Brake Fluid
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Brake Fluid

Default Brake Fluid

My pads are worn down and rotors too thin for a re skim on my 205 gti 1.9
    Has anyone had any experience with Bradi Rotors and Roadhouse pads ?
    Car is used for quick road use. Not Track use.
    What brake fluid would suit ? motul rbf 600 ?

Advertisement

Thanks

Peter

Hey there Peter,

I have never used any of these products, but is it a 1.9 from i think 1991 onwards, as here in OZ there is a difference between 1.9 gtis. If it is what we call a S3 which is from i think 1991 onwards with the disc at the rear aswell then i would just reccomend the standard discs and pads from peugeot. Even for fast road use, they are great when cold and still good when hot. I would use a good DOT 4 fluid (i think the one you mention is fine). If you have the early model 1.9 (which is actually a 1.6 with a detuned 1.9motor) it will have drums at the back ( i think you already know all this but im just covering all bases) then im not to sure of the amount of interchangable discs with this model 205. I have used the standard discs (the smaller 1.6 rotors) with pagid black pads on the track and thy were still great.

Are you looking to upgrade or just finding a cheaper option?

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Hi,

I've got disc brakes all round and want an upgrade for fast road use but still good performance from cold.

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by cam85
    Hey there Peter,

I have never used any of these products, but is it a 1.9 from i think 1991 onwards, as here in OZ there is a difference between 1.9 gtis. If it is what we call a S3 which is from i think 1991 onwards with the disc at the rear aswell then i would just reccomend the standard discs and pads from peugeot. Even for fast road use, they are great when cold and still good when hot. I would use a good DOT 4 fluid (i think the one you mention is fine). If you have the early model 1.9 (which is actually a 1.6 with a detuned 1.9motor) it will have drums at the back ( i think you already know all this but im just covering all bases) then im not to sure of the amount of interchangable discs with this model 205. I have used the standard discs (the smaller 1.6 rotors) with pagid black pads on the track and thy were still great.

Are you looking to upgrade or just finding a cheaper option?

Cam

Roadhouse pads are in the R21 - they are OK, but not great. Good wearing, no noise and adequate performance. But I wont be using them in the 406, as I will be after a bit more bite than the Roadhouse have.

They are a good quality, but are an economy option I think. Ok for the average driver.

Discs are discs are discs as far as I can tell... Have got Sasic one one the R21, and will happiely put them on the 406 when the time comes.

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Arnold
    My pads are worn down and rotors too thin for a re skim on my 205 gti 1.9
    Has anyone had any experience with Bradi Rotors and Roadhouse pads ?
    Car is used for quick road use. Not Track use.
    What brake fluid would suit ? motul rbf 600 ?

Thanks

Peter
    Peter,
    the Bradi rotors from Znoelli seem to be fine, EBC black pads are very good on the 405 so may be OK on your 205. Hi tech Brake & Clutch has them.

Farmerdave

For spirited driving I would give the Roadhouse pads a miss. The EBC Greenstuff pads will cost a bit over $100 an axle. I have had them on various cars and are a good compromise. Greenstuff are gentle enough on discs and work well when cold.

They did fade on the Alpine at Queensland Raceway though, but it does need bigger brakes. The discs you mention I expect will be fine, although I have not used them.

Brake fluid of any mainstream brand will be fine. It is more important to change it every year or so, than the brand. I think the Motul you mention is good, but expensive.
    Last edited by alan moore; 18th October 2005 at 09:27 AM.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Great start that you have the S 205 so you have more options. I am upgrading my 205 brakes form the 307. They are 283mm and fit under 15in speedlines with the 307 caliperon there aswell. They bolt straight on but you just need a little more brake line i have hearf to reach the nipple when on full lock. A friend has them in the uk and he is using Mintex 1144 pads i think and they are great. Not that expensive to upgrade either,.

Ca,m
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Thread Information