Reversing light - 307 Touring HDi
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Reversing light - 307 Touring HDi

Have any other 307 Touring HDi owners had any problems with the reversing light switch failing?

Advertisement

My 205GTI one failed. I replaced it with a new Pug part (~$50 or 60) but sometime within the next 3 months it failed again (didn't notice over the summer when the days are longer and didn't reverse in very dark places for a while).
    It is a hassle to get access to so I have now got a manually switched setup (clear lens on the rear high intensity fog lamp and converted to 35W halogen) .

I had the same problem on a VW Golf years ago - I returned new reversing switches about 4 times, once a week, until the 'dealer' refused to deal with me and gave me my money back. I then went to another VW part retailer and bought a switch in the same VW packaging that has now lasted maybe 8 years. How could 4 genuine switches in a row be faulty? I don't know. I suspected wrong thickness/missing seating washer that may have caused the switch plunger to push in too far but I experimented with that too - and the current switch still works.

I still want a permanent solution to the 205's switch in the gearbox (don't want to keep replacing $50 switches that might last 2 months) - anyone?

Rick Dathan
    205GTI S3

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Balmain
    Have any other 307 Touring HDi owners had any problems with the reversing light switch failing?
    No. I've got the 5 door tho....

Thread Information