405 steering wheel fitting
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 405 steering wheel fitting

Hi, I was trying unsuccessfuly, fit Mi16 steering wheel into my '94 405 SRI.
    Is it possible?, or I am wasting my time. I heard about some kind of adaptor kit. I really like the Mi16 steering wheel. Any advise will be appreciated.

Cheers Greg

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gregR
    Hi, I was trying unsuccessfuly, to fit Mi16 steering wheel into my '94 405 SRI.
    Is it possible?, or I am wasting my time. I heard about some kind of adaptor kit. I really like the Mi16 steering wheel. Any advise will be appreciated.

Cheers Greg
    It would seem that steering wheels and their mountings changed quite a bit. I wanted a replacement for my 505 Estate the other day but all the wheels Laurie (Ren-Wreck) had were shaped diferently around the boss area.
    At the time he mentioned that there were changes in 405 wheels as well so some of them aren't interchangeable either.

Roland

PS: How did you go with getting that left damaged 405?

You need a Series 2 Mi16 wheel, not Series 1. The blinker cancelling mechanisms are different.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thanks for the replays. PeterT you must be right, the Mi16 steering wheel is from Series1 (bought from ebay). I wonder if that can fit into Series 1 405SRI, so I could advertise it on ebay ( it is in great condition). As for the demage 405 I bought: it was stripped completely, I am "transplanting" engine and gearbox to my car (hope it works), and I am left with alot more spare parts, which I would propably have to sell (reluctantly), due to a lack of storage. By the way Roland I am curious how did you found out about it.

Cheers Greg

Sorry Roland, I just remember few weeks ago, asking at the forum about the prices for the wrecked 405 Pugs. Memory is fading?!

Cheers Greg

Thread Information