205 Gti Tailgates
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 Gti Tailgates

Do the tailgates vary from Series 1, 2, and 3. The one on my car doesn't seem to fit to well. i.e. the gaps don't quite line up and viewed from the back it doesn't quite follow the shape of the body. Nothing appears to be bent or distorted. It is definately not the original as the paint slightly different.

Thanks

Advertisement

Jarrod

al

Jarrod, i believe the only difference is in the small spoiler at the top. On the early cars it is glued on, whereas on the S3 it is attached with screws.

I'm think that is the only difference, although i'm sure the 205 forum could confirm that. (i noticed you joined recently)
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

The series 1 I think only had 1 bolt holding the hinge to the body, whereas the series 2&3 had 2 bolts in each hinge, but other than that they are the same in shape, although I never thought they fitted all that well from new.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore
    The series 1 I think only had 1 bolt holding the hinge to the body, whereas the series 2&3 had 2 bolts in each hinge, but other than that they are the same in shape, although I never thought they fitted all that well from new.
    mine has what looks like two original bolt holes which are no longer used and a new hole which has been drilled between them which now holds the tilgate onto the hinge. My car is an 88 which I assumed to be a series 1. I have looked at others and most seem to line up ok. Maybe it's an aftermarket one?

Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods
    mine has what looks like two original bolt holes which are no longer used and a new hole which has been drilled between them which now holds the tilgate onto the hinge. My car is an 88 which I assumed to be a series 1. I have looked at others and most seem to line up ok. Maybe it's an aftermarket one?

Jarrod
    l dont think so not after market may be 205si tailgate if you want l have original s3 tailgate with glass charcoal colour

Fellow Frogger!

As mentioned there is slight differences between the early hatch and the late hatch, but the area for the tailgate is the same size, the only thing that comes to my mind is that a aftermarket tailgate has been fitted and it's not a very good fit!
    05' Megane 225 Cup

1000+ Posts

There is a vast difference between the rear hatches of S1 and S2/3.
    Besides the spoiler at the top and its fittings the hinges at the top attaching it to the car is different.
    However the main difference is there shape ! The S1 has at the top where the roof line meets the hatch top a small area....the S2/3 has a much wider "extension" at the top of the hatch.
    For these reasons it is difficult to get a good aftermarket spoiler to fit a s1 but plenty will fit the S2+
    For some strange Peugeot reason various S2's had the S1 tailgate from factory.
    cheers JR
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

al

Jarrod, if you are interested in this, i could use the door... Split the postage?
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al
    Jarrod, if you are interested in this, i could use the door... Split the postage?
    Hi Al

I could be tempted. Do you want to find out what the postage will cost. I'll pm the seller of these items and get some photos and make sure both items are good.

Jarrod

Hi Al

I could be tempted. Do you want to find out what the postage will cost. I'll pm the seller of these items and get some photos and make sure both items are good.

Jarrod
    Rally of Canberra's on in 3 weeks, you could probably get the bits brought back...
    205gti

al

Hi Al

Jarrod
    My drivers door is a bit out of shape, (after the car rolled itself into the garage with the door open) so i would be interested to see what postage was like.

Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Rally of Canberra's on in 3 weeks, you could probably get the bits brought back...
    You need help...? I am trying to get up for that, although i think i left it a little late to organise...
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al

You need help...? I am trying to get up for that, although i think i left it a little late to organise...
    No, not going this year , but I know people who are that may be able to bring stuff back...not too late to organise if you mean accom etc., got a good van park in Queenbeyan close to the action...
    205gti

al

Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    No, not going this year , but I know people who are that may be able to bring stuff back...not too late to organise if you mean accom etc., got a good van park in Queenbeyan close to the action...
    That is a shame as you did really well last year, didn't you? Is your car competing?
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Thread Information