Potential 206 CC Purchase queries
  • Register
  • Help

Default Potential 206 CC Purchase queries

Hello All

I have a friend who is thinking seriously about purchasing a 2004 206 CC (MY05 - is that right?). She has a couple of questions which I feel might be better answered by those who actually own a 206 CC, not just an enthusiastic friend who is hell bent on converting everyone she knows to the ways of the Frog.

The car has done 30K and had all regular services, is there anything that she could expect problems with at around this mileage? Are there any widely accepted quirks that make themselves known at this stage or later (general wear and tear aside)?

She has driven 3 CCs and reports that all the gearboxes felt "sloppy". She asked if this was a Pug trait, but I can't comment as my 307 has a nice tight, direct shift. Is this "sloppiness" common among the 206s? If not, can anyone suggest what might cause such a sensation? The car is manual.

Finally, the one she is most keen on is only a 1.6l and she is concerned that it might be gutless - she is coming from a 2.0l Rav, although it was zippy on the test drive. What are people's thoughts about this? I think that it would probably be OK as there is a lot less car to carry than in the Rav, so the smaller engine would be adequate. Should she hold out for a 2.0l?

Ok, this is really the last question! It is advertised for $28 900.00 and is in immaculate condition, do people think that this is a fair price, or a bit on the high side?

Advertisement

Thanks ever so much for your help.
    Kitty

I don't know about sloppy boxes. I think it's just that the 206 has a really long throw. If it bothers her, tell her to get a Griffiths Quick Shift. It has three settings so you can adjust the throw between gears.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

The gearbox on the 206 is probably not the smoothest in the industry. Feels very mechanical ... sloppy may be one way to describe it but probably not he best way. It still does its job though
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty
    The car has done 30K and had all regular services, is there anything that she could expect problems with at around this mileage? Are there any widely accepted quirks that make themselves known at this stage or later (general wear and tear aside)?

Ok, this is really the last question! It is advertised for $28 900.00 and is in immaculate condition, do people think that this is a fair price, or a bit on the high side?
    I have a 2002 model with mileage of 30K ............ and have had no problems with it.

Price seems to be fair also.

1000+ Posts

A 1.6L 80kw 206CC (1.1 tonne) is going to be quite similar in performance compared to a 2L ~ 100 and something kw RAV4 (1.3 tonne).

Derek

Default Thanks!!

Hey

I have passed this information on and my friend is very grateful.

Thanks everyone for you help.
    Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty
    Kitty
    Long time, no posts Nancy. How's your 307, any more issues with it? Where are you getting it service now a days? How goes the rallying, still competing with Wayne?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

hello kitty,

heres a link to a thread that may help you and your friend.

Buying a 206CC

cheers
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Thread Information