2003 XT 206 issues
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2003 XT 206 issues

Hi there guys/girls.....

We have owned a 206 03 model for just around 1 year now, we have had nothing but problems with it, i would like to know what problems you guys have had with yours or if you know how to fix the problems.

Keep in mind this is our second 206, the last one was written off and also had similar problems.

1. Key remote entry only opens doors around 1 to 3 meters away from vehicle
    (Really annoying)

2. Interior light dosnt function on permanent setting, only works on doors ajar
    (Peugeot said they changed a blown fuse, now second time its been changed and still dosnt work!!!)

3. First gear is very hard to engage, Peugeot Parramatta said they lubricated a few bits and peices, but still no different.

Im about ready to shoot these guys at Peugeot if they dont fix the probs, let me know what you guys think.....

Beemaa

Advertisement

in regards to the 1stgear being hard to engage, my pug used to be a bit hard to get into 1st, I thought it was like that on many 206's. It wasn't too difficult, but it didn't seem normal and it was clunky into 1st, anyway my dealer said they did the same thing, lubricated it...I didn't notice a big difference, but it was easier to engage and less clunky.

the 206 seems to have alittle bit of a clunky box anyway.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    in regards to the 1stgear being hard to engage, my pug used to be a bit hard to get into 1st, I thought it was like that on many 206's. It wasn't too difficult, but it didn't seem normal and it was clunky into 1st, anyway my dealer said they did the same thing, lubricated it...I didn't notice a big difference, but it was easier to engage and less clunky.

the 206 seems to have alittle bit of a clunky box anyway.
    Yeh i agree with the clunky gearbox comment, do you know anything about the keyless entry issue i mentioned ? The key dosnt operate normaly, you have to walk right up to the car, im not kidding like 1 meter!!. We just picked up the car today and they said they tested it and reprogrammed it and its fine (pheww)

Also the interior light is driving me insaneeeee, cant read a map and i find myself using my mobile phone to iluminate my Sydways ... mannn its giving me the shits.

Thread Information