405 engine mount
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 engine mount

I am in the process of replacing the cam belt on my 405 srdt and noticed the
    r/h upper eng. mount requires replacing. Any short cuts to getting to the bolt
    to remove/install the mount from the underbody would be appreciated. At the
    moment it seems almost impossible with the engine installed. Not enough clearance!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pug 405
    I am in the process of replacing the cam belt on my 405 srdt and noticed the
    r/h upper eng. mount requires replacing. Any short cuts to getting to the bolt
    to remove/install the mount from the underbody would be appreciated. At the
    moment it seems almost impossible with the engine installed. Not enough clearance!
    If you are replacing the mount next to the cambelt then this is quite easy. Remove all which is around the mounting bracket to allow for easy access to the bolts. Then remove the bolts holding the bracket onto the block and the bolt from the engine mount. this will expose the engine mount underneath. You will need to use a chizel of some sort to remove old engine mount.

Have fun.

Anthony

P:S: You will need a jack under the engine to support it while to bracket is off.
    1992 205 GTI
    1990 405 Mi16

For bashing things off like this mount. I use an old aluminium handlebar off a wrecked motorcycle.

Ones like from 98 Model GSXR600's. They're made of cheese.

So if you happen to slip, the bar will dent, rather then something around the car.

Cheers
    pips
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by nzant008
    If you are replacing the mount next to the cambelt then this is quite easy. Remove all which is around the mounting bracket to allow for easy access to the bolts. Then remove the bolts holding the bracket onto the block and the bolt from the engine mount. this will expose the engine mount underneath. You will need to use a chizel of some sort to remove old engine mount.

Have fun.

Anthony

P:S: You will need a jack under the engine to support it while to bracket is off.
    thanks for the prompt reply nzant008. I thought it had a bolt thru the bottom

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by pips
    For bashing things off like this mount. I use an old aluminium handlebar off a wrecked motorcycle.

Ones like from 98 Model GSXR600's. They're made of cheese.

So if you happen to slip, the bar will dent, rather then something around the car.

Cheers
    pips
    thanks pips I'll chase up a suitable bar.

Thread Information