Advice on a roof respray
  • Register
  • Help

Default Advice on a roof respray

Hey all!
    I'm planning on getting my roof resprayed soon. In fact, on Satruday, I'm going to get a quote (a friend of a friend, does good work and nice price).

Anyway, my 205 has a sunroof, so I'm assuming the sun roof will need to be removed in its entirety, yes ? Should I leave the sunroof to the panel beater to remove, or would it be worth removing it myself ?

Advertisement

I need to replace the front rubber seal (it's all hard and cracked), but what other components will need replacing as a result of the removal ?

While I'm at it, how do you remove the sun roof guides/rails thing (the two long bits it slides along). It's not apparent how they're attached to the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader
    While I'm at it, how do you remove the sun roof guides/rails thing (the two long bits it slides along). It's not apparent how they're attached to the roof.
    lots of torx-bits!, it's in the haynes manual from memory...
    205gti

Well I just got quoted $300 to get the roof resprayed, which sounds fairly resonable. Are there any other panel beaters in the Melbourne nothern suburbs that you guys recommend, or have used before ?

My main concern is that the sun roof might get stuffed up, so I'll probably remove it myself.

Thread Information