306 Towbar
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 Towbar

Tadpole

Default 306 Towbar

Hi, I've just got a towbar for my 306 (97XT). Spent today crawling around under the car and I've finally got it all bolted in place! Bit of torquing up to do but that's it. The next step is to wire in the electrics - I haven't really looked into this but I assume the cables run to the main wiring loom? Has anyone fitted one to their 306 and if so did you just drill a hole in the car boot floor to run the cable into?
    Cheers
    Ben

Advertisement

I'm Not 100% sure, but my 306 came with a towbar, and looking in the boot (after installing a stereo) there is a drilled whole, where the towbar wire comes through. The earth is also just attatched to one of the bolts on the boot floor. The towbar wires seem to splice into the brake light cables. Hope that helps.

Tadpole

Thanks, suspected it was something like that. I was hoping to avoid drilling (unfortunately might have to sell the car sometime soon - it's too small for my sails!) but need the towbar more urgently.
    Cheers

Tadpole

Argh! Just sheared 2 bolts off and they were already on the car so not easy to replace

Taken the bumper off now - the bolts are welded to the chassis. Bummer! Think I'll have to drill them out and tighten them up with the bumper off. Also found out the repair shop didn't do a fantastic job after my mum got shunted in the pug a few months ago but that's a different story...
    Last edited by CurlyBen; 31st January 2006 at 02:51 AM.

Thread Information