307 Feline in oz
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Icon7 307 Feline in oz

Hi,
    I have picked up my brand new 307 feline today and was wondering if anyone else has one already and if so what are your thoughts????

Advertisement

Honestly, I don't like it, nor do I like any other 307, or 07 for that matter... a lot based purely on looks. That said though, when my mum was originally getting her previous 306, we test drove one of the original 307's and didn't like it much back then when they first came out. Honestly the 07's are a big step backwards from the 06's imho, but then Iím a purist, and in the eyes of most who love Peugeot the 07 is a bit of a debacle.

Sorry for the unkind entry to aussie frogs, I don't mean to be rude, i'm just not a big fan of the 307. welcome anyway

Icon7

Thanks for the welcome orestes.
    I have never owned a Peugeot before and its all new and exciting to me. All my previous cars have been jap except for the massive mistake i made in buying a holden.
    Being my first euro car, im very happy with all the features. Having only driven the new car for about half an hour today i love it.
    Guess some will agree and others wont. each to their own i guess.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by 307FELINE
    Thanks for the welcome orestes.
    I have never owned a Peugeot before and its all new and exciting to me. All my previous cars have been jap except for the massive mistake i made in buying a holden.
    Being my first euro car, im very happy with all the features. Having only driven the new car for about half an hour today i love it.
    Guess some will agree and others wont. each to their own i guess.
    Thanks again

Well heres to a good choice in comparison to some of the Jap crap thats out there in the same price range, and there quite a nice car, just not some peoples cup of tea in comparison to what Peugeot has traditionally offerd. Oh well, what model did you get anyway ?? I hear they've brought out a few 307's that are a bit more sporting with the release of the feline which can only be good.

Enjoy your car, and don't forget to wave at your fellow Pugers

I got the 307 Feline top of the range in alluminium silver with red leather , sunroof, and parking sensors. I went all out with it, so like you said it s**ts all over most jap cars on the market at the moment.

I got the 307 Feline top of the range in alluminium silver with red leather , sunroof, and parking sensors. I went all out with it, so like you said it s**ts all over most jap cars on the market at the moment.
    Must be beautiful. Good luck to your new car. I wish I could have one also.

Thanks pate Im on nightshift at the moment so when i get home this morning ill have a proper chance to go over it.

Just wondering, which Japanese cars did you drive?

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC

Thanks pate Im on nightshift at the moment so when i get home this morning ill have a proper chance to go over it.
    Send in the photo's ...

The 307 Feline/sport etc .. has the engine that should have gone in the previous 307XSi ... how are you finding the 1st gear takeoff ? Some people find the 180 engine a little bit sluggish off the line unless they give it some herbs, but once above the 4000rpm mark it'll pull madly to the redline and then change and start again (at least this is the way with the 206GTi180).

Red Leather ... that would be a standout ! Enjoy.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Just a little clarification... so is it true that the feline got the 180 motor ?? From what i had heard I thought they only got 145 ponies under the bonet

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    Just a little clarification... so is it true that the feline got the 180 motor ?? From what i had heard I thought they only got 145 ponies under the bonet
    The 307 Sport has the 180's engine.
    The 307 XSE has the standard 2.0 - 143HP now (quite a punchy thing when wound up, if not especially refined).

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    The 307 Sport has the 180's engine.
    The 307 XSE has the standard 2.0 - 143HP now (quite a punchy thing when wound up, if not especially refined).

hmm

Peugeot 206 GTi 180

Curb weight 1100kg

Peugeot 307 Sport

Curb weight 1380kg

I wonder how the 307 handles the 180 motor, and how the 180 motor handles the extra weight (you could put 3 and bit people my weight into the GTI180 and still have it weigh les then the 307 sport) I also wonder how sorted the suspension is in the 307 "sport"

I'd like to see a good unbiased report of it. My fear however is that it will have the same weight issues as the 307cc, and the C4 VTS
    Last edited by orestes; 29th October 2005 at 01:47 PM.

Hi,
    I have picked up my brand new 307 feline today ...
    and now everyone's waiting for the photos...
    head over to http://www.imageshack.us/ for some nice free hosting for your pics and hurry up

I really liked this car at the motor show in Sydney 2 weeks ago. I felt right at home in the drivers seat coming from a 306 S16. The whole time I was there I kept wondering if I'd get this car of the VW Golf GTI if I had a lazy 40K to spend I'd have to drive both before deciding. I like the look of the new 307 better. It's a bit more interesting and the interior (seats, door trim etc) looks better. The dash looks better on the Golf GTI though IMHO but only just. Performance on paper's supposed to be better in the Golf but again I'd want to test drive both. I wonder why the fuel consumption is so much better in the Golf? It wouldnt be my number 1 priority but on paper the difference seems unjustified for 2 similarly sized hot hatches...
    1994 306 S16 sold but not forgotten
    2004 Clio 182 current

Hi,
    I have picked up my brand new 307 feline today and was wondering if anyone else has one already and if so what are your thoughts????
    Well then,

Congratulations on the new car, and welcome to

I'm wondering though, will you continue to refer to it as the Feline, or will you succumb to what it's called in Oz, the Sport?

What made you pick the 307, after never owning a Euro before?

I'll try and think of another 18 questions, just to keep this balanced
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I'd like to see a good unbiased report of it. My fear however is that it will have the same weight issues as the 307cc, and the C4 VTS
    It's a good deal lighter than the 307 CC.

It's a warm, rather than hot hatch - lower gearing than the 180 should help.

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Performance on paper's supposed to be better in the Golf but again I'd want to test drive both. I wonder why the fuel consumption is so much better in the Golf?
    For some reason, the 180's engine has fairly high city fuel consumption according to the factory figures, but the country cycle isn't too bad.

I'd have no hesitation in bettering the Golf's got noticeably better performance thanks to extra power, but significantly more torque and high levels of torque available lower in the rev range.

In the 307 Sport's favour, at least leather is standard, it's $2000 cheaper and the wait would be a good deal shorter - I suspect for thrills, the Golf GTI would be a better bet. Gearbox wise, whether you get DSG or a manual, the Golf's superior to the 307. These days, Peugeot just doesn't seem to make nice manual boxes, they're just not very nice to use these days IMHO, compared to most of the competition.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My experience with the C4 VTS (similar weight to the 307 Sport) was that you need to work the engine to give it's best. The Xsara VTS seemed to have better pull from low revs, you can feel the extra weight of the C4. The extra weight cancels out the extra power of the EW10J4S vs XU10J4RS in this case IMO.

Low boost turbo or larger torquer motor (EW12) would be good.

Troy.

It's a good deal lighter than the 307 CC.

It's a warm, rather than hot hatch - lower gearing than the 180 should help.

For some reason, the 180's engine has fairly high city fuel consumption according to the factory figures, but the country cycle isn't too bad.

I'd have no hesitation in bettering the Golf's got noticeably better performance thanks to extra power, but significantly more torque and high levels of torque available lower in the rev range.

In the 307 Sport's favour, at least leather is standard, it's $2000 cheaper and the wait would be a good deal shorter - I suspect for thrills, the Golf GTI would be a better bet. Gearbox wise, whether you get DSG or a manual, the Golf's superior to the 307. These days, Peugeot just doesn't seem to make nice manual boxes, they're just not very nice to use these days IMHO, compared to most of the competition.

The only problem I find with Peugeots, and manual boxes is that the clutch is generally way to heavy, and takes a lot to engage properly. I have a lot of fun getting out of my 205 (automatic) and getting used to the clutch in the 306 when i drive it .

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

The only problem I find with Peugeots, and manual boxes is that the clutch is generally way to heavy, and takes a lot to engage properly. I have a lot of fun getting out of my 205 (automatic) and getting used to the clutch in the 306 when i drive it .

pfft

i love getting in the GTi-6 after driving the 604 for a while

the clutch isn't heavy it has feeling unlike the 206 clutch

the box is nice when warm but you want it that way

the only thing i find hard to get used to when i go from the 604 to the 306 is the ride or lack there of in the 306 and the 604 could be stiffer and it will be

the roads around here are not GTi-6 friendly but once you hit some nice roads you fall in love with it again
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Personally I prefered the heavier VTS clutch to the light clutch on the 206, but I guess that's because I'm used to driving cars with heavy clutches. Perhaps my view will change with time.

Troy.

I just find recent Peugeot gearboxes have a pretty horrid action - feels like the gearbox is filled with gravel. 206, 307, 407, 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 (I've driven quite a variety of current Pugs), etc - all just ordinary in terms of the shift action. Back in Sweden, swapping from a Golf V 1.6 FSI to a 206 was a world of difference - the Golf's nice positive shift compared to the 206's long, sometimes slightly vague, but rough gearstick action. Driving an S40 T5 6sp, then moving into a 206 GTi recently - very notchy, gritty feeling gearshift, versus the very easy, oily smooth short shift of the S40.

The 306 is the last Pug which had any reasonable gearshift, IMHO, and not an amazing one either.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Hi,
    Welcome to Aussiefrogs! I think I'd like to see some photos!

I just find recent Peugeot gearboxes have a pretty horrid action - feels like the gearbox is filled with gravel. 206, 307, 407, 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 (I've driven quite a variety of current Pugs), etc - all just ordinary in terms of the shift action. Back in Sweden, swapping from a Golf V 1.6 FSI to a 206 was a world of difference - the Golf's nice positive shift compared to the 206's long, sometimes slightly vague, but rough gearstick action. Driving an S40 T5 6sp, then moving into a 206 GTi recently - very notchy, gritty feeling gearshift, versus the very easy, oily smooth short shift of the S40.
    I drive the C3 auto, and the auto box is a clunker - sort of like the traumatic in the early Holdens.

When I was in the UK last year, we had a low mileage 206 wagon rental for a week and a bit. The gear change was rubbery and non-committal - you sort of put it roughly in the right area and hoped it wouldn't baulk when you tried to push it home.

By comparison, my Turbo Beetle's manual was a snickety delight. Positive fast changes and a great knob.

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    I wonder why the fuel consumption is so much better in the Golf? It wouldnt be my number 1 priority but on paper the difference seems unjustified for 2 similarly sized hot hatches...
    It's called direct injection (FSI), along with a low blow turbo. FSI allows absolutely perfect stoichiometric combustion, higher compression ratios, more power, more torque, less fuel consumption, and lower emissions. The the last reason alone, everyone will have to adopt it sooner or later, just as car makers did for fuel injection and multi-valve engines. The turbo, when you don't hoof it, improves fuel consumption as you don't need to put so much fuel in for the same kW demanded for steady cruise.

I obtained 8.1 l/100 km lifetime average with my Turbo Beetle (currently 7.8 l/100 km on the C3, which is more than twice as slow as the Turbo Beetle, despite having 12 fewer valves, weighing less, and has 400 cm^3 less swept volume).

thanks,
    Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

I just find recent Peugeot gearboxes have a pretty horrid action - feels like the gearbox is filled with gravel.
    You should drive a 205. It's such a sweet shifter (right up there with a honda box), i never expected it to be so good. I don't know why later pugs became such turkeys in that regard though, i really didnt like my time in a 206...
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

Quote Originally Posted by Cubits
    You should drive a 205. It's such a sweet shifter (right up there with a honda box), i never expected it to be so good. I don't know why later pugs became such turkeys in that regard though, i really didnt like my time in a 206...
    I've driven a very nice 205 GTi, but I didn't think the shift action was anything noteworthy really

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Really? I find it to be lightning fast and very accurate, even though the throw is kinda weightless.

Later cars i've driven have a rubbery feeling that the 205 just doesn't have (probably because it's all solidly linked), and hindering weight without any positive action.
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

XTC

One of the most +ve gearboxes I've used is that from a 2004 MX5 ... very nice, smooth and snick, snick feel. PSA could learn a thing or two.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information