306 XSi front wiper issue
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 XSi front wiper issue

Hey guys, wonder if any of you 306'ers (or any other valeo-using car) people have ever seen this. I replace'd the motor on my 306's front wipers about 6 months ago.

All of a sudden, they develop a fault.

Advertisement

This only happens as the wipers come to "park"

They seem to judder down the screen for the last say 30 cm's, and its annoying! If i have the wipers on constant, no judder untill the last wipe (as they are turned off)... then juddddddddder!

If they are on intermittant, judders like hell on every wipe (but only on the last 30cms as the wipers head to "park"

However, if i use the flick-wipe (single wipe), it judders "BUT"... if i hold it and let it go at the last second as it parks, no judder.

Odd..... any ideas?

Cheers

Kev
    306 Xsi 16V

1997 306 XSi 16V, Full Stainless Exhaust, Pipercross Induction Kit, JVC / Pioneer ICE

check the bolt that holds the wiper on.. it might be lose.. mine was..

Tadpole

I think I have exactly the same problem. In my internet travels I have come across two possibilities:

1. the relay is dodgy. The relay is in the panel under the steering wheel. It is unlikely to be the cause, because it would be too easy too fix

2. the wiper motor is buggered. Apparently its position makes it susceptible to water damage. There is an interesting discussion about it here. Its suggested to place a resistor in series with the wiper motor. Havent had a chance to give it a go, but it sounds plausible.

Asked the dealer service centre and my mechanic about it, and neither had seen nor heard of the problem before.

Please let me know if you figure it out.

It had better not be the motor, mine is only 6 months old!

Ill be stripping it down later i hope.

Ba$tard valeo crap!
    306 Xsi 16V

1997 306 XSi 16V, Full Stainless Exhaust, Pipercross Induction Kit, JVC / Pioneer ICE

Thread Information