205si series 2 Heater??
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 205si series 2 Heater??

Hello
    the heater in our 205si has never worked since we bought the car along with the A/C.
    The fan works but we dont get hot and cold, just outside temp.

Are the two connected?
    I know the ac needs re-gasing. would this effect the heater also if there was no gas?

Before i pull the dash apart to find the heater matrix i thought someone may have a better suggestion.

Thanks
    Joel

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay
    Hello
    the heater in our 205si has never worked since we bought the car along with the A/C.
    The fan works but we dont get hot and cold, just outside temp.

Are the two connected?
    I know the ac needs re-gasing. would this effect the heater also if there was no gas?

Before i pull the dash apart to find the heater matrix i thought someone may have a better suggestion.

Thanks
    Joel
    Hi Joel,

Check and make sure the two water hoses are connected to the heater core. It is possible the heater core has a leak and has been bypassed in the engine bay. The two hoses you are looking for pass thru the firewall just near the steering column. If they have been removed from the two aluminium pipes that pass thru the firewall and joined together this could be the cause of your problem.

Jarrod

My hoses were disconected, so I changed the coolant and connected the hoses. Drove to work. After I finished work, started the car and went to drive off when I noticed the floor a bit wet. Yeh lost all the coolant and nearly blew my engine (the temp gauge doesn't work without liquid in the system). I've had my aircon regased 4 times (never lasts more than 1 month) yet there is no leak in the engine bay at all -compressor,condensor,pipes! I can only summise thatthe gas leaks form the heater core.
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

Quote Originally Posted by fat bastard
    My hoses were disconected, so I changed the coolant and connected the hoses. Drove to work. After I finished work, started the car and went to drive off when I noticed the floor a bit wet. Yeh lost all the coolant and nearly blew my engine (the temp gauge doesn't work without liquid in the system). I've had my aircon regased 4 times (never lasts more than 1 month) yet there is no leak in the engine bay at all -compressor,condensor,pipes! I can only summise thatthe gas leaks form the heater core.
    I will be removing a good heater core and condensor from my race car, shortly if you are intrested in buy it.
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by fat bastard
    The heater core has got nothing to do with the air conditioning, the evaporator does the job of cooling inside the car.
    My Series 1 205 GTi some 12 years ago had this problem (losing gas). It was under used car warranty and after a couple of tries finally the dealers found the problem, a leak behind the dash!
    It must have cost them a fortune.
    Last edited by GRAHAM WALLIS; 24th October 2005 at 09:13 PM.

Tadpole

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will have to do more investigating, although the centre console and dash look quite awkward to remove.

I did notice that the two aluminium pipes where warm after drive but i guess this could just be the heat from the engine bay transfering through.

Thanks
    Joel

Default air con/ Matrix

Thank you for the offer Parry, but this was 1 1/2 yrs ago and i've replaced condensor,compressor and engine bay air con lines (cost a fortune). Also bought a heater matrix from Auto 5.

I thought that it may be behind the dash, as that's the only place i haven't got to yet The mechanic says it will cost around $800- $1000 to take dash off, test matrix and replace dash- doesn't include hoses behind the dash! It must be a big job so i'll do it (air con hoses and matrix) when i do the mi16 transplant (cheers Graham).
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

Thread Information