306 radio code problems
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 radio code problems

Hi, new to the forum and had a quick search for what i needed but couldn't find it, but anyway here's the problem.

Just changed my old battery and i need a code for the radio. Called up peugeot dealer to get code. Provided vin number and received a 6 digit code. Asked how it should be put in and the guy told me to just turn on the radio and put it in.

First question: Is the code supposed to be 6 digits long? After reading threads and posts it seems that it's supposed to be a four digit code.

Question two: Am I supposed to just turn on the radio and punch in the code? I have tried holding the buttoms for longer or putting in the code really fast and still doesn't work. Do I have to press something before or after I put in the code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated since I've been driving around with no radio for 2 weeks, cheers

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pes_nut
    First question: Is the code supposed to be 6 digits long? After reading threads and posts it seems that it's supposed to be a four digit code.

Question two: Am I supposed to just turn on the radio and punch in the code? I have tried holding the buttoms for longer or putting in the code really fast and still doesn't work. Do I have to press something before or after I put in the code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated since I've been driving around with no radio for 2 weeks, cheers
    Maybe some more info about the radio or car, pes_nut?

My 95 model XT had a Eurovox tape deck, and it was definitely a 4 digit code. When you first turned on the radio after it had lost its settings it displayed "code" and you put a number in at a time, whilst it counted the 4 digits out from 1 to 4 on the display.

It also had a separate manual with the owner's manual pouch that explained the procedure nicely. Do you still have that?

Maybe yours is different altogether.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Well i've got a 95 XT with the stock eurovox. But unlike yours it doesnt display "code". All it simply has is three dashes ( - - - ) on the display panel where the radio station and and everything else would show. When i attempt to put a number into the radio nothing comes up on the display at all.

I have all manuals except for the radio security code. Could this be a problem with the new battery or the way it's been put in?

Tadpole

Default Power up for one hour

The instructions I have for my Eurovox (model 6330PG1) say that is the display you get when the code has been entered incorrectly three times. To reset - leave the radio powered up for one hour at which point it will allow you to enter the code again.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

It is normally the last digits of your car's VIN. If not, get a new stereo, the eurovox one is well crap.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

MrStayPuft is correct on the procedure for the reset of the Eurovox. There should be only 4 digits for that model of radio cassette.

The coding is not usually the last 4 digits of the Vin #, mine certainly isn't.

Perhaps worth contacting Peugeot Aust. Help Line 1800 307 607. Explain your problem, they should then direct you to your local Peugeot dealer who can access Peugeot information and retrieve the code. Be certain you give them the correct Vin# of your car, one incorrect letter or digit can foul it up.

Should they insist the code is 6 digits contact Eurovox Aust. and go through their procedure of retrievig the code, cost is $22 plus postage !

If all else fails, replacement CD receiver units of a quality superior to the original Eurovox can be bought for $100 to $150.

Hope this helps.

Aha, that's the mystery then. My 4 digit code is definitely not the last 6 digits of my VIN, so if they've given you that, you will have to ask them to try harder.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by jackafrica
    If all else fails, replacement CD receiver units of a quality superior to the original Eurovox can be bought for $100 to $150.

Hope this helps.
    Hi, if you're interested i'll sell you a eurovox cd/radio unit out of a gti6 for $50

(comes with free security code)
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Tadpole

Thanks for the help guys, i'll reset the radio 2nite and call up peugoet tomorrow.

Tadpole

Reset the radio and thought i might try the code given to me by the peugoeut dealer. Guess what? It worked, thanks for all the help.

Thread Information