405Mi16 Diveshaft in a GTi6
  • Register
  • Help
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Default 405Mi16 Diveshaft in a GTi6

Well, as everyone is aware, my car has all sorts of hassles with its driveshafts. The problem has been isolated to the RH driveshaft!!! Oh my god, even though it was the LH one that was shaking. Anyway, as an interim measure we have put a 405Mi16 driveshaft in it. The only difference between the two is the thickness. I know it's probably not the best and I'm very wary to give the car any stick for risk of snappage, but by god I had forgotten how smooth my car drives. What a dream!!!!

Advertisement

Now, there is the possibility that it is bent/twisted in the half of the driveshaft that is common with the 405, so the possibility arises of combining the thicker section with the 405 one and hey presto, all fixed.

If all else fails and a 2nd hand one can't be sourced, then well, $450 for a new one is the worst case scenario.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Steve guess what
    I was going through all the spare parts for my car looking for XR driveshaft bits and i found a spare GTi6 shaft.

Dont ask me where it came from as i thought i only had XR spare driveshafts.

If you want it its yours. Only thing is its just the shaft....doesnt have the end bearings ect.

Are the left and right shafts the same? They should be shouldnt they as they are equal length ones right?
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    we have put a 405Mi16 driveshaft in it
    whats next?? next you'll be ripping out entire 405mi16 engines to put into other pugs!!
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

im still on a lookout for a ba10 so i can convince my father he needs one in his 504

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    Steve guess what
    I was going through all the spare parts for my car looking for XR driveshaft bits and i found a spare GTi6 shaft.

Dont ask me where it came from as i thought i only had XR spare driveshafts.

If you want it its yours. Only thing is its just the shaft....doesnt have the end bearings ect.

Are the left and right shafts the same? They should be shouldnt they as they are equal length ones right?

No, the RH one is longer as it has another bit coming out of it. I'll have a word with my mechanic to see if we can make do without the bearings, but sounds as if you have the LH one.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

dunno what one i got mate
    If u want to look at it to compare ill bring it round and u can compare with your old one

The end bits with the bearing things that just goes on the driveshaft as it has splines i think.

I think i must of used the bearings on my driveshafts.
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Thread Information