Touch up paint
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Touch up paint

Tadpole

Default Touch up paint

Hi this is my first post. I have a '97 406 sv in regency red and have afew small scratches and chips i want to touch up. Where is the best(cheapest) place in brisbane to get touch up paint?
    Oh this car is the best ive ever driven it has 190k's on it and is much better than a similar v6 commodore(faster too) and alot better than my parents '02 c5 citrocrap.
    thanks
    cris

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cris
    Hi this is my first post. I have a '97 406 sv in regency red and have afew small scratches and chips i want to touch up. Where is the best(cheapest) place in brisbane to get touch up paint?
    Oh this car is the best ive ever driven it has 190k's on it and is much better than a similar v6 commodore(faster too) and alot better than my parents '02 c5 citrocrap.
    thanks
    cris

careful now, we don't want our resident Peugeot troll coming in here to find you saying bad things about citroens

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    careful now, we don't want our resident Peugeot troll coming in here to find you saying bad things about citroens
    Might just be a bad car my parents got (was just away for two weeks getting stuff fixed and replaced which would cost $$$$ if it wasnt under waranty) Their are alot of good ideas in he car, kinda sad how much trouble its had.
    Anyway i was asking about touch up paint.

Under the bonnet you'll find a paint code. Just take it along to the nearest "Paint 'n Paper" or Dulux store and they should be able to mix you up what they call a "tester" which is a small tin (about 100 mls) of paint the identical colour.
    Best thing to do stone chips is the end of a matchstick; just fill the chip carefully with paint.
    With the C5, why not get the guts of what's gone on and tell us all about it. C5s are generally a very troublefree reliable motor car, if the family's having problems, there's some on here who may be able to advise and make their ownership what it should be; enjoyable.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

ah paint chips.. this why i love my 505.. every touch i have ever had to administer was with this handy can of Mat Black !

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Icon7

hi cris, welcome to af, bloke .

re touch up paint, for me anyhow, its a complete waste of time, regardless of how one can be careful applying to touch up paint. i used touch up paint for my previous s16 and on my fathers shitron xsara, and in effect - as carefully this touch up paint was applied - made it more noticeable. crap.

i'd rather wait for the bonnet to be pelted with stone chips and bullet holes, then get it resprayed for a coupla good ones, than waste my time and money, with that touch-up stuff.

seems its worked for others but you obviously know how i feel about it all.

only if i had mr miagi help me with "paint the bonnet" as opposed to "paint the fence", i'd think otherwise.

but good luck anyhoo!

current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Under the bonnet you'll find a paint code. Just take it along to the nearest "Paint 'n Paper" or Dulux store and they should be able to mix you up what they call a "tester" which is a small tin (about 100 mls) of ...
    Alan S

Does this work for recent peugeot paint codes? eg EWPA

(I thought they were peugeot specific)

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by mishio
    Does this work for recent peugeot paint codes? eg EWPA

(I thought they were peugeot specific)

Cheers,

They've usually all got them on the computer these days.
    Be careful how you write the code down as there are caps and small and this can be a code to the varient of the colour you're looking for, but to my knowledge, still works that way.
    Paint companies contract to manufacturers to supply the paint so really there should be no "brand specific" paints. That even applied to paint brands as they all seem to have access to each others formulas.
    These are Citroen colours back from BX days and all have 3 letters which to me indicates yourrs would be an off white colour (EWP) and the "a" should be the varient.

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/body/care.html

EWP Blanc Banquise ? ? 1-02 AC 4522

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    which to me indicates yourrs would be an off white colour (EWP) and the "a" should be the varient.
    Alan S
    Spot on!!

Thanks,

Thread Information