lowering a 206gti
  • Register
  • Help

Icon4 lowering a 206gti

hey guys i hav a question, i have a 206gti 2005, i wanted to lower it, my questions is do peugeot make lowering kits? if so how many mil lower and approx how much are they? and will it effect my waranty in any way??

thanks in advance ed

Advertisement

Eibach make lowering kits (front springs) which can be installed. It shouldn't affect warranty as dealers used to install the same kits.

You can keep your original dampers on as well.

Once the front is lowered, the rear is adjusted by adjusting the spline on the rear torsion bar. A bit tricky, but not for someone who'd done it before
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

there's someone selling a pair of lowered springs in sydneys pug car club (see the link in the for sale section). I think they're asking about $50 for the pair which is a bargain.

Proper eibach ones (lower 30mm) retail for around $300 i think. Any lower than that and you'd be bouncin around all over the place (and blowing your headlight early too if what some say are to be believed)
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Quote Originally Posted by eddymstewart
    hey guys i hav a question, i have a 206gti 2005, i wanted to lower it, my questions is do peugeot make lowering kits? if so how many mil lower and approx how much are they? and will it effect my waranty in any way??

thanks in advance ed
    I dont believe peugeot make lower kits

Eibach do for the front, which lower the car by 30mm approx, the rear can be adjusted manually (GTi180)

I guess if you have any under car issues that involve damage gained due to insufficient height or bearing/CV issues, it may affect your warranty.
    04' GTi 180

what ever u do its out off warranty..also insurance they're not cover if you have a accident! l try to put thypoon kit for my 180 its out off warranty..maybe damage for oyxigen sensor, l m still thinking

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    what ever u do its out off warranty..also insurance they're not cover if you have a accident! l try to put thypoon kit for my 180 its out off warranty..maybe damage for oyxigen sensor, l m still thinking
    Crap. Talk to your insurance company about mods. The eibach kit was one which could be bought fitted by the dealer. If your insurance company won't cover it, try shannons. They don't mind modded cars and are fairly priced
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    Not true, Sam. Peugeot used to sell (not sure if they still do) the Eibach lowering kits and you could drive away in your brand-new 206GTi with the kit installed.

It had no effect on warranty at all.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Not true, Sam. Peugeot used to sell (not sure if they still do) the Eibach lowering kits and you could drive away in your brand-new 206GTi with the kit installed.

It had no effect on warranty at all.
    call peugeot tell them l need to put sport air filter for my 180,then ask is that out of warranty or not.? NRMA if they catch you its not a standard suspensions on your car they're not cover ur car.

Quote Originally Posted by lucin
    Crap. Talk to your insurance company about mods. The eibach kit was one which could be bought fitted by the dealer. If your insurance company won't cover it, try shannons. They don't mind modded cars and are fairly priced
    you from melburne, l m talking about sydney my friend NRMA try to get insurance from NRMA the lowered ur car then try to get accident go back to NRMA try to claim you get not cover.lf u tell about your mods some of them not insured your car.EXAMPLE: me...l ve lost my licence in a 1 year 3 times speeding at F1 and 2 times police chase me with my nos205gti one time they catch one time they re missed. please, dont get wrong l m not stupid driver l had a bussines at gosford. l was on road 110km but theyre catch me on 170km no one was on road.l m not dangerous driver pls, guys dont get wrong. l m not drink,last 2 years l didnt get any fined.l went last year december somtimes at national park cruise some one drive faster then me. since when l was 13 start driving now l m 33 never had a accident THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by lucin
    http://www.sinclairpremium.com/contactus.asp

cheapest insurance company l belive

thanks for the replies guys...i called peugeo today and asked bout the lowering kuts and they said they do not do it...well that was trivett peugeot at parramatta. does anyone know any other peugeot that do it??? and does the 206 gti have the same suspension as the 206gti 180? if now what are the differances?

ed

Quote Originally Posted by eddymstewart
    thanks for the replies guys...i called peugeo today and asked bout the lowering kuts and they said they do not do it...well that was trivett peugeot at parramatta. does anyone know any other peugeot that do it??? and does the 206 gti have the same suspension as the 206gti 180? if now what are the differances?

ed
    206gti 180 doesnt need to lowered..all peugeot's they'll say same things dont waste ur time.if you want it just do it.! when u have a problem take off sport suspenisons or put back original springs back then go peugeot but l know its hard.but trust me they all the same will say to you do not do it!

Hey guys quick question. With proper Eibach springs on the front and the back lowerd as mentioned would it handle better?

Thanks for any reply's.

P.s. I get scared these days asking about modding my car as people seem to scream at me!

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    Hey guys quick question. With proper Eibach springs on the front and the back lowerd as mentioned would it handle better?

Thanks for any reply's.

P.s. I get scared these days asking about modding my car as people seem to scream at me!
    l think 180 doesnt need to be lowered handling is perfect.. but up too you rusty.. are you coming to eastern creek this weekend for motorkhana training day,if you not do u want to come national park just for cruisecouple hours l will show u best handling..good track over there(have u got lic.back)

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga

Thanks for any reply's.

The Eibach's were targeted at the original GTi, the 180 has stiffer front suspension, while out back the rear suspension includes two tie rods to maintain stability and improve road holding. If you think the 180 is stiff & bouncy now, its only going to get more bouncy and stiffer with eibach's.
    04' GTi 180

Thread Information