504 front shock absorbers
  • Register
  • Help

Default 504 front shock absorbers

As regular readers of this forum may know my son David has bought a 1975 504Ti.

Fortunately for David (and my wallet) I am able to supply most of the parts he needs to get it up to roadworthy standard.

Apart from the odd bush or two he needs a new windscreen and front shockers. Has anyone got any suggestions for decent front shockers that aren't going to cost me the earth.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Chisholm

Fortunately for David (and my wallet) I am able to supply most of the parts he needs to get it up to roadworthy standard.

Apart from the odd bush or two he needs a new windscreen and front shockers. Has anyone got any suggestions for decent front shockers that aren't going to cost me the earth.
    I think STI originals work best if available new. Kayaba orange (KYB) and DeCarbons work well.

Thanos

Default Kayaba Shockers.

Has anyone got any suggestions for decent front shockers that aren't going to cost me the earth.
    Peter, there is a pair of Kayaba blues on Ebay at the moment.
    Not sure what the quality of the blue version is.
    They are in UK, NOS, no bids with 3 days to go, start at about AU$55.
    Have bought many items from UK ebay sellers without problem. Don't forget to figure in the postage.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/peugeot-504-5...QQcmdZViewItem

Paul,
    504-504-504,
    Northern Outpost.

nJm

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos
    I think STI originals work best if available new.
    Peugeot OEM shocks aren't available any more. I was quite disappointed as when my 505 needed new shocks all round I was forced to get gas filled inserts. I think mine are Sachs? They were about $85 per corner I think. They are much firmer than the originals, although I guess the upside is the car handles a little better. All in all though I can't say I'm that impressed with them. It feels a lot more fidgety on dirt roads, and has lost that fluid feeling it used to have.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Peter,
    can't help with the windscreen, but if you are willing to travel a little i know a bloke in Lara (Near Geelong) with Decarbon shocks for a 504 that he wants to get rid of cheaply. They are new, and i think he wants $50 for both the front shocks - he's got a heap of other stuff also, you may be interested.
    PM or post if you want his details.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Thread Information