volume control
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: volume control

Default volume control

I had one of those smelly things hanging from my air con vent, it tipped over and poured some of the liqid down my dash....now apart from staining the dash it has leaked into the volume control of the stereo thus siezing it. So i now can not turn down the volume on the stereo (can only use the steering wheel control).

Q. How can i get the front of the stereo off so i can have a look at the internals...i may, if i am lucky, be able to lubricate the button and free it up.

Advertisement

Warning....do not ever use these types of smelly keep my car nice deodorises...the ones with liquid in them....it has damaged our dash and it did it instantly ...well i am over it phew thanks!
    To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems

Quote Originally Posted by readnik

I had one of those smelly things hanging from my air con vent, it tipped over and poured some of the liqid down my dash....now apart from staining the dash it has leaked into the volume control of the stereo thus siezing it. So i now can not turn down the volume on the stereo (can only use the steering wheel control).

Q. How can i get the front of the stereo off so i can have a look at the internals...i may, if i am lucky, be able to lubricate the button and free it up.

Warning....do not ever use these types of smelly keep my car nice deodorises...the ones with liquid in them....it has damaged our dash and it did it instantly ...well i am over it phew thanks!
    I fear your volume control unit is, how you say, cactus.

The slovent in the "Odeur d'un jardin de hores" damages plastic, (as demonstrated on your dash), and as such it could have welded the bits of the controls togeather. Sorry.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Thread Information