cd player; STRANGE?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default cd player; STRANGE?

Hey guys, i just installed a cd player in my 306 myself. Unhooked the battrey prior, followed all wiring correctly (i think ) and everthing works fine except when you turn off the car and turn it back on, the player resets back to the first track, which can be a pain especially if there are a hundred odd songs on the cd. Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems when installing a cd player and if this could be easily fixed??

Advertisement

I think this is due to the perm and acc power needing to be swapped.

There was talk of this on this board, or perhaps 306gti6.com. Try searching these forums and thier forums.

I had a quick look for you, but Im back on dialup from ADSL and Im getting annoyed with the slow speeds
    2001 306 RALLYE

Tadpole

quite true,

u have to make sure that the batt direct connection is connect to the correct wire on ur player.

the best way to do it is with a multi meter. with everything turned off, there should only be one live wire (direct batt connection) and usually on cd players(pioneer, kenwood etc) the direct batt input is a yellow wire. once thats hooked properly ur cd will remember correct time and the cd track u were on.
    Venetian Green 406 ST 1996 Manual
    WTB: genuine Fog lights and 16in alloy wheels for the above

Quote Originally Posted by jannear
    I think this is due to the perm and acc power needing to be swapped.
    try setting a radio station too - if that disappears everytime you turn it off and on again then yes - you have the constant + and switched + around the wrong way..
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Thread Information