of the rainbow even red!

    I reckon blue would suck as your middple display CC etc will still light up orange/red
    David

    1999 China Blue 206 GTi
    2001 MY02 Subaru Liberty RX

    http://community.webshots.com/user/choiboi29

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choiboi
    Eclipse CD8455!!!.. mine does all colours of the rainbow even red!
    I reckon blue would suck as your middple display CC etc will still light up orange/red
    I agree, choiboi.

    Kat5e, it would be cheaper & easier to just change the head unit. If you can afford it look at the brands i mentioned earlier. Ilike Eclipse but doesn't suit the look of the CC, personally it would a Nakamichi or my favourite a Becker Mexico..... just simple, SUPER clean sound and elegant not flashy shit.... - Chris
    ... ptui!

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Even easier still, juts put the OEM headunit back in and expand it's potential with an amp and sub.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Even easier still, juts put the OEM headunit back in and expand it's potential with an amp and sub.
    hahahaha!!!.. . sorry shouldn't laugh. These cheap units fail so often, and sound like crap. The pre and power amp sections are woefull. - Chris
    ... ptui!

  14. #14
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5

    Default

    ive already modded the centre console to be all blue including the AC and Time LCD, as well as interior lights, all thats left to do is the instrument cluster and im not changing it all back to red. my fave colour is blue and so blue stays

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat5e
    ive already modded the centre console to be all blue including the AC and Time LCD, as well as interior lights, all thats left to do is the instrument cluster and im not changing it all back to red. my fave colour is blue and so blue stays
    Well, good luck & post a picture when your done - Chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •