hello and please help..
  • Register
  • Help

Default hello and please help..

hello everyone.. I'm from Lithuania.. I own 205GT.. Here in Lithuania I'm in local peugeot club, but i hope to find some support and answers here also.. I have one question, which you can possibly answer.. what does those letter mean(GTi, CTi, XS, XRD, GT and so on)..?? Mine is GT and I never understood what that could mean.. please help..

Advertisement
    <<<<Peugeot 205GT 1.4 Klaipėda, Lithuania>>>>

Good aye from Australia to our peugeot mate in Lithuania.

Mate it's an old dago term (that's Italian to you) meaning Grand Tourisimo or grand touring or gt, was initially for bigger cars with bigger than standard engines and the idea being they were better for long distances eg, touring, may have power, suspension and brake improvements to move more quickly over longer distances.

To car enthusiast GT meant go faster.

GTi ditto +fuel injection
    CTi ? +fuel injection
    XS xtra special
    XRD would imply diesel

if you were a manufacturer and you hadn't quite made a GT you might add some letters to excite your buyer

GL grand luxury
    RS race special or as we aussie's would say rat shit
    X anything with the hidden X factor hence GLX
    GTR gt race
    S speed pack

and any other combination of numbers and letters which make the buyer think his car will go faster:

GTS
    GRX
    XR6

you can make up your own

ZZXS or X19 or ZZTop or VVS or POQ or LMFAO

cheers from Australya to Foxy

ed ge

Ps. please write back and tell us a little about your self, your country and your car club! thanks

and I'll tell you some lies about aostraya if you like.
    Last edited by edgedweller; 8th February 2006 at 08:01 AM.

well, our country is near Baltic sea, for americans always work when we say that Lithuania is former USSR member.. But that was long time ago, and also we don wanna remember our shames.. now, we are in EU, we are gettting better and better, and trying to catch other member of the EU.. here is the map where you can find our country.. http://maps.google.com/ just enter "lithuania" in search window.. ok, and i'll write bout my club later, couse i've got to run now.. cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by edgedweller
    if you were a manufacturer and you hadn't quite made a GT you might add some letters to excite your buyer

GL grand luxury
    RS race special or as we aussie's would say rat shit
    X anything with the hidden X factor hence GLX
    GTR gt race
    S speed pack

and any other combination of numbers and letters which make the buyer think his car will go faster:

GTS
    GRX
    XR6

you can make up your own

ZZXS or X19 or ZZTop or VVS or POQ or LMFAO
    Gold !!

Hey don't knock the X-19, I loved that car !
    '05 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by foxbound
    well, our country is near Baltic sea, for americans always work when we say that Lithuania is former USSR member.. But that was long time ago, and also we don wanna remember our shames.. now, we are in EU, we are gettting better and better, and trying to catch other member of the EU.. here is the map where you can find our country.. http://maps.google.com/ just enter "lithuania" in search window.. ok, and i'll write bout my club later, couse i've got to run now.. cheers..
    Ahh the Baltic states. Proud nations that have always held their heads much higher than their small size suggests.

And always fun at Eurovision time, especially that mad clown behind Linas and Simona in 2004!

I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need here in Aussie Frogs! And after one of our babes married one of the Danish royalty, I'm sure some of our fellas (like me) would love to hear about your Northern European chickie babes (err, and your Pugs!)

Welcome to our world!

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

It's great that at least someone knows us, and dont think that we are some dumb country where people eat horse heads.. :/ ok, so something bout our club.. we are alive since 2000.. now there are about 1200 members in our forums.. but actual number of active members of course is lower that that.. so, its great that there are cars that unite us all.. cheers..

Thread Information