ipod adaptor fpr new peugeot
  • Register
  • Help

Icon14 ipod adaptor fpr new peugeot

i have found a company in australia that make ipod kits for peugeots and other cool stuff for the car it is www.thecarkitcompany.com.au and http://www.connects2.com/

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by eddymstewart
    i have found a company in australia that make ipod kits for peugeots and other cool stuff for the car it is www.thecarkitcompany.com.au and http://www.connects2.com/
    Hate to disappoint you but Pioneer, Alpine etc etc now make recievers that allow you to connect your iPod to all of their current head units and many of the older ones. They are less than $200 and yes you can control them via the head unit, so you can leave the iPod in the glovebox. Did I read rightly that they are charging $400+ for these ICE things? Or you could just buy an iTrip for $75 and play it through your car stereo via the FM band.

Quote Originally Posted by irossiter
    Hate to disappoint you but Pioneer, Alpine etc etc now make recievers that allow you to connect your iPod to all of their current head units and many of the older ones. They are less than $200 and yes you can control them via the head unit, so you can leave the iPod in the glovebox. Did I read rightly that they are charging $400+ for these ICE things? Or you could just buy an iTrip for $75 and play it through your car stereo via the FM band.
    If you use a non clarion system in the 206, unfortuantly you loose steering stalk and central display stereo options. Clarion has a CE-NET bus ipod adaptor for clarion units. As for the iTrip i have one, and its not the best reception.
    04' GTi 180

its expensive for this unit that goes into the clarion but yiu get to keep your head deck and all controls, so much better then the fm transmitter, the quality is cd quality.

Quote Originally Posted by eddymstewart
    its expensive for this unit that goes into the clarion but yiu get to keep your head deck and all controls, so much better then the fm transmitter, the quality is cd quality.
    Eh.... that clarion head unit is a pile of doo doo..... i replaced mine with a Pioneer and have full control of my ipod through it.... I dont care for the stalk controls as they are relatively limited anyhoo.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyv2
    Eh.... that clarion head unit is a pile of doo doo..... i replaced mine with a Pioneer and have full control of my ipod through it.... I dont care for the stalk controls as they are relatively limited anyhoo.
    I guess you are right, that's very limited. All it will let you do is change the volume, mute the radio, change between single CD, stacker, and all the radio bands, change the track, ffwd/rwd the track, change the station and change the disc being played.

It sure makes me feel limited
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I had a mate in the mighty mighty commodore the other day and he brought his iPod and iTrip along. I have to admit I was very surprised at the sound quality and how good it was? I found when another mate held it in the back seat, it crackled a fair bit but if anyone knows VR commodores there is a storage bin under the radio and when placed there I experienced no problems what so ever. Id imagine it would sound alot better with a proper line out or a compatible head unit but I was rather impressed and considering the Aerial of the car has been snapped off on top of that!

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

gord what happened to the good ol days of running a simple twin rca cable form the output on your ipod into the back of your headunit.. and or amp.. cable costs $4.50.. done simple.

i trip grabage..

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Thread Information