GTi180 Warning Sound
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default GTi180 Warning Sound

Maybe I'm losing my marbles I'm not sure, but when I take right hand corners at considerable speed (mostly U-turns or roundabouts) I hear a single warning chime, but no light flashes on the dash nor any message on the display unit. I've tried doing the same thing with left hand corners but cannot get this warning chime to occur.

Advertisement

I've had a look through the manual but cannot find any reference as to what this may be warning me of.

Does anyone know?
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE
    Maybe I'm losing my marbles I'm not sure, but when I take right hand corners at considerable speed (mostly U-turns or roundabouts) I hear a single warning chime, but no light flashes on the dash nor any message on the display unit. I've tried doing the same thing with left hand corners but cannot get this warning chime to occur.

I've had a look through the manual but cannot find any reference as to what this may be warning me of.

Does anyone know?
    Sounds like Traction control...
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Does anyone know?
    Go back to the dealer and get them to top up the power steering fluid reserviour. It did this on mine when turning right when I first got it. The fluid would move below the sensor when turning hard right and let out a beep.

I notice a flashing once on the dashing when looking for this, looked up what it meant in the book and had them top the fluid up and it has never happened since.

Cheers,

Simon
    2002 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 16v sold
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

1983 Peugeot 505 STI

Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod

Nah definitely not the traction control.

Thanks Simon for the response, I did assume it was fluid falling below a certain level triggering a 'false' reading of some sort. I haven't noticed a flashing light on the dash though, but maybe I wasn't quick enough to catch it light up.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod
    The traction control light should flash if that is the case.

Troy.

I get the same thing when I'm cornering hard to the right. That's usually on the "circle of death" (at the junction of Flemington Road, Royal Parade, Elizabeth Street, tram lines etc.) when I'm going through slightly fast and corner hard.

At the time I thought it might be the sensor in the door showing open seeing as the car was leaning that way, but I never saw any indication of it on the console. I haven't done it hard in a while so I'd kinda forgotten about it until now...

I mentioned it to the dealer when I took it in for a service but they came up blank. I'm going to have to check the level on the power steering now to make sure that it's full. Last time I checked it was a touch over-full.

Hope we come up with a solution soon!

Thanks
    Nick
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Default hi,,

try ESP button off then try to turn right U turn if its come same sound again not big problem must be belt sound.. trust me not a big problem.l ve done 230khp speed on M4 last night arround 2.30am car was very fast with out (esp) and l ve try hard run like drag race then when is car start spinnig engine comes to back and you get very strong engine mount sound your car problem is not a problem dont worry!if you go to pug service they will say nothing.. bcoz,they dont know anything about that car exactly..everythings normal for this car they said like this bcoz, high performance car my car engine make milk shake when l ask service they said normal take care my friend and good luck u have only this problem

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    try ESP button off then try to turn right U turn if its come same sound again not big problem must be belt sound.. trust me not a big problem.l ve done 230khp speed on M4 last night arround 2.30am car was very fast with out (esp) and l ve try hard run like drag race then when is car start spinnig engine comes to back and you get very strong engine mount sound your car problem is not a problem dont worry!if you go to pug service they will say nothing.. bcoz,they dont know anything about that car exactly..everythings normal for this car they said like this bcoz, high performance car my car engine make milk shake when l ask service they said normal take care my friend and good luck u have only this problem
    I dont think your impressing anyone by saying your doing 230 clicks on a city motoway, let alone have anything to do with the topic.
    Last edited by WRC180; 24th October 2005 at 11:28 PM.
    04' GTi 180

l ve done 230khp speed on M4 last night arround 2.30am
    What -- couldn't get out of 4th?

(Moron post -- please sanitize. )
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr bern

Gold mr bern! Gold
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nick
    I get the same thing when I'm cornering hard to the right. That's usually on the "circle of death" (at the junction of Flemington Road, Royal Parade, Elizabeth Street, tram lines etc.) when I'm going through slightly fast and corner hard.

At the time I thought it might be the sensor in the door showing open seeing as the car was leaning that way, but I never saw any indication of it on the console. I haven't done it hard in a while so I'd kinda forgotten about it until now...

I mentioned it to the dealer when I took it in for a service but they came up blank. I'm going to have to check the level on the power steering now to make sure that it's full. Last time I checked it was a touch over-full.

Hope we come up with a solution soon!

Thanks
    Nick

Sounds like exactly the same problem. My car is due for a service shortly, so I will let you know how it goes when I tell them the problem.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

l do what ever l want mate l ve try my car then l was post other member not ur bussiness then time was 2.30 am in mornning no one in the road ok be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bern

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Gold mr bern! Gold

Icon13

So, what time does the Day Care centre open for you to be dropped off??

What you have written above is ridiculous and gravely irresponsible and not what AUSSIEFROGS is about. Take the speed off the street - if you kill someone, will you be flipping the bird to the Police and the family of the deceased?? Some people just do not learn........bet Ian Luff would love to have you at his course in Oran Park and feature you on Today Tonight / ACA

Think about it fool...............
    Last edited by Mi16 Man; 26th October 2005 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    "Take a Lion through a corner - FAST"

Current Fleet;
    2010 308 XSE HDi SW [Vapour Grey]
    2010 VW GOLF GTI [Carbon Steel Grey]

In the Family;
    2012 508 Allure HDi [Thorium Grey]
    2008 207 HDi XT [Bianca White]

Past "Frogs"
    2008 308 XSE HDi SW / 2006 307 XSE HDi Touring / 2001 306 XSi / 2005 206 GTi180 / 2005 407 HDi / 2003 206 XT / 1993 SII 405 Mi16 / 1990 205 GTi / 2x 1985 505 GTi S1 / 1976 504 / 1982 20 TS / 1997 306 XR / 1992 205 Si

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16 Man

What you have written above is ridiculous and gravely irresponsible and not what AUSSIEFROGS is about. Take the speed off the street - if you kill someone, will you be flipping the bird to the Police and the family of the deceased?? Some people just do not learn........bet Ian Luff would love to have you at his course in Oran Park and feature you on Today Tonight / ACA

Agreed.

A fool and his pathetic life are soon parted. This one has never seen the result of such (insert adjective here), actions.

Calling moderators to exercise our right to limited free speech and expunge this canker on our forum.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

XTC

l do what ever l want mate l ve try my car then l was post other member not ur bussiness then time was 2.30 am in mornning no one in the road ok be cool
    That's cool, we are always short of organ donors.

- xTc -

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    That's cool, we are always short of organ donors.

- xTc -
    I was not aware that mince could be transplanted.

You never know, he might only end up with "aquired brain injury", Politics here we come.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

what a bunch of lil whinging girls you lot are

so he sped in his car....big deal no need to go ban him for it. Sure it was stupid but then all of you have done dumb things in the past so seriously relax.

Life is not the internet u cant just go ban ppl when u dont agree with their actions...get over it and build a bridge...dont go be a dibby dobber and go tell the mods and expect them to ban him.

Anyways sorry to hijack ur thread Playlife...hope u get the problem fixed.
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma
    I was not aware that mince could be transplanted.

You never know, he might only end up with "aquired brain injury", Politics here we come.

Icon4

Default Take the speed off the street

Thanks for the useful info nos205gti in helping me with my problem
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Well I don't think it's ESP either, as the only time it chimes is when you press the off/on button.

Are you sure it's only a single chime and no other things?

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is a slightly misaligned door lock/sensor or a handbrake sensor, as these are a good source of warning chimes on the 206 - though usually accompanied by a flashing interior light and a display image. If one of the door sensors is slightly dodgy or loose, going around a r/h corner may make the door flex just enough to momentarily set off the chime?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Well I don't think it's ESP either, as the only time it chimes is when you press the off/on button.

Are you sure it's only a single chime and no other things?

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is a slightly misaligned door lock/sensor or a handbrake sensor, as these are a good source of warning chimes on the 206 - though usually accompanied by a flashing interior light and a display image. If one of the door sensors is slightly dodgy or loose, going around a r/h corner may make the door flex just enough to momentarily set off the chime?

Definitely only a single sound with no warning lights and only right hand corners.

I will alert the service people of the possibilities brought up here and hopefully they'll figure it out.

Thanks for the info and suggestions guys
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

I speak English well, I learn it from a book.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information