206 XRS flat spot
  • Register
  • Help

Default 206 XRS flat spot

We are the proud owner of a 2003 model 206 XRS, by far the newest car we have ever had. Up for rego, I was on my way to get a pink slip when I read the rego papers Ė not required. I knew this of course, but itís never happened to me before, so I forgot.

Advertisement

Anyway, this 206 wouldnít pull the skin off a custard down low. Once it gets a few revs it seems normal enough, no ball of fire though. I have been told that it is because the engine is twin-cam, but by golly gosh my Mi16 is DOHC and it pulls like a 15year old boy.

This is a real live flat spot, it bogs down off the line to the point of being dangerous, whereas in my car I donít even need to accelerate, or can take off in second gear. Iíve driven an XT 1.6 and it went like its bum was on fire, so Iím hoping that this is just a state of tune, or even something that could be fixed by a new chip.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or are they just ďall like thatĒ?

Chris

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Dijon16
    We are the proud owner of a 2003 model 206 XRS, by far the newest car we have ever had. Up for rego, I was on my way to get a pink slip when I read the rego papers Ė not required. I knew this of course, but itís never happened to me before, so I forgot.

Anyway, this 206 wouldnít pull the skin off a custard down low. Once it gets a few revs it seems normal enough, no ball of fire though. I have been told that it is because the engine is twin-cam, but by golly gosh my Mi16 is DOHC and it pulls like a 15year old boy.

This is a real live flat spot, it bogs down off the line to the point of being dangerous, whereas in my car I donít even need to accelerate, or can take off in second gear. Iíve driven an XT 1.6 and it went like its bum was on fire, so Iím hoping that this is just a state of tune, or even something that could be fixed by a new chip.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or are they just ďall like thatĒ?

Chris

As an off chance maybe the oxygen sensor being slow to respond?
    My 205 Si presently takes a little time to respond to the throttle ( not a rev thing as it still pulls well down low with steady running), less of a problem after a good run when the sensor is cleared a little of carbon buildup.
    Graham

Thread Information