205 carb. Non XS to XS?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 Can Anyone Help?

G'DAY DUDES!

And a warm hello from cold scotland!

Where do we start...Bought a 1360 petrol 205XT. Great motor, Tidy inside Outside and Under. 82000 miles on the clock, not bad for a 1992 car.

Any hoots, after eliminating all the possible reasons for it being hard to start when warm and using an excessive ammount of fuel it looks like i got to accept that its the carburettor thats had it!

Advertisement

Bugger

So i have yet to take it off and check if its warped or not but i have been told that it is a common problem thanks to the alloy they made the carbs out of being shoddy. I am expecting the worst however (unless someone can tell me they solved the alloy problem out by 1992, in wihich case hooray!).

After a bit of research i have discovered that if i fit an xs carb (and manifold?) to it i'll get some extra bhp into the bargain. Is this true and How can i be sure that indeed it will fit my engine?

Thanks for your Time you down underers you cheers.
    Last edited by BrainFluid; 3rd February 2006 at 09:10 AM.

Tadpole

Anyone???

Fellow Frogger!

G'day and welcome to

We didn't get any carbie model 205s down here so the replies might be a bit thin on the ground.
    Don't give up hope though because there are some freakishly knowledgeable people on this forum, some of whom hail from overseas.
    Best of luck, and sorry I can't be of more help!
    '96 Peugeot 405 SRDT Station Wagon

'71 Peugeot 504 GL - gone

'91 Peugeot 205si - gone

Tadpole

I can't help personally but if there are no relpies here try www.205gtidrivers.com. Plenty of carbed models up this end of the world!

Fellow Frogger!

hi
    i am one of the lucky ones here who has a carbi model a GR 1990 model personal import from england
    same engine like yours i do have the same problem like you when staring hot
    but it is still very economical car .ijust start it with the accalaretor pedal down to the floor and it starts no problem you need to crank it abit longer.
    you can change it to twin chock model which came on the xs model and the citroen ax gt it will improve the preformence but ithink you may be use more petrol i am not sure .best check ebay uk for that carb in205 car parts or complete xs cars or ax gt . normly people who sell them describe them very well you can get alot inormation there. i would not mind one myself but it is very expensive to ship them here .some of these cars came with a weber which is better than solex but than again you may be use more petrol.
    good luck ron

Thread Information