Kugelfischer pump
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Kugelfischer pump

I am looking for the front seal and the tooth belt for a Kugelfischer fuel injection pump for my 1970 504 cabriolet. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Advertisement

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 2504jeremy
    I am looking for the front seal and the tooth belt for a Kugelfischer fuel injection pump for my 1970 504 cabriolet. Does anyone know where I might find one?
    Get the toothed belt at least from EAI. 03 98996683
    Graham

Tadpole

Default Success

When we took the kf pump off and looked inside, found that the whole top side was buggered (tech term).
    Time to call Rowland Pym (RPV) - yes, he had a contact in France and a new (old stock) kf pump might be available.
    A couple of days later, success - there is a never used pump in France and RPV can get it.
    2 weeks later - message from RPV - it is in the country but would prefer to hand it over to me in person rather than trust Australia Post.
    Handover arranged - then to get the thing to Dave Warner in Goulburn (he looks after the 504 cabrio as a retirement project when building work on his dream house gets too much).
    Arrange for Dave to drop in when he come through Sydney. He fondles the thing like a 3 month baby and drools.
    Last Friday, took the 304 cabrio down to Dave (clutch needs looking at) and pick up the 504. Oh boy, the wait has been worthwhile - engine has never run so well (I haven't done the calculations but I reckon that there will be a real improvement in fuel consumption).
    Thanks to Rowland and Dave for bringing the old girl back to life...I can't get the smile off my face.....

Thread Information